Iron Factory IF-EX31-35 Spirits of the DEC (DJD)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by eceiev, Oct 28, 2017.

1. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that is still BS i am not trying to be a dick or anything but. your seller should just send you a part or new bot no matter what. that is what all the good ones do.

but at the end of the day it is whatever and if that makes you happy then i am happy for you.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's probably more of a case-by-case thing, depending on the parts replacement policy of the vendor.

Stripping an existing figure for parts is likely more common with official figures, since the profit margins are so high that a few sacrificed figures are just acceptable losses. Plus the manufacturers aren't likely to offer replacement parts except in the case of a significant recall.

Most 3Ps probably do have after-market care though in some form, because they don't really have any leeway to tell the retailers to "deal with it".

3. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Doesn't make me happy at all. The shoulder won't take any repairs I've tried making, Iron Factory hasn't responded to either email I sent a couple weeks ago, nor on Facebook. I'm lucky the shoulder isn't integral to tank or Tarnation modes, which I've used mostly, but he is fucked for a robot mode without his arm and $40 for such a small piece to be repaired feels absurd to me. I get that its my mistake I'm paying for, not theirs, but paying that much feels insane.

4. lilcarus

News Credits:
    just sit back and wait then. Iron Factory will respond back with an email and a random Facebook message and they will send you the parts or the whole torso most likely.

i havent even messed with mine since i got them i just fiddle with them and set them off onto a pile. but i will take a look later tonight to see if you might have any temporary solutions.

5. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Is this time frame normal for them? Again, I'm not trying to come off as entitled or impatient, I just don't know, I'm new to this part of collecting. Thank you for your help though.

6. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I messaged IF on Facebook about a replacement part once a few months back and never got a response. Maybe send them a few messages.

7. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Never order from TFSource.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Where from then?

9. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Showz is the best I’ve seen about replacement parts. They get them directly and then mail them to you for free, they don’t even wait to include them with your next order.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Places wait for the next order? Really? That's shitty..

• Like Like x 2
  11. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    My Merak is on the way from Baba. I am stoked. Hopefully I get this next week, and it will be a great close to Thanksgiving.

12. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    This is fucked up. I bought Maketoys Divine Shooter from TFSource and a hinge broke on the first transformation. I contacted TFSource and they emailed me a return label so I could exchange the broken one for a new one. The only thing it cost me is time. Not sure why they would charge you for replacements parts but not charge me for a replacement figure. As others have said, I would avoid them in the future if that's how they're going to handle replacements.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    I'll keep that in mind. I only have a hundred or so Source Points on my account, are those worth spending before leaving or what? Still not sure what they do

14. lilcarus

News Credits:
    ^^^that.

but if you are like me and want to get these super niche minibots bots stateside and super fast. buy from Eddie @ToyDojo they are the best around trust me. i have used them all and none are remotely close here in the states.

Toydojo ships extremely fast and they actually care about their customers after the sale. they would never leave you hanging if an issue were to ever come up. ​

• Like Like x 1
  15. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    I think so many source points can be redeemed for a discount, but you can't redeem them until you have enough to get a $5 discount and I don't think they ever tell you how many points that takes (and I think it's a lot). I've only ever ordered from them a couple times so I've never had very many source points.

16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    from my experience, the chosen prime have been incredible about fixing broken parts or getting replacement pieces. Its why I buy so much from them these days, I feel like they have my back.

ive had good experiences from BBTS as well

17. Evirdrevo

Evirdrevo Well-Known Member

From my experience (at least 2 QA concerns specific to Iron Factory figures), The Chosen Prime took several months to acquire the new parts for me. They were ultimately added to my next order shipment as it was appropriate, but I am fairly certain they would have charged me to send them out separately.

It's good to hear that Show.Z will ship out replacement parts ASAP and for free; I have yet to have a QA concern with anything they've sent me. Along with their significantly better prices (in addition to free shipping without silly $150 order requirements), I think I'm more likely to use them over US retailers for smaller figures/orders, even if it means waiting a few more days.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just ordered Tesaurus from Baba’s direct site. Can’t wait to finish the set!

19. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    20191121_133450.jpg
    I'll get comparison pics up a little later today, feels great to be done with this set

• Like Like x 9
  20. fttproductions

fttproductions Well-Known Member

use the 5mm ports on Tarns forearms
    [​IMG]
    to get the tummy arms
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10