iron factory DJD

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by eceiev, Oct 28, 2017.

1. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I told my seller to ship Kaon, Vos and Helex together with Tesarus. Now I gotta wait until next month to play with them

2. Kaynowa

Kaynowa Will defend even Armada Side Swipe

At least next month is as early as Friday

3. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    yup

4. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    oh snap mid Nov for the last piece of Tarnation and SoC Vehicle Voltron talk about early christmas

5. Mick h

Mick h Fiery red head tfer

Their weibo translated into something like "in the 1st 10 days in November."

6. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    Now that I have 4 of the 5 figures for the combined form and after seeing the latest pictures of the combined form

[​IMG]

I get this feeling of The Centurions

[​IMG]

With the lack of legend combiners there is a part of me that is growing that wants to display the combined form. But I also want the team as individual figures like I know them from MTMTE. Hope IF brings out a packages set that is a little cheaper than buying the figures seperate so I can have the figures seperate and a combined form.

Or, and that would be better, let the 3P legend game bring out a few new combiners so I don't have to go for this one.

Edit: added picture of Tarnation, borrowed from @Cheem The Rup a few post back

• Like Like x 8
  7. Ozymandias13

Ozymandias13 Well-Known Member

If they do a box set I hope they recolor them so the Combiner is more 'cohesive'.

• Like Like x 2
  8. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea, and when DX9 finally gets their Menasor out, I hope they also do a box set with a more cohesive color scheme.

For reals, while I think a unified color DJD could be cool, I don't see why people demand it so much for this set and not other combiners that are a rainbow of colors.

If you want a large Tarn that looks like Tarn, get the MMC one. If you want a small Tarn that looks like Tarn, get the Iron Factory one. If you want a DJD team that turns into a combiner, get the whole IF set.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

This.

All of this.

Personally? I find the combined mode stupid as hell. The individual figures are awesome tho!

And I already have a amazing voyager sized Tarn from MMC :) 

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Got Tarn at TFcon and he has a broke shoulder out of box. Saw that the Kaon and Vos come with replacements. I might as well finish the DJD. I won’t keep them combined. Besides the droopy arm Tarn is a great figure.

11. Kaynowa

Options. MMC's Tarn is very different than Tarnation. The combiner has only very passing similaries, to Tarn, with a lot of details being very different, namely everything from Helex and Tesarus. I personally like the mishmash we have but I understand the appeal

12. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea, but the details aren't what people complain about for the combiner, just the colors of the parts not matching.

Which I find funny, because that is not new to Transformers Combiners. Some match, some don't. Not sure why it's an issue now.

13. Kaynowa

I brought the details up to distinguish between Tarnation and Kultur, and why those two aren't interchangeable. I know the details aren't everyone's issues.

I think that issue is with how they combine. It isn't related to one color per limb, you have a tan torso, blue extremities, purple chest, again I get the complaint, I just think the colors work better than they do. All that black throughout helps.

14. thepalehunter

thepalehunter beloved child of primus

I don't *need* a repaint but as long as we're fantasizing a black repaint box-set of the DJD would be rad.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    I think we accept the mismatch in some combiners because till the character was introduced we didn't have a vision of how it should look. Tarnation is based on Tarn and Tarn has a specific color so with any representation of the character we want that look.

Don't expect IF to do a total black/purple DJD. They do repaints but it is always based on an excisting character with the great Transformers lore. But with this being a made up figure of IF, even if it is the wetdream of Tarn, maybe they are changing their MO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. redrum2581

Ebay:
    I prefer the more uniform combiners, I have begged for an Autobot repaint/remold of Meansor into Masquerade, I've wanted a desert real world Bruticus repaint. My fav combiners right now are Devy(all of them lol), Nero Rex, Poseidon (green on top, burgundy blue on the bottom) and any dinobot combiner with red swoop or blue swoop and blue slag(that's what I got for TW). I love color coordinated combiners, and hope we get a repaint of a cohesive DEC team idc if it's based on Tarn or whatever

17. Kaynowa

Ruination (RID) - Transformers Wiki

18. redrum2581

Ebay:
    No no hell no, real world desert camo on vehicles is actually one solid color
    [​IMG]
    Grant it that's Warbatron HET instead of the normal 915 and 40ft trailer with guns, but we dont put a mixture of colors on desert camo, just a tan real world mix into the desert look

19. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    Set also works great for the MMC set. If you are collecting both, then bonus.

20. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Helex showed up today (weeks after the original expected delivery date) and I’m not sure I’ll be using netclow again.

Paid extra for fast shipping and it took a month to get here. And worse the box is absolutely beat to shit. I haven’t opened it yet to see the figures condition, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s broken.

Fingers crossed that’s it’s ok. I’m stupid excited to get all these guys together. (still waiting for chosen prime to put the vos and Kaon in the mail which has surprisingly taken more than a week as well considering they usually get things shipped out quickly. maybe they forgot?)

Edit: it’s safe the figure is fine, packaging was smashed, but the figure is great. Only have one issue and that’s the fact that they used the wrong piece on one of the arms so the hand sits at a weird angle.

B4FC73A6-97A0-4351-B697-E5BAD7D40874.jpeg
    I love this thing. Really, really great figure. I had to lube up the elbows, thigh swivels, and knees, but now they’re buttery smooth.

Can’t wait to finish this team and I’m really looking forward to handling more figures from this at this size; like that Magnus, Primal, and if I’m allowed to dream... a lugnut.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2