Iron Factory War Giant (Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Shaman

Shaman Well-Known Member

I need to go look up the definition of the various scales. I've seen people talk about Chug but all I envision, for whatever reason, is a little fat baby whenever it's mentioned. /shrug

But that is the Defensor (Generation Toys.) I love his look but he's too small for MP and too large for Legends then.

Thanks again.

• Like Like x 2
  2. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think slylynx looks great with a legends collection. everyone should have one on the shelf.

20190304_162808.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  3. Shaman

Shaman Well-Known Member

You know what I just realized. It isn't Generation Toys Defensor. It's Make Toys Guardia. Too much research and too little retention. So, is Guardia Chug too?

EDIT: Alright, TFSource classifies Guardia as Voyager / Deluxe class. So, he's Chug if I understand correctly. Boo.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is a quick photo of ER Sky Lynx with Onslaught and Vortex. I think for his price he's a great option for a legends shelf. Also the WFC Omega Supreme really looks good with Iron Iron Factory's figures.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    Right now there isn't a legends scale Defensor by any company. Iron Factory made a Bruticus (that you already know) and a custom combiner out of their Decepticon Justice Division that look like a giant Tarn. DX9 did a Devastator years ago that's been KO'd a couple times. Magic Square and New Age are both doing Menasor. Oh! And Zeta is doing a legends Superion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

When they teased their first Stunticon, NewAge implied they will do a Bruticus and a Superion, but we haven't heard or seen anything about them since.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Maketoys Defensor, Devastator, and Computron as well as Fansproject Menasor are all similar in height to the Combiner Wars Combiners.
    Some fellows of the Legends community have successfully used these size Combiners with their Legends. Even though they classify as chug, some like their Combiners larger than life.
    The limb bots from FP Menasor and MT Computron could pass for large (Legends Plus) figures.

Here is what IF Bruticus looks like with a Combiner Wars sized Combiner.

IMG_20190407_230646 (1).jpg IMG_20180129_213208.jpg IMG_20180204_005329.jpg IMG_20190407_230727 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 10
  8. Shaman

Shaman Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the responses.

Seems the same predicament I have in the MP scale is going to exist, for now anyway, across all the scales. I have ZETA's Bruticus but there isn't an MP Defensor to match with him. IF Bruticus is awesome but again no Defensor. Guardia is awesome but no Bruticus. I guess for now I can focus on the headmasters, and movie cast in Legends / Legends+ scales. What a rabbit hole.

4-5 years ago I started with just wanting a small representation of Transformers for nostalgia sake. Couple Dinobots, Optimus, and Megs. That was it. MOTU, GI Joe and Star Wars were my primary lines as a child so...

Now, 1984-1985 is almost done with all MP scale (or there about), 1986 is a mixed bag (I had cut off at the movie characters.) I think I'll finish 1986 and go into 1987-1988 with Legends/+. I can only imagine the look my wife is gonna give me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    How's the Transformable Pocket Toys version of this?

• Like Like x 1
  10. kingmob75

kingmob75 Kreon

News Credits:
    I'd say it's fantastic, especially for the price.

Essentially, it's about 90% as good as owning the original [and honestly, practically indistinguishable].

I bought one to have as a duplicate of my IF original - I keep the PT version in combined mode, the IF version in separate Robot modes... best of both worlds!

• Like Like x 3
  11. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    How's the quality? $85 shipped is very tempting but only if it's a pretty good quality

Screenshot_20210205-002516.png

• Like Like x 2
  12. kingmob75

kingmob75 Kreon

News Credits:
    The quality is nigh indistinguishable from the original - I would be hard pressed to tell the difference without in-depth inspection.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    the Pocket Toys KO has been as low as $55-60 shipped in the past, so it's a no brainer to pick up compared to the original as the quality is fairly close to the original IF.

i have both the PT KO for the original war giaint (bruticus) colours and IF catastrophe (ruination) colours, and the most distinguishable difference i've noticed is that the PT uses pins in some areas of assembly, where as IF had used screws. also blast-off has caps to cover the screw hole channels for the top portion of shuttle alt mode, while IF doesn't have any covers. also find some of the ratchets better/consistent on my IF versus slightly weaker, less crisp on the PT.

oh and my PT copy seems to be the later release that has unpainted grey feet, instead of matching silver. which isn't the end of the world, but was disappointing.

DSC08302.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Did Pocket Toys released a Baldigus deco version? I don't remember...

15. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Agreed. I had IF first and got the PT version to check out since it was so cheap. Some of the colors were slightly different (like on windshields or eyes) but otherwise I found the PT version just as good, and in some respects, better because I was sort of afraid of breakage reports on the IF version of Blast Off. Ended up selling my IF one and keeping the PT.

Nope, was hoping they would but it never materialized.

• Like Like x 2
  16. FredVIII

FredVIII HUMAN GERM!

News Credits:
    I have both -- IF for bot modes and PT for combined mode (w/IF head, chest, feet, waist, and hands) -- and for the price, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the KO. There are some differences -- the KO has some softer details here and there and the paint on my copy is sloppier in places than the original -- but it's nothing you'll really notice unless you examine and compare them closely (which I did, but only because I am sick in the head).

• Like Like x 4
  17. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    Bought on your recommendation. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  18. velencourte

velencourte Well-Known Member

Any tips on getting Vortex's gun/cockpit to plug in on the front of his helicopter mode? I can't seem to get it on there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I wish...

• Like Like x 3
  20. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Yeah, that post is a real stubborn one in both chopper and arm mode. I try to get it mostly snapped together and then seat the connection.

Still... when I was having trouble with transforming Brawl’s legs, I turned to Paik4Life’s instruction video, so see if that’s helpful for ya.

• Like Like x 1