Iron Man DVD Out Today!!!!!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl_Delta_31, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
  2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Picked up the 2 disk special edition. Can't wait to play it on my high def tv.

3. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

Just got it from Netflix today. Can't wait to watch it. This will be my second time seeing it. I wish I had the money to buy it though. :( 

4. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

turn off the internet option in the settings, and by-pass the download for now to watch the movie

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    ha ha I did that, watched the movie and now it won't connect and download. I'll try tomorrow.

6. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Its on the work bench to the left when Pepper catches him taking off the armor.

7. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Got mine this afternoon. I wasn't aware of the mask case at Target and had no interest in that so I then ran to Best Buy, but they were sold out. I finally got the BR version from Wal-Mart and plan on watching it this weekend. I might go ahead and check out the extras frist though. What a great movie.

8. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    I exchanged my disk for another one and the girls at the store said they've been hearing about a lot of problems with the discs not playing. I brought my new copy home and it was doing the same thing. I updated by PS3, turned the automatic internet BR option to "Confirm" and said no when it asked me, and voila, it played.

Then Speed Racer decided not to even come up as an option when I put it in and I just about had a hissy fit. I pulled it out, noticed a speck of dust and remembered that someone on here had mentioned that the BR's are VERY touchy about dust, gently cleaned it off and tried again, lo and behold it worked.

BTW, I bought a new 50" Plasma 1080p TV tonight. Actually, the 1080p is a bonus as the model I selected was 720p, but they pulled the wrong one out the back and gave it to me for the same price. ($700 difference!). New display stand and everything. It's styling. My only concern is that the large TV is giving my girlfriend headaches. She's got focusing issues with her eyes and balked last year when we bought a new computer over like 2 inches on the monitor size. She needs new glasses desperately, but is already talking about taking the TV back. I really love the TV... what should I do???

9. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Might as well wait till the Xmas holiday to pick it up.

Out of curiosity, how much does the DVD (regular, not Blu-ray) go for at Best Buy or Future Shop?

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Can she hold on until she gets new glasses? And if not...is the benefit of keeping the TV worth the cost of buying her glasses for her? I'd do it.

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

well, i got BR (and couple HD-DVD movies) too...and i still got a tube TV...

since i haven't used my PS3 since i bought it, i might as well use it as something so it don't just sit there like when i got my XBox...plus, when i eventually get a tv, i wont have to rebuy it.

as for the movie, i might just netflix it, not a Iron Man fan...plus i bought Forgetting Sarah Marshall (BR) and My Name is Earl Season 3 (DVD) so i think i've spent enough for the week.

12. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

Picked up my 2 disc standard copy at 12:05 AM yesterday. I couldn't wait another minute to own it. :) 

If she contributed toward purchasing the TV, then I think it is a mutual decision whether to take it back. If you bought the TV on your own though, then it is strictly your decision. It sounds harsh, but at the same time I think its unfair of her to make you live with her eyesight limitations too. If it was a chronic condition with no cure, that would be one thing. However if its simply a case of her needing new glasses to correct the focusing problem, then she needs to be responsible enough to take care of it.

Give it time. If she got used to the larger PC monitor, most likely she'll get used to the TV as well.

13. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, those are the UK releases.

14. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

I dont believe all the BR problems are with the actual disk. Its with BD-Live. I turned off internet connection for BR and the disk played fine. Turned it back on this morning and the disk updated in 3 minutes. I believe the servers were hit pretty hard yesterday from all the BR sales.

15. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    The glasses will get covered by my medical for the most part, but even if I have to pay a dime or loan her a dime to get them covered, she won't do it as she feels like a charity case if I give her just about anything. I have to basically convince her every time to let me help her.

I bought the TV on my card, but she's agreed to pay half. She offered me to keep the TV, but she would pay anything on it, which makes it become really expensive as I've just bought a new truck, an engagement ring for her, which she doesn't know about.

I'm thinking that it's something she'll get used to. My eyes are a little sore from it too, but nothing drastic as her "look at it and get a headache". But I'm also thinking that we watched a movie at my friend's place in August and his TV was the same size and she had no issues. I even moved the couch back about 2 feet (the most I could) so she's now further from the TV than at my friend's place. I'm really worried, I've wanted this TV for a really long time and now I feel that it's going to be taken back and I'm going to have to settle for something that I don't really want.

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I believe you are correct. I did the same thing. Great movie, I actually had not seen it yet. Looks and sounds great in HD too.

17. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

Yeah, I went through the same when my family bought a 46 inch TV a couple years ago. You do get used to the change though. I wear glasses and I think its actually easier to see the bigger screen. I have trouble focusing on small screens now.

Perhaps the two of you can work out a compromise so that you can keep the TV. Otherwise just be honest about how you feel. Considering that most TVs today are HD big screens, I think she's going to have trouble finding something that doesn't upset her vision issue anyways. Time to get those new glasses. :) 

18. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I agree with atlianz that the discs are fine, but that it was the servers that got hit hard, that caused the unusual slowness. I plan on getting the disc this weekend, so hopefully this wont be even an issue for me.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tell her to go read a book....

20. devastator831

devastator831 Mechanical Engineer

I had the same problem yesterday and did exactly the same thing. Definitely was a bd-live server issue.