Iron Factory IF-EX36 The Tyrant

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TM2 Dinobot, Jan 21, 2019.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    The only legit reason I can think of is that some people had no money back then and IF never reissues stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  2. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    If my well informed speculation prove out, the MS Op will be a half head or less taller, so it should look pretty good. We shall see, though.

He's been scarce for like at least nine months now, and Magic Square (and attempts to compete with them) had supercharged interest in Legends... and Iron Factory's 2019 showings have set it all on FIYAAAAAAAAA.

Not everybody got wise with Manacle and Turrets like I did.

Hell, I have three, one to display in each mode (I have EDS so it hurts to use my fingers too much, a cruel fate for a Transformers fan) and I want another.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory

News Credits:
    I know that feel. Dumped my CHUG collection once the Tactical Staff had been announced. At that point I knew IF was serious and I risked it on them. Always glad I did.

• Like Like x 8
  4. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have the same feeling as well. even though i dont really like MS i still have my eye on him as a stand in prime for this megs as well. that is until IF does the earth alt ultimate prime.

but that is only if he has clear chest windows and not the molded red section like the prototype. if he doesn't have that i am out.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ozymandias13

Ozymandias13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Were Iron Factory anywhere near their current reputation for bitchin' shit when they put WWI Oppy out? Add in the desire for the Arcee pack-in and it's kinda laughable to think everyone that could want him would have him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lilcarus

News Credits:
    IF has pretty much always been the king of the legends game. after all they basically reinvented it. they have had a killer rep as soon as the tape deck bots and their minions dropped. that proved they weren't a flash in the pan company. then war giant put them on everyone's radar as serious players in the legends/3rd party game.

now they just keep backing up their bad ass rep.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory

News Credits:
    And here’s to many more years.

• Like Like x 7
  8. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

For me I never considered Legends class, but once I saw IF's Ruination the Legends bug bit me.
    The first prime IF released looks lackluster to me. Not their best release paint app wise for me.
    I actually wouldn't want that dated mold but do like the design, I would prefer if IF is doing what they are doing with Ultra Magnus by going with a different design.
    If I don't get a new IF Prime its OK I have way too many Primes as is, just not a legends class prime.
    The great thing about these IF pieces is that you can display them almost anywhere.
    I also like the fact that IF doesn't rerelease products as well, and hope they stay that way.
    It makes me really ponder if I want a figure or not, and helps me reprioritize my collection.
    I'm considering dropping MMC as I have most of the characters I want from them only want a Dai Atlas, Star Saber, and that Rick Akker Fort Max from them at this point, and am leaning towards dropping Maketoys as their quality declines, and my MP collection I am only really waiting on the FT combiners to be complete. I thought I would be done with my TF collecting, but we all know it never stops, and I am now on the IF train. I have a stop in mind with IF, but with every product getting better for IF, I fear this ride may never stop.

Plus the Legends class stuff is always just way more fun overall too play with too.
    Took me a while to remember that my favorite TF toys to play with were the micromasters which are relatively close to size of these Legends scale figures.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JoeBot

JoeBot Well-Known Member

Just wait until you start selling the big guys off to pay for more legends....trust me, it will probably happen...;) 

• Like Like x 6
  10. BluesLightPainting

BluesLightPainting Well-Known Member

This guy arrived in the mail today and he is goooorgeous.
    I was all set to do a Legends+ collection with MFT Megs and either HS/MS Prime as my main bots, but now I may be seriously rethinking keeping it at Legends and mostly the Iron Factory IDW style...

• Like Like x 6
  11. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

I got into Legends late too, never paid attention until IF Starscream. Fortunately that was still early enough that I've been able to get almost all their back catalog except for the Datsuns and Sixshot. So I feel people who came to the party even later and can't find some of those "older" figures. Not everyone is keyed into everything that's out there, and sometimes it takes the right combination of circumstances to trigger interest. It would be nice if IF would eventually do some re-issues to satisfy a demand that will probably only increase as they continue to grow. I can appreciate what Magic Square is doing and I plan on picking up some of New Age's stuff, but my interest in Legends pretty much starts and ends with Iron Factory.

This guy should be waiting for me at home tonight, pretty excited. My daughters just started watching the G1 toon with me earlier this week and to my surprise they've been very into it. They're going to be excited to have a little Megatron to mess around with. During the show I've been letting them zoom my IF Jazz and Sideswipe around, which they love. Makes me think I'll buy an extra when Mirage hits so that they have one they can use to play without me being too uptight about it being rolled into the baseboards repeatedly or sent on a scouting mission to underneath my refrigerator (missions IF Jazz thankfully returned from unscathed).

• Like Like x 5
  12. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

SMDH you must be a psychic because thats already something I'm looking into. Not yet due to funds but because a lot of my big buys are starting to look ugly after messing with IF legends.

• Like Like x 3
  13. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I like their prime, (really like it) but it wasn’t even on par with their other releases when it was released. The plastic and tolerances were all below their previous standards. Putting him next to their Megatron makes the difference even more clear, as the Megatron is on another level.

I still love the way he looks and the godbomber pack is still super cool, but a new one that fits the current releases better would be nice.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

Really love the IDW head sculpt on this guy. Hopefully I\'ll be able to get him sooner or later.

15. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory

News Credits:
    I have the old Prime and would still be down for a rerelease akin to Megs here. I’m glad that I’ll be replacing Magnus later this year.

• Like Like x 2
  16. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    I guess no one has seen this untill now?? It's in Mandarin though...

After getting Dubhe, this one's next on my list. :D 

Edit: Here's Deluxe Baldwin's as well.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    I wonder when BBTS will get him in stock. I'm pre-ordered with them so that I could ship it out with Cygnus.

18. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Broke down and ordered on eBay today. CNY will make for a long wait. LOL.

19. lilcarus

News Credits:
    why didn't you just buy him here in the states? is 4 dollars really that important.

20. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Netclow had it for $50 shipping included. Didn’t see anyone in the US with a similar price. The ones I did see were over $60 with shipping on top of that. I can wait. I don’t have to have it yesterday. It’s enough I got the last two Zeta Aerialbots from US sellers because I didn’t want to wait.

• Like Like x 3