Iron Factory War Giant (Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Nov 26, 2016.

1. TrueHeresy

TrueHeresy Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend/show a sticker set for these guys?

2. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

Wait for the official designated set, right now nothing fits very well.

3. TrueHeresy

TrueHeresy Well-Known Member

Good tip, are the previous sets good?

4. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They scale with each other.
    The only oddballs are the early figures of Blaster, Perceptor, and Soundwave I believe. Who are a little small compared to the others, if going by their usual heights.

Scorponok is also smaller in the Marvel G1 comics. As is Fortress Maximus, who gets a body upgrade and is still not as big as in the cartoon.
    (Which would help with scaling for MP as Scorponok would be a little bigger than Leader height if going by Marvel G1. Fort Max in full upgrade would be about 1.5 times the height of MP10.)

So IF Scorponok scales with IDW and G1 Marvel.

Not sure if I'm following you.
    Iron Factory has numerous different heights within Legends scale.

Arcee is smaller than Sideswipe or Prowl, who are smaller than Seekers, who are smaller than Grimlock, who is smaller than Sludge or Dai Atlas, who are smaller than Scorponok.

Sure sounds like Legends scale and not all the same Legends height to me.
    Even Swindle is shorter than Brawl in this set! I remember quite a few being excited about their different height in bot mode while retaining limb height.

I know I've posted plenty of pics where you can see differing sizes.
    IMG_20180318_015913.jpg
    IMG_20180128_193903.jpg
    IMG_20180225_182913.jpg
    IMG_20180226_213211.jpg

Here's a pic from Kuma with some figures I don't have.
    12-132.png

From LazyAza
    26404287058_cf97722cb6_b.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Just combined mine for the first time. He's pretty cool. Very minimal stress marks in my figures. In fact only Vortex has them. Darn, I really wish someone would make this in MP scale.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    In a lot of ways, this is a micronizing of Warbotron’s eponymous WB-01 Warbatron, which also has a pretty solid OS KO from Jinbao, @hellex

Still, I really do feel what you’re saying.

Besides swapping in G2 Vortex’s colors to give Bruticus a little more life, War Giant is another, stellar “Manga Mecha,” of sorts, from Iron Factory.

I’m not sure IF will ever do MP, but it would be interesting to see some company do the redesign work to take this style to a larger size, especially retaining the excellence of the head sculpt, though with some red eyes, too.

7. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    I hope Iron Factory stays in this lane and improves their tolerances. There’s enough MP companies.

• Like Like x 3
  8. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I am not saying IF should do MP. IF should continue doing what it's already doing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    Unique and Zeta’s Bruticus are shaping up quite nicely, too, but I can’t get with Swindle being spun around as a leg in Zeta’s so that his underside is showing.

Still, I’d like to see what an Iron Factory Trypticon might look like when pushing them way outside the legends pocket.

Though, it might be better if they started small with Sky Lynx.

• Like Like x 2
  10. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Scale wise, I would think Titans Return Trypticon would work well?

• Like Like x 1
  11. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    I just don’t like the inarticulation and blockiness of the Geewun piety in TR Tryps. And, I’d like to get Diabolus Rex—thanks especially to the fine photography of a certain someone around here, but I also know that’s a real long shot.

So, I’m just wondering aloud at what Iron Factory might do if they aimed at something like their own MasterMade titans.

After all, Iron Factory started with a teeny little Windblade for Generations Metroplex. But, Tryps is my favorite city bot, so that’s where my fantasizing wanders, even if it has most to do with the output of High Moon Studios than Sunbow.

Working up to that, then, I’d really hope for some creative risks out of IF if they tackle the smaller beast in Sky Lynx, who does seem to be due since even HasTak is getting around to Predaking!

Perhaps in updating and making him over, Iron Factory could explore various flavors of Liger and other Zoids past but especially, naturally stuff that came around with Zoids Fuzors.

That sounds a lot more interesting than TR Tryps, who still looks a lot like a Gojulas with a hint of Gojulas Giga.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  12. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thanks if that was for me lol.
    I got mine here back in December. It was about $140 shipped. First time ordering there, no problems though.
    http://robotoybase.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2897&search=Master+made

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing MasterMade do SkyLynx. They already have the style going for them. I think they would do a great job.

Then we can have SkyLynx beating on the Combaticons. And when Predaking comes out he can beat on Bruticus, then SkyLynx can take Predaking out. SkyLynx always wins.

G1DW_SkyLynx_sporting.jpg 3fed5a8b4caf6d2fe9504e62b050e2ce-d54ckel.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    I was being sneaky, but of course it was your work, @Potchez, that really made Diabolus a priority for me. I had been thinking Striker Noir or Thunder Erebus seemed like the most important pieces to arrive late to, but the Combaticons hanging around Tryp’s outpost just looked perfect. And, there really is no other Citybot that I dig as much as this Dino.

And, I’ve got RTB bookmarked already, as they are the better of the two last ditch shops from what I can tell, with Robot Kingdom being an absolute last resort. But, I’m kinda unsure that I can budget Rex in the nearish future, especially when shipping it by e-express or air parcel is an extra ten or twenty bucks to get all the way over to the East Coast :oops: 

But, maybe I shouldn’t worry about Shrike’s Feather or Rush Beats selling out and save up for Tryps, though I would like to get Rearend from TFSource while that’s still on sale :p 

And, as I always reward creativity over piety, I’ve probably got room in my shelves for a couple Sky Lynx, so bring it on MasterMade, Perfect Effect, Make Toys, and Iron Factory.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to lube/grease up the mushroom pegs on the limb bots? Swindle's toes and the torso joints on Blastoff and Vortex are getting stressed to hell.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Xenock

Xenock Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm building Bruticus. I technically have him built. Is anyone else having trouble with the helicopter arm hitting the chest? Also, I cannot find all of the parts for the gun. It feels like I am missing parts for some reason... Anyone else having that issue too?

*edit, figured out the gun part, the weapon parts were on a table, that I forgot I moved them to when I moved everything to combine them!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  16. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please provide a picture of how you have Vortex setup so we can see if he's transformed properly or not. Or, review the dozens of pics posted on this thread to compare.

17. Overlord Galvatron

Overlord Galvatron Well-Known Member

How does this guy look with Titans Return Trypticon and Generations Metroplex

18. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    War giant beuticus has his fists store away in those weapon pods on his lower back ass area right???

Could one simply remove them from his butt and fit them. Into place over his hands as a set of weapons knuckle dusters??????

19. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
  20. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    Question

The Hasbro takar a minibots . the classix original 16 from feberatuon 1 seasons 1 through 3

How well do they scale with the iron factory combaticons and their war giant combiner form