Iron Factory War Giant (Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Nov 26, 2016.

1. tcyeric

tcyeric professional toy breaker :(

News Credits:
    And I myself ended up with a stress mark :( 

2. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wound up with several stress marks by the time all was said and done. Some of those tabs and clips are just too thin/small.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

The instructions say to turn Brawl's head around 180 degrees when changing him into tank or leg mode.

It's virtually impossible to actually do this thanks to the tightness of the neck joint and the lack of space to get one's fingers in there to turn it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yup. I stopped bothering after my first attempt resulting in me getting his head about 80% of the way and then it refusing to go any further haha.

Luckily in leg mode his head is relatively recessed so you only really notice it if you're looking directly behind the combiner.

Incidentally if anyone wants my thoughts on the completed set my final two vids on it are up now. Zero problems with shoulder connectors or antennae for me but I made sure to make note of those anyway so people are aware. Some fiddly transformation bits here n there but overall very very satisfied with the set. No reason at all to not buy this guy, he's a stunning achievement for legends toys and makes me very excited for their djd set.

• Like Like x 2
  5. General Rasp

General Rasp Well-Known Member

Has anyone received a shipping notification for Toyercity?

6. Sablazosword

Sablazosword The Wrong Error

Yeah I know. Well I've asked. Let's hope it will not take too much to get them in a way or another. Luckily they are really minor pieces, and also the combined guns do not suffer to much from their absence, IMHO.

This set looks fantastic in any case, and strongly enforce my plan to collect combiner TF at this scale!
    The only complain I have is related to the very limited front movement of the legs, due to crotch plate design, and the lack of an extra panel to cover Armored Boar head section in combined mode. Even if you manage to rotate its head, that part still feels quite hollow compared to the other limbs and War Giant in general. Considering the amount of part forming of this model (completely acceptable for me at this scale), it would not have hurt or offended anyone to get a similar part, always in my opinion.

QC wise, all of my combacticons are fine, but the left part of Cannon Charriot hips is a little loose, in the sense that it has some tolerance and moves a little higher in combined mode and that cause the legs to split further apart that they should.
    The other issue is that for some reason, I cannot rotate counterclockwise Armor Boar left tight, but I can perfectly rotate it clockwise...

• Like Like x 1
  7. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    @Sablazosword

Actually, i bought from email myself from seller called Netclow, and my Onslaught had a part with no paint and another qc issue, and he told me he will get me the parts. Of course, it is chineese new years now until the end of the month, so i know nothing will ship or even start to happen until then, and will recontact him at that point..

8. tcyeric

tcyeric professional toy breaker :(

News Credits:
    Yeah I managed to get a few stress marks on vortex too :( 

9. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Swerve’s Best Customer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    One time where ordering from a Chinese seller has failed me in terms of getting stuff before the US stores lol. Anyone get an invoice from Toyercity yet? I was hoping for an invoice before CNY and then shipping immediately after CNY.

10. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i emailed toyercity early this week about it but haven’t received a response. tempted to just order from an US etailer.

11. DwarfPrimus

DwarfPrimus Well-Known Member

TFSource have all 3 sets for 209.97

12. crazee928

News Credits:
    so does all the other US etailers. i stopped shopping at tfs a long time ago, tcp is my go-to

• Like Like x 3
  13. GunplaGamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I am tempted as well from TCP, but the $60 difference is definitely stopping me.

If I am unsure I want to get said TF, I add to my stack on TFSource. If I know I want it regardless, I get it from TCP. :) 

14. crazee928

News Credits:
    yea tcp is what i use, but having heard toyercity is $60 cheaper i decided to try them out this one time to see how it goes. i’ll give them another week or two for cny before i give up and order from tcp, my loot is tied up bc i don’t have my $150 minimum so war giant would be my answer for free shipping lol

15. DwarfPrimus

DwarfPrimus Well-Known Member

Woo hoo!!! Email confirmation and tracking stating that all 3 sets have been shipped!!! From here on out it's a waiting game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GunplaGamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I had the exact same thought Crazee. Since it is $0 down AND $60 cheaper with EMS shipping...there is no risk really on our end.

To quote EmGo,

• Like Like x 1
  17. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    2 weeks until I recieve Set B and my replacement Set C...

18. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Oh snap, my arms DID get out of China before the slow/shutdown. Sweeeeet.

• Like Like x 2
  19. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

Perfect. I was wanting to pick up Ultra Magnus and Six Shot but the IF ones are hard to find. These slightly larger ones will fit my personal scale with bigger bots like UM.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Some more pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Need me a better con sticker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Should be noted shockwave gun isn't touching the mat in this pic, dood is incredibly well balanced.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still can't get over just how super cleverly designed this set is. So much thoughtful engineering went in to him and compromises are so minimal. He makes so many of the bigger sets look like jokes he's so smartly realized and well executed. Makes me glad this size class is doing so well these days. Really should get me some of UT's stuff and see what the mech planet guys are pulling off at some point since I believe their menasor might be completed this year. Though I might be thinking of another company there.

• Like Like x 10