iron factory DJD

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by eceiev, Oct 28, 2017.

1. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She's gonna fry!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
  2. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    Did someone say scorpion mode?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scorpion mode.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 20
  3. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Just arrived from TCP. I LOVE the fact that it’s only ever a day to get to me. Also these little guys are fantasmic.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    Nice Pet!

IF should make a Pet to go along with the D.J.D. just like MMC did. And while they are add it it they can make a Ravage to go aling with Megatron. And lets not forget Bob and D.O.C. Yes, I'm greedy, sue me!

I miss a little 6 legged gun toting little droid...o yeah thats MMC.

Still nice you pulled it off.

• Like Like x 3
  5. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    And his sword mode is the perfect size for Tarn to hold. Looks really great, especially with the woosh effect.

No pic right now, but I made a small adjustment. Position the forearms up and rotate the fists so the red part faces up and they grasp the pegs from the leg rest. It's not a snug fit, but it gives them something to do.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Can his arms be fashioned into a tail?

I’m slowly inching toward these guys. Already have Tarn so I think it’s inevitable...

• Like Like x 2
  7. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

Vos and Kaon are still at the regional destination facility but I want them in my hands right nowww

• Like Like x 1
  8. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say so. I use the electrode helmet part as the tail. It's not very long, but I envision it as just a lightning cannon rather than a stinger.

• Like Like x 1
  9. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    "Come. Have a seat."
    IMG_1926_edited.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

Kaon and Vos got here today and they are wonderful. The combiner bust is actually way cooler than I thought it would be although I can't get the guns to sit flush with the back. The unmasked headsculpt is extraordinary, and I love the symbolism in having the DJD's (former) idol be the one represented behind the mask of their gestalt form. The painted thrusters on the bottom of the combiner feet are so fucking cool, and man I am more excited than I thought I would be for DJD Requiem.
    Might have to get Tyrant now as well...
    Also, would any of the carbots fit in Kaon's chair mode?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mad Prime

News Credits:
    If the Iron Factory do not fit, try the Newage ones. Bumblebee fita, seen a picture here somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  12. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Anything bigger than IF Arcee probably won't fit. It's basically exactly her size. Even so, you need to partially transform her by closing her alt-mode shell so that the claws can wrap around her.

• Like Like x 3
  13. The Collector

The Collector Never Reads Instructions

Instagram:
    Just got these guys in the mail. Time to free them from their plastic/paper prison...

IMG_0578.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  14. Havokdogg

Havokdogg Well-Known Member

I would love if they made a Jinbao size combiner of these guys.

• Like Like x 1
  15. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    I went through and figured out how to combine Dubhe/Tarn to the bust.

We start with the following pieces: The bust, Dubhe in core mode, and his cannons:

[​IMG]

Now we're going to flip out a few things:

1. There is a module on the bottom of the back of the bust that will rotate down.
    2. Rotate out Dubhe's treads slightly, not even 45 degrees.
    3. Bend cannons in half and set aside.

[​IMG]

Find the hexagonal holes on the thin plates on the back of the bust.

[​IMG]

Dubhe's upper thighs will go between these plates and the treads will end up on the outside of them. The same pegs that connect Dubhe's treads to his legs in tank mode will peg into these holes. I find it helpful to slide the bottom part of the core in first before angling the top of it into place.

[​IMG]

Once everything is in place, squeeze Dubhe's treads so that they peg into the holes. His legs between the plates will provide support so nothing bends or snaps.

[​IMG]

As you can see, that module needs to flip out to make room for Dubhe's chest and head. Once the core is attached, flip the module back up to cover Dubhe's head

[​IMG]

This will provide room for the bust to plug into Merak who forms the bottom of the torso. There are tabs on Dubhe's shoulders that match slots in his module to connect it securely.

Finally, plug Dubhe's cannons on to the pegs on the bust's shoulders.

[​IMG]

I've also gone ahead and removed the module from the bust that the faceplate connects to. This needs to be removed to make room for part of Alkaid to form the rest of the chest. I'm not sure if this gets used anywhere else in the combined mode or not.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  16. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Nifty. Was wondering if their was an inbetween piece but I guess Dub and the current torso chunk are all that's needed for the upper body portion.

Yeah I think that black panel is just temporary for the bust mode and won't be needed for the actual combiner.

• Like Like x 1
  17. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    Well, and part of Alkaid... and I think other various kibble and whatnot will plug into the various holes on Dubhe.

Just so it's no surprise to anyone, This combiner is parts-former supreme. If you don't like Omega Supreme... If you don't like breaking a couple bots down into several pieces to recombine differently, I'm afraid you won't much care for this set.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mad Prime

News Credits:
    Don't mind partsformers if done well. The longer I look at this combiner, the less the combined form interest me. When all are in it will be combined to see how it is done and see the figure but the D.J.D. will be displayed as the murderous unit they are not a combiner. To scratch the combiner itch War Giant is at the moment enough. War Giant Catastrophe is still out there, Menasor from Magic Square may one day show up, that will keep me warm for now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Oh I called that eons ago when we saw the prototype. You could tell their Helex especially was going to need to be ripped apart in to bits haha. I don't see how they could make a DJD combiner work any other way given the nature of the character designs. Their alt modes especially, no solid simple vehicles with these guys, everyone's a weirdly shaped thing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    I think whats really cool is how they managed to keep the integrity of the individual bots for those not interested in combining. You'd never know they combined unless someone showed it to you.

Also, I have a suspicion that we might see a repaint of this set down the line with a unified color scheme. IF loves its repaints and it seems like a logical thing to do for this... Since there aren't any alternate colors in existing fiction, I can totally see them releasing a box set with a unified color scheme.

Oh for sure, it was obvious to most of us... but you just KNOW there's some people out there who, despite everything we've seen so far, are going to see some review videos of the last two figures and start bitching about the parts-forming.

• Like Like x 2