Iron Factory IF EX-42 Heat Death

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dinotrap, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Mick h

Mick h Fiery red head tfer

News Credits:
    Iron Factory IF-EX43 Heat Death

If u r interested. Its a website in germany fyi.

2. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic Well-Known Member

Heat Death has am issue with his hips crumbling to dust. Absolute Zero hasn't had any reports of that issue AFAIK. So, AZ will probably last longer.

3. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    exact same aside from colours, unless you source yourself the convention exclusive with the alt head for absolute zero. shelf presence wise, aside from the wings, the dark blue on absolute zero hides the dragon sculpted details unless in very well-lit lighting condition, while heat death you can make out and appreciate the details much better.

• Like Like x 1
  4. uggabugg

uggabugg Active Member

my heat death needs a hip replacement. does anyone know where to order a new one? i bought him of ebay last year

• Like Like x 1
  5. thepalehunter

thepalehunter Only Crom can judge me

Sorry to hear that. Mine recently broke as well; I purchased it on chosen prime who contacted IF to get a replacement. Still don't know if IF will be able to supply said replacement, but if you contact them directly (assuming you can't go through your ebay seller) you may have some luck.

6. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

The heatdeath hip curse strikes again, twice now...

7. Littletree666

Littletree666 Well-Known Member

I bought mine from showz a while ago and they where able to get me replacement hips. Took a while though. Also it was just the hip, not the whole leg so I still have to figure out how to get the old hip off at the mushroom peg to put the new hip on

• Like Like x 1
  8. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    :(  damn… my luck ran out. my first of this mold has succumbed. i only noticed it because i was posing it along side the JinBao KO last week to get some comparison photos. the left leg felt looser than the other. upon inspection i noticed a hairline crack. i pulled the leg off the ball joint and it's definitely compromised but hasn't completely failed as i was able to pop it back on and it still holds though loose. i think there might be a crack forming on the right hip as well but i can't be sure as it's still tight, so i don't want to pull it off just in case. i've sent a request for replacement hip and asked if it was possible to get both.

checked my 2nd heatdeath and my absolute zero and they are both fine. *knock on wood*

9. autobot prowl

Shame, this was a really great looking figure. After mine crumbled and took nearly 6 months to get the piece replaced I don't dare touch it. Also replacing the piece takes a significant amount of force to pop it back on. Mine was never transformed, just displayed and still crumbled. Sounds like it is just a matter of time for several who "lucked out."

10. gtew234

gtew234 Well-Known Member

Thankfully there doesn't seem to be any reports of breakages for Absolute Zero, but I wonder if it's also just a matter of time? When did Heat Death start coming out vs when Absolute Zero came out?

11. autobot prowl

I think the issue was fixed by the time Zero came out. Heatdeath came out while the lock down was going on. I bet some of the parts were left out in abandoned factories for months in heat and stuff and just dried out a bit.

12. thepalehunter

thepalehunter Only Crom can judge me

I never transformed my heat death either. One day his leg was really loose when I moved him for dusting, and a few days later when I decided to do something about that loose leg the hip fractured in half. I wonder if a 2nd heat death would have a better chance of survival. No sign of decay on Absolute Zero yet.

13. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    the HeatDeath that formed the crack is from the initial first batch released. my 2nd copy was a later batch that i had to wait maybe a month or so later to get. from inspection, it and my abs zero seems to have better looking hip ball socket cups, while the cracked one looks to different with a few noticeable flaws to the plastic finish. fingers crossed my 2nd copy and abs zero are better and don't form issues in the future. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  14. autobot prowl

Yeah I got one hip replaced in the beginning. I'm scared to touch mine for fear the other might crumble.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    if you got replacement(s) and managed to put the socket back in without any hairline cracks forming or stress marks, i would think you'd be good if you add little lube afterwards. i think it might have been bad parts with defects that got stressed and breakage when installed during assembly. once on and no issues, i think you would be good. at least that's my thinking and hope that's the case with my remaining two issue free figures, and if/when i get replacement parts for the one bad one.

16. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Sooo are my chances better getting Absolute Zero from TCP or Heat Death? Didn’t realize this issue was so pervasive. Dang shame, the mold looks so cool

17. autobot prowl

Yeah I'm sure the replaced hip is fine. It's the other one that I worry about. As far as luring the joints, I lubed them when I first got the figure and it still crumbled.

18. LeoJ

LeoJ Well-Known Member

Absolute zero since all batches are good (although you may have to rearrange his shoulder on some copies)

19. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    well i meant lubing the joints that don't already have any flaws in it in the hopes that an issue doesn't creep up. :p  and if there are already some potential defect or undetected hairline cracks, hopefully it reduces the chance it become worse after time with stress. but honestly, it's unfortunately just the luck of the draw. i still think the hip socket joint issue isn't a rampant issue, just sucks that it's a potential ticking time bomb with an unknown factor of why it happens, so there's no way of checking if the problem exists before hand. :( 

20. uggabugg

uggabugg Active Member

ugh i just comfirmed that the hip replacement has been sent, when the other hip crumbles. im so frustrated! guess i have to order the second one aswell :(