Iron Factory Blazedash (Sideswipe) and Boltrunner (Sunstreaker)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Potchez, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be with y'all, but these are LAMBROS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's how it works:
    If you devalue a product you're not buying you get to feel opposed to something.
    If you just don't buy it you'll probably just feel left out

• Like Like x 1
  3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm not trying to devalue it, I just don't see $35 per fig (after shipping) of worth there to begin with - and I buy overpriced toys near daily.

At some point, we need companies to cap the prices on size classes. $35 for a legends is not a cap I agree with.

4. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Just to put things into perspective, what's the retail price for a Hasbro legends figure on the states? Not taking into account any discounts or sales.

These are significantly better that any Hasbro legends figure in terms of quality and aesthetics(IMO), so I'd like to know if anyone is using the price for official Hasbro legends a reference point.

5. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Used to be $5 or $6 before the great price gouge/quality dump - now it's $9 or $10.

$10 for the crap legends they put out now isn't worth it either.

6. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Well-Known Member

I don't buy them so I'm really sure. I just know these ones, as cool as they look, aren't worth the price for me. They may be totally worth price compared to some other products but compared to what I am looking for, they aren't worth it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  7. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to devalue it but here, let me devalue it.

Hows about if you aren't going to buy it that you leave so people who are can enjoy talking about it?

8. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So because we wont buy it at a certain price, we should leave? Right...

• Like Like x 1
  9. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Hows about no. If it bothers your delicate sensibilities so much to hear that some people don't think it's worth it maybe YOU should leave. It's a discussion forum, not a "say only what I want to hear" forum.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  10. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

Hoe about liking a product but not buying it because I find it overpriced. These are hollow cheap toys sold for a premium. If they were smart enough to sell them for 20 they'd be selling at least 3 to 4x the amount they'd be doing now. For the price of these you can have cloud 9 qb, huge difference in quality, size and parts count, not to mention engineering.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    On a related note, I don't understand why people think IF is so much better than DX9 for legends. I have stuff from both, and I find DX9 stuff far more impressive, while being equal on a quality level.

I guess it's just that damn opinion thing again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

i find dx9 has better quality and better engineering overall compared to IF. I have some figures from both legends lines and the only thing that stops me from giving up on IF is that i prefer the IDW aesthetic over the more G1 look of dx9's stuff.

that said...$65 dollars for these 2 is a huge markup. i''m getting mine at about $45 off taobao, which is much easier to swallow.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Maybe that's why I think that, IDW stuff doesn't impress me like G1.

I would totally buy these at $45, but I don't feel like jumping through a bunch of foreign hoops to do so.

14. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    Hey, what do you know.........I just ordered a set. I guess they have a target audience after all. Who knew?

Now you can all go back to bitching about how much you don't like this or that and how much you'd be prepared to pay, because I'm sure they're listening.

Or maybe something even more original like asking out loud why these can't be bigger. That probably hasn't happened yet either.

• Like Like x 2
  15. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

The KO market proves constantly that all our plastic toys are overpriced. That's the way of business.

• Like Like x 2
  16. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

The KO market proves constantly that there are ppl who are only willing to pay for these plastic toys at the cost it takes to physically manufacture them in bulk.

There's a difference between not wanting to pay for a middle man markup v.s. denying the designers of said toys their premium on their work because you don't feel they deserve it.

17. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

They are overpriced because there are people (mugs) like me who will pay that price.

These happen to be exactly what I want so I'm just lamb to the slaughter

• Like Like x 3
  18. Eleyre

Eleyre Well-Known Member

I don't think you need to leave, no. But I guess I just don't understand the mindset of coming into a thread about a particular figure and letting everyone know you won't by something because you either feel another product is better or because you don't like the price. I just find that a bit, odd. And now we've had two or three pages of people going back and forth about why they can or can't complain about the price or how DX9 is better, instead of actually talking about the figures themselves.

I don't have any DX9 figures, but I have several Iron Factory figures and I love them. You get pretty much everything you would with a Masterpiece figure, only at a much lower price point. Combine that with the fact that they don't take up nearly the space that the Masterpieces do and they typically come with a slew of accessories, I'm in :) . I'd been keeping an eye out on Custom Robot's eBay site to see if he'd ever relist his Sideswipe revoltech figure, but now I don't have to worry about it :) .

19. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

I like both companies; they both have strenghts and weaknesses. If both companies are not serving people's needs then one of the other 3ps will jump in to Legends market.

20. Verthawk

Verthawk Duly-Appointed Enforcer of Universal Equity

I wish WeiJiang would hurry up and upsize the Seekers (or even MechFans Toys). Deluxe and Voyager are my favorite classes and I think they work well together. I've bought most of the IF figures, but I would prefer the planes to be larger than the cars. A lambo is very tiny next to a F-15.