Iron Factory EX03 SonicTech, Rhino Bass, and Leo Treble

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TacticalBacon, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Personally, I love the quality of these, feels very strong. I don't have fear of braking them, but I am still careful with all my toys, especially the chrome parts on the rhino. Fun to play, nice paint app, easy transformation, very good for it's size, I personally dig them a lot. Also, they don't take much room, as it's legend size. But, at this size, you wont get that full transformation satisfaction that you would on a delux or even more on a voyager size figure (also, less articulation at this size, but I consider the articulation excellent for legends size).

3. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I figured I'd mention TCP said on their blog they did indeed come in today and he is working on getting pre-orders mailed out. If it didn't get out today I expect it will tomorrow.

4. Stratos

Stratos Well-Known Member

My CC was charged today for not-Blaster! w00t!

5. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Got this set today.

I'll try to arrange photos at some point but I'm very mixed on it.

Now this could be simply because my hands on time isn't extensive so I may have different thoughts in a few days.

Right now the set looks awesome, Blaster looks great especially even if the vehicle mode is a nondescript thing.

My issues come with the companions on two counts. Firstly they don't seem to have the same assembly quality as IF's previous legends offering that I picked up.

Next the Rhino's head is assembled incorrectly and looks to have some plastic breakage in the box. Again this could be a crazy case of the way it is supposed to be, I'm in the process of getting answers.

Visually they look great, the chair gimmick is smart.

6. Stratos

Stratos Well-Known Member

I received this set yesterday (finally). Haven't had a lot of hands on play time with it yet but I'm loving what I see so far.

7. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

And not a single decent Legions/Legends/Cyberverse comparison.

8. mjdvm2013

mjdvm2013 Well-Known Member

Ok so TFsource is out of stock with this. BBTS says its on preorder. Anyone know the likelihood of TFS getting Sonictech back in stock? Or where it is available from now? Thanks

Also debating on getting the blue version. If it had two different "cassettes" then it would be a no brainer.

EDIT: Found them both on TCP. And got them both, looked too good to pass up. Hope we get other cassettes for them.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  9. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Powerglide good enough? Sorry for the LQ nature of the pic.

[​IMG]

Well we will at least get Ravage and Laserbeak with Soundwave. That is better then nothing, but more would be better.

10. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So between this and Turrets and Manicle which one would you recomend? What the difference between the weapon colors from both? One is smokey translucent and the other matte?

11. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    ^Between this set and Turrets/Manacle, I personally prefer Turret and Manicle. Manacle is the one that seems to be the most "transformer", and looks really good in both modes for it's size. He is beefy. Sixgun is nice too, but Manacle is most stable to stand and pose (wider a stance), is more beefy, and just feels the strongest to hold out of all the ones in these 2 sets.

I would recommend maybe start with Sixgun / Manacle first (or maybe Windblade), then get this set. I love this set too by the way, but that is how I would recommend starting, as this set feels less convincing alt mode wise than the other.

12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I'd agree. Of the ones released Manacle is, so far, my favorite Iron Factory toy overall. The others are great but their transformations aren't as fun and their alt modes are a bit bleh. Blaster is my favorite when just looking at bot modes though.

13. mattski

mattski Well-Known Member

sorry for the necropost, but i just picked up my Sonictech and the right-leg mushroom peg just sheared off in my hands. Super sad, since this little dude has been a mainstay of my "deskbots" the past couple of years. I'll email my vendor to see if replacement parts are available, but in the meantime does anyone have any ideas on how i might be able to fix this? I'm wary of superglue-type remedies since this part will be under rotational stress since it's the thigh swivel and all...

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the vendor doesn't pan out, try contacting Iron Factory directly over Facebook. That's what I did when my Hanzo's shoulder joint sheared off and they sent me an entire replacement torso. This is a much older release, though, so I'm not sure if they'd still have extra parts lying around anymore. Probably worth a shot, at least.