Iron Factory EX-58 Hometown Watcher - Huffer

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Grievlocke, Dec 19, 2020.

1. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Ah, maybe. I just figured that the Vaseline comment was just a joke, and not necessarily referencing anything in the video.

But, yeah, using sensual lubricant on your figures is probably not going to help the joints as a silicon based lube, and, considering the uncertainty about lead in paint, using 3PTFs for personal gratification is probably unwise, too. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Enemy

Enemy Just hoping everything works out soon.

But how else can I say I've got a friend in me?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Plus, legends toys are a bit too small for that kind of usage :p 

Anyway, mine is in transit, love the design, Huffer is one I always liked for personality and alt mode but always hated his head design, now this one is perfect!

• Like Like x 2
  4. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    just lovely… really digging all the recent IF minibots. might double dip and get a second one just like i have with beachcomber and seaspray. :p 

PXL_20221118_173655342.jpg

PXL_20221118_181520206.jpg

PXL_20221118_200243502.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  5. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    Really loving all the pictures of this guy but does it bug anybody else that the parts that slide over the fists in alt mode don't actually hide the fists in alt mode?

• Like Like x 1
  6. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the fists themselves are supposed to be turned around, hiding the fingers, to create a more solid smoke stack effect, see pics on the first page.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    yes, i played with turning the fists around after i took the photo and it helps… a little. but what they really should have done is make the sleeve wrap around completely, instead of just half way round… OR made the half sleeve be able to cover the outside or front in alt mode, and have the fists exposed inwards or back.

8. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if the forearms could be switched left for right?

9. TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    i was just looking at that and it looks like you can disassemble the form-arms by taking out a screw and i think you can swap between them. however if you do that, it won't conform to the panel cut outs for the arms on the roof line as it's grooved for the shape of the sleeve piece, if that matters to you. dunno if it's worth the trouble though. i think the hand concealment on this is better than most of the recent IF bots. another alternative is to bring the arms down and face it back so the hands aren't so obviously seen and it looks like some jet propulsion pack going on. :D 

you'd think we'd all have gotten use to IF exposed hands by now in alt mode considering it's pretty much a given with most of their recent bots. it's like IF is trying to wear us down and make us accept we just have to pop off the hands to have a cleaner alt mode. but yet here we are still grumbling about it. :p 

PXL_20221119_005646758-01.jpeg

PXL_20221119_005704084-01.jpeg

PXL_20221119_010451332-01.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  10. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since the fists pop off anyway, maybe someone could 3DP a filler to attach in alt mode for smooth stacks.

11. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well in some cases the exposed hands are more forgiving than in others, if everything else on this wasn´t so cool I would pass on it because of that.

I mean between lazy transformations/bad alt modes and samurai characters which shouldn´t be samurai IF who used to me my top 3rd party for legends fell to third - I do prefer modernized bots than straight G1 stuff, but engineering is also important to me and I only go samurai with characters who have some comic or animation representation as such like Lockdown and animated Prowl - Cyclonus though I sold it to get the idw Newage one which has an actual alt mode :p 

That being said still excited for this guy and I doo like the booster idea, kinda work like gas tanks as well.

12. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

It is a shame about the fists. It does seem like very lazy design. With many other characters, that might be enough to make me turn it down. But this is Huffer, and the overall design is very good, so I’ll tolerate the fists.

Didn’t IF include a toy homage head worth Beachcomber? I really wish they do that with Huffer as well.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    The fists don’t bother me in the slightest for a figure this size. A toy head alternative would have been nice (I normally beg for them, and my IF BC is wearing it) but the face they’ve sculpted for this Huffer is too pretty to warrant any gripes from me.

14. theosteve

The Huffer toy has a particularly special place in my heart. I’d prefer all the minibots to have their toy heads, but this guy especially. But Yeah, this is one of the better Huffer heads, much better than the usually derpy ones, so I can live with it.

(oddly, while I with this had a toy head alternative, I’m fine with fists instead of the claws, or whatever those were on the toy. ;) )

• Like Like x 3
  15. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Huffer is one of my all-time favorites as well, and was one of my most-played-with TFs when I was a kid. Most of the chrome has worn off of the arms/stacks on mine.

As I said, I generally prefer toy-style heads on all of my figures (legends and MP alike), and I would love it if they had offered one in this case, but it’s a damn good sculpt as it is.

• Like Like x 3
  16. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Well. Mine came today. He's a great little guy. I don't like the sliders o. The arms don't click into place. At least I can't get mine to so they move with every touch in truck mode.

The way the ankles and feet spin and flip and flip is great. Bot mode is like most IF things were everything feels limited and clunky.

I have every COE version of this guy. Just need a Newage and maybe a Hasbro MP to get me to consider him completely collected.

17. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with the arms not really locking into place in vehicle mode, the sliders not really locking into place on the arms, and the hands being so completely and blatantly visible.

It was suggested earlier in the thread that you could turn the fists to at least face the fingers inwards, and I definitely wasn't able to do it (at least, not without feeling like I was gonna scrape the sliders on the fingers, or like I'd pop the hands off). It's very irritating because there's really no reason they couldn't have added another piece to cover up those fists. Or heck, just put another swivel between the forearm and elbow so the elbows could bend to get the arms into position and then the swivel could turn to rotate the forearms (and the fists) inside towards each other. Either IF felt these measures were not cost-effective (which, I mean, I'd have paid another couple of dollars for a better solution), or they preferred this specific look (which doesn't make sense to me), or they just don't care (that seems likeliest to me, given they did the same on Beachcomber and Seaspray).

• Like Like x 2
  18. theosteve

he arrived this morning, another pleasantly speedy delivery from @ShowZStore. But I think I’m going to send him back. He’s already complaining about his assignment and moaning about conditions here.

D1BD85F4-73EB-4987-B927-207C01912D9B.jpeg

Seriously, though, I love it. I wish the hands were better hid in alt mode, and I wish the cab was a little more compact in robot mode. But the design looks great otherwise, with a nice face sculpt. I love having another good representation of my favorite character.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fantastic shot. Tons of character on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Enemy

Enemy Just hoping everything works out soon.

Huffer was among my mail today, too!
    20221129_135832_HDR.jpg 20221129_140005_HDR.jpg 20221129_140631_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 9