Iron Factory Warpath (Legends scale)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Potchez, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Grouch

Grouch Stranger in a Strange Land

I like it. Hell, he's a tank. He should be as tall as he is wide and not too short. Built like the F4 Thing. Bruiser.

Finally broke down and ordered one. Now the wait begins.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Ozymandias13

Ozymandias13 Well-Known Member

His whole body should essentially be a fist, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Parasidian

Parasidian Garrus-1 Warden

News Credits:
    I've had the same issue, the left shoulder tab doesn't seem to want to stay tabbed in.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was hoping I was the only one. It seems to be an issue related to the torso being under pressure when the right shoulder is tabbed in. I noticed that the torso ever so slightly tips to the left, suggesting the shoulder putting the torso under pressure and pushing the other shoulder out. I tried sanding the other shoulder down a bit, did not help. I don't think its a QC issue I think its the design of the shoulder tab. Shame because as a whole the quality is impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. spark crusher

spark crusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for once, i havent had any issues! love this figure.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's good, I don't think I can afford another go myself, I may stick with the Racing Bros molds...looking forward to Wheeljack!

• Like Like x 1
  7. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Make sure that the shoulder extensions are perpendicular to the body, before tabbing the sides.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Autobahn Jazz

Autobahn Jazz Well-Known Member

Warpath legends class transformers comparison Burning Slug.jpg
    Warpath legends class Burning Slug.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  9. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

Looks amazing but there's no way I can justify in excess of £25 on a legends class figure.

10. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

The only thing I can say, is that they're beyond a typical Legend class Hasbro figure in terms of complexity, articulation. Subjectively speaking, style as well. Adding that it is not mass produced and benefiting from economies of scale and the price is justified... to the market, but perhaps not to your wallet :) 

• Like Like x 9
  11. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

I get why there's a mark-up over the cost of similar-sized, more mass-produced figures. I just don't wanna pay the larger part of $40 when something like XTB's Crackup is only about £10-$12 more.

12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I am regretting not having picked this up at TFCon...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

I get your line of thinking, but to me I'm not thinking that, with X amount of money I get X more plastic. I just really, really like the smaller Legend size-- more playable, less shelf space, faster to transform than a masterpiece but still complex enough to feel like a premium transformer.. all these things to me justify the price. That it is NOT more money or more plastic than your example for me is a pro, not a con. I think the Legend size 3P is a lifestyle you buy into, not a competition.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Evirdrevo

Evirdrevo Well-Known Member

I have this figure and would agree that it's overpriced. From the beginning, I didn't think it was worth more than IF-EX21 Bridgewatcher (which I paid $25 for at The Chosen Prime). After having it in hand, I'm certain it should not have been priced higher than $25. There's a mark-up for some reason or another. If I were to guess, it has something to do with lack of competition at this scale (hopefully Magic Square and the like will help matters). IF also has a history of not doing re-issues, which has an effect on consumers worrying that they may miss out on something if they don't grab the initial run (that certainly has affected me anyway).

• Like Like x 2
  15. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to shed some light on the difference in price, it's not that Warpath has some strange markup compared to Shockwave, Shockwave was specifically offered at a special low price compared to all of their other figures as a sort of 'customer appreciation' (maybe anniversary? I forget off the top of my head) price.

So it's a bit of a cherry-pick to compare those two figures as to why Warpath should be cheaper. Shockwave could have been sold for $35-$40 and I still would have gladly paid it.

• Like Like x 5
  16. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You can grab him and most other “standard” IF for around $25 via eBay flash sales. That’s how I’ve been getting all mine. Just got warpath for 24 shipped.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Well, looks like Burning Slug is my first 3P figure. With the death of official Legends toys, I felt I had to pick this guy up, especially since Warpath's one of my fave minibots. Iron Factory's piqued my interest ever since I got over my anti-3P phase; particularly since I love the Legends scale, their figures are far more affordable than larger 3P toys, and they don't slavishly try to replicate the G1 cartoon character models like the 3PMPs that I have no interest in. I'll do a pictorial review when he arrives.

• Like Like x 1
  18. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know you'll love him! And just a note... I don't think official Legends are dead. Just taking a short break. Hasbro knows how popular they are. Hell, Battle Trap just won Hasbro's 2018 toy of the year award.

It's just a convenient price point for 2 micromasters to use, but I'd wager that we'll see proper Legends figures back in the next part of the current trilogy.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

Even without a flash sale I can find most standard sized IF figures for $30 shipped, which is not unreasonable for a 3P figure of this quality. By all means, avoid paying the full retail price, but it's not much work to dig around on eBay, not like buying from Taobao or something. And yeah, as @IronMagnus said, it's unfair to compare the price to IF Shockwave.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Grouch

Grouch Stranger in a Strange Land

My Slug arrived yesterday and I dig the little bastard but his eyes are not painted! :( 

What color should they be? Blue?

• Like Like x 1