Iron Man DVD Out Today!!!!!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl_Delta_31, Sep 30, 2008.

1. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I just found out about the Best Buy bust/case exclusive. I'm gonna run to mine tonight to see if I can still get one. :/

2. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    I tried getting it on blue-ray today with no luck. In my city and the two surrounding cities there is nothing. I feel defeated even though I finally got a hold of Transformers on blue-ray.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Ended up getting the two pack with the episode of the upcoming series. Let me say this, it's like episode two or something and it's already jumped the shark.

Obidiah Stane looks like Lex Luthor for no apparent reason. Pepper Potts has become Cloe, from Smallville. Roadie's role in the series is to support Tony in battle from his PC. It doesn't really sound like a big deal, until you realize he's been fighting his own inventions that Stane has been turning into weapons. He requires someone else to give him tips on how to destroy his own inventions. Even worse, at one point Pepper walks into Roadie's room, making him shut off his PC. The instant he does so, Tony just completely looses it and can't do a damn thing until he gets back on. Seriously, what the hell?! This is way worse than comic book teenage Tony.

Oh yeah, one more thing. The Mandarin is also a teenager.

This is probably the worst Marvel cartoon ever.

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

LOL. I was so confused by this post, and I thought you were talking about the Iron Man movie. Then I realized you were talking about the new animated series, and I don't even have to see the cartoon to know you're right. Heh.

5. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Meh, all my whining was for naught. She was just tired last night and that's what caused her headache. She watched the damned thing all day with no problems.

The bad part is that the store we bought it from (Best Buy) phoned saying that gave us the wrong TV. (It's true, it's a 1080p, but we asked to buy a 720p). I think we're going to keep the 1080p, but it was their fault for the screwup, so I'm going to see if we can work out a compromise for the hassle.

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Since you've already got it set up everything, I'd say that they need to do something there.

7. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    1080p > 720p. Keep the TV and tell them to screw.

8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I may know what your problem is...I actually had something similar happen where what the TV did gave me headaches, and I don't wear corrective lenses. Look for a feature in the settings for something that may say 120mhz or something along those lines, turn it off! It is a feature that "improves" the motion and makes stuff look more real. In my view, it made me sick and gave me headaches, which I would watch it at sears and see how bad it effects me, which doesn't happen with my 46" LCD because I opted out for that crappy feature. It makes stuff look too real when I watch it and it drives me crazy. Try that, and it may help.

9. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    Whoops, not your fault. That just means they will have to sell more service plans to cover the cost of their screw up.

10. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

That's good to hear. :) 

Like others have said, its their mistake. They should have caught the error before selling you the TV. Therefore you shouldn't have to compromise on anything.

Question for those with Blu-Ray. I'm considering buying a player (I'm not a gamer, so the PS3 is wasted on me). Do you require a phone line for that device as well?

11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a coupon from borders buy one blu-ray get one free. Thinking of getting Ironman & Transformers. What do you think? Recommend me something else.

12. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I heard that man. I'm always hestiant buy a lot of stuff at the end of year. There are Birthdays and Christmas to consider after all. :p 

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Today at target I bought the helmet case BR edition. Was going to get standard def but the BR was just $5 more so I got that instead for my PS3. Now just need a HDTV...

14. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I'de keep the 1080p. BluRay is 1080p. You'll need it.

15. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Iron Man and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

16. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Finally found it on BluRay today. Guy at Best Buy had to go dig around in the back to find one the display was empty except for single dvd versions. It's been sold out around here except for the Target Edition that comes in the helmet case. I really didn't want to pay extra for that. The Target Transforming Optimus version of Transformers on DVD cracked the center ring on the movie disc dvd in that set. The IronMan helmet case looks like it's made the same way. The plastic center ring holder is about 10x tougher than the holder in a normal case.

17. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    HAHA, you're tooooo poor for an HDTV!! :lol  I have 2 42" HDTV's, want me to lend you one? <------Sarcasm just so that you know. :tongue: 

18. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Bought the Target exclusive helmet DVD the other day. I wish I had a BR machine and HD TV so I can get the BR disc.. maybe next year I'll make that as my goal. :) 

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The deleted scenes are pretty cool. I like the one with the foursome...

20. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    One of the Best movies of the year is now in my house