Iron Factory Warpath (Legends scale)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Potchez, Oct 27, 2017.

1. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    The Hasbro Tailgate doesn’t do enough for me, though I’d like to get MakeToys’ Manga Mecha Tailgate, sometime.

There’s also MasterMade’s Apollo, but it’s up to you whether you want to include an SD Supreme, though I love their Trypticon.

2. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am afraid if I get one SD figure I won't stop there. It would get expensive quick.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why not deluxe SD how is only leader sizes

• Like Like x 1
  4. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I was worried about the same thing lol.
    It's a slippery slope.

Thankfully I've managed to stop at Trypticon and Omega so far. (I did try to only get Trypticon and that didn't work)

Scorponok, Fort Max, and Metroplex all look great though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    fort max looks INSANE

• Like Like x 2
  6. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, they look like a lot of fun. They produced some Seekers, Megatron and Soundwave too, didn't they?

I have huge backlog of legend stuff I'd like to pick-up though. I still would like to grab Metroplex, DX9's Starscream/TC/Skywarp, The Deep Space Arsenal Teletran-1/Medbay , NOCV's Rumble/Frenzy and those Pretender weapons/faces for the Prime Masters. And a few Toyhax backgrounds.

• Like Like x 2
  7. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    I really liked the Soundwave in MasterMade’s minis pack, but I don’t feel the need for the rest, or even the mini Megs I already got with Tryps.

But, Fort Max does seem really enticing. Scorponok also looks really cool, but he’s not a must have, same as Omega Supreme.

What’s really interesting is MasterMade’s Devastator. Devy doesn’t normally do much for me, but the principle of an MP SD combiner is so nice I could buy it twice, or just evenly display them combined and as the sprouts squad. Most of all, I feel like I need to support that effort if I want to see an MP SD Bruticus and Predaking, besides a MasterMade Sky Lynx, with a transforming Cosmos instead of a headmaster packed in.

Finally, to bring things back on topic a bit, I think I’m gunna hold off on Warpath and prioritize some Legends from the last couple years, particularly IF’s Sixshot and my namesake from DX9. I thought I might wait for the chromed MFT Grimlock, but now I’m not that sure and think maybe I should get the smaller, crayola Grimsy from DX9. On the other hand, I really dislike the simplified head sculpt on MFT’s Sixshot, so I’m gonna go with the original, even if it’s got some breakage issues.

9. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You have an extra Megs then? I might be interested... if you don't want it

(And Thrust... love me some Thrust...)

• Like Like x 1
  10. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    I’m not looking to unload Megs, nor am I that desperate for MasterMade’s nontransforming Soundwave. Wavey looks cool, but I’m plenty happy with DX9’s Sonic Wizard.

And, I think Megatron’s feet are magnetic, and that could prove very useful... though I doubt I’ll be able to get him to hang upside down, or at least for very long!

11. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

I found a couple of listings for this guy with Mainland Chinese eBay sellers for the first time this morning. These are the usual non-vetted, alphabet soup sellers, but I still take it as a sign that Warpath should start showing up with the reliable folks like baba and netclow soon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    The MM Soundwave is awesome! I'm a collector of Soundwave G1 variants. If you enjoy SD and have the city bots then getting the little ones make sense. If you can find them separately I would totally recommend it. They are great little figures.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory

News Credits:
    Fortunately if you want to get into Master Made, they only release about one figure a year, offsets the price a bit with such long gaps in between. I had them all before Scorponok bt sol dthem because they just didn't fit with the aesthetic imo, they were also taking up more and more room. I definitely didn'twant to get rid of them though but I culled nonetheless. Their Metroplex and Omega Supreme are both great figures.

I'm waiting for IF to do one however, maybe a LSOTW scaled Fort Max.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JohnGav11

JohnGav11 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  15. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    Baba might be cheaper since the shipping is included/free, which is why you sometimes see higher upfront prices on ShowZ, Baba, or HZJ, for some examples.

But, I figure it’s pretty damn close either way, and only if you’re already aiming for a $150+ order, so as to get free shipping—at most sites, does the balance tilt away from Chinese eShops.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I don't disagree with your logic and am tempted to pick him up now with the eBay flash sale coupon anyway. But, I've been watching prices on IF stuff the past 6-8 months or so and baba consistently comes in at $10-15 less on average vs. US retailers, even with free shipping factored in. E.g., the Bruticus sets were around $55 each vs. $70 at US etailers; IF-EX30 Cygnus is $50 right now vs $65 on TFSource; even IF Seekers are $33 vs $40; and so on. So this is outside the "norm" which is why I said "hmmm." Heck even Cygnus had a "preorder" price of $55 which was still less than the normal markup. With this trend I was expecting Burning Slug to end up closer to $30. baba might be playing the "I got it first!" card here.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

Baba's prices have been creeping up for a while now; I absolutely think he's started trading a bit on his reputation. I've noticed that he tends to list a bit higher when a figure first comes into stock, and then within a week or so drops his price some. For IF especially I pretty much only order from netclow these days; he usually gets stock in a bit after baba but will almost always be about $5 cheaper. $42 seems a bit high for a stand alone IF figure, wait a bit and it will almost certainly come down. I would expect the price to eventually get close to $35.00 before too long.

I prefer to order stuff from China despite the longer wait for shipping because I don't like having to choose between paying for U.S. shipping, which on an IF figure is a significant % of the figure's price, or wait until I have $150 of stuff I want, which takes months usually. Worth the 1-2 weeks international shipping takes for me to have a figure in hand and for significantly less than I'd pay to get it in the U.S. within a few days. Only real price I pay is having to look at people gush over something while my stuff languishes in customs.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    4D67158E-97C0-4AE2-9453-379739049C55.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  20. EvaTType01

EvaTType01 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5