Iron Factory - IF-EX44 City Commander Final Battle Armor (Maximus Ambus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by IronMagnus, Jan 22, 2019.

1. undulate

undulate Well-Known Member

I’m one of those also in BBTS limbo. I’ve heard great things about toy dojo, when this ships I think I’ll avoid BBTS going forward.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Plaiskool1201

Plaiskool1201 Well-Known Member

The newest figures iron factory comes out with are some of the best they definitely improve with each figure I’m amazed on how far they improved the articulated hands from the previous primal commander I actually ended up getting 2 of them because the first one I purchased took about 3 months to come I managed to order another from robotoybase an that managed to come before my first order did.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ghostimus

Ghostimus Well-Known Member

I'm about to finish transforming this guy but I think I missed a step. I'm trying to line everything up but the tabs on his extended leg-guards won't reach the holes at his chest, and the tabs off the extended rails (from his shoulders) won't reach the holes in his legs. As if there's something extended in his torso/legs that should be retracted, but I don't know what.

4. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Quick update: Bababobo said ETA is end of March. So hopefully I will have this guy by mid-April.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Hal Primus

Hal Primus Well-Known Member

Position of the fists, maybe?
    The silver knuckles should be facing inward in truck mode.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ghostimus

Unfortunately I still can't get it. The pegs/tabs on the leg guards (and the ones that extend from his shoulders) won't reach their respective holes. I tried positioning the fists both ways, but it's almost the same. After watching some videos I'm wondering if it's a QC issue. (for example when I try close or open the two halves of the white cab, they make a nasty CLICK sound, but nothing is broken).

Attached Files:

7. Hal Primus

Hal Primus Well-Known Member

@Ghostimus
    The rear of the truck is correctly placed. The problem is therefore in the torso, but I do not see on your pics what causes the too wide spacing.
    For comparison, here are mines in the same position as yours, if it can help you:

IMG_20210313_162539.jpg

IMG_20210313_162915.jpg

Maybe: if the gray knuckles are on the white spurs, it can slightly hinder the transformation?
    Here is my alignment:

IMG_20210313_162839.jpg

IMG_20210313_163138.jpg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    doesn't look like you have the fists in position properly. fold up all the fingers and completely square off the fists.

also getting in those final two tabs in i found to be fickle because of torso having a really tight ab crunch combined with the left and right tilt that you can rock side to side. but using that rocker, try to get one side in first and then gently work the legs to compress it and rock it back the other way to get the other tab in.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ghostimus

Welp, couldn't do it. I'll try again later, but at least this last time I got the ramps from his shoulders to connect, and with all the guns attached and everything, it rolls and looks great! Those final tabs don't seem that off anymore.

Really appreciate the help @TIKnTIN and @Hal Primus

• Like Like x 3
  10. karpomatic

karpomatic Fansproject Fanatic

I ordered back in November and still nothing. They've got him up for pre-order again. Last time I checked it said the pre-order was sold out.

11. Rath

Rath Well-Known Member

Same. They JUST NOW got IF Bludgeon in, so I moved all the rest of my pending pre-orders except for things that were sold out everywhere else (like this guy) somewhere else.

12. karpomatic

karpomatic Fansproject Fanatic

I had my pre-orders at TFSource but moved them as I hate their customer service. They suck ass. Never had an issue with BBTS but this is taking forever. I emailed them and the response was basically, "It will get here when it gets here."

13. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Anyone else want to share what mini dudes you use in his shoulders turrets?

BB803864-8615-4032-92A2-4329B9A6B60B.jpeg FBEEEBE7-4775-4516-BB55-2ABBB881500B.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  14. Lightningsonic

Lightningsonic Well-Known Member

Maybe try use a diaclone pilot figure for this. MFT have make KO and inspired toyline from diaclone. There are hug set but also small set that cost around 20$ (i could get them over here at 15$), so it is not harm to try a set even if you just need the mini figure.
    They have a bunch of interesting design, price is quite cheap. Really look cool. I also plan to try some of this toy soon. As long as i make sure i can get the hand on all of the new Bandai 's Gaoranger high target Shokugan first.Before that, this need to wait.
    [​IMG]

They also make a mini Omega surprime if you need a character familiar with.
    or a Huge one. The huge one scale well with Legend scale so it can fit in your Iron factory collection
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ghostimus

I was really hoping we can utilize IF's upcoming minicons (beach comber and gang), but I guess they might be too big.

16. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

I recently finished fully panel lining this guy:

016 (1).JPG
    017 (1).JPG

Comparison with my custom detailed Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus
    018 (1).JPG

Minimus Ambus comparison
    019 (1).JPG

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
  17. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

You can't say "Incoming" for over two weeks. False hope man.

18. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well kind of hard to predict arrivals when the port at Long Beach looks like the 101 in LA during rush hour.

19. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

Psssh, my shop is in China so we're not dealing with those delays yet. But thank you for putting me in my place.

20. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wasn't trying to offend. Right now, besides back-ups in ports such as Long Beach, there is also a shipping container shortage (lots of lower traffic routes had a surge in demand due to PPE deliveries, and are now sitting in ports to be picked up while shipping companies are focusing on higher value routes and charging more for it). Did not know you ordered from China.

• Like Like x 1