iron army

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bucket Head, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

well---since for whatever reason the search option was not available, and I am not going to wander back for however long to find it, I thought I'd post my pic of Iron Army. I know some folk were complaining about how the tank legs looked really thick and out of proportion, and I agree. or did, until I rotated em sideways so the tank turrets were on the outside of the legs.

now...the legs do look better, but I wish the torso were better. I'm getting a bit of an Ed Grimley feel to it. (ok--probably most of you are too young for that...think...Urkel)

whaddya think?

Attached Files:

2. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

I ended up swapping Steelshot for Heavytread, and I think he makes a better torso. He adds a little extra height and makes it so the thicker legs look better.

3. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    While the tanks turned sideways does make it look slimmer (and possibly better looking on a torso like Bombshock), I actually prefer them the "normal" way on a shorter torso like Heavy Tread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    I think that configuration with the tank legs has been known for a while. It's not bad but sadly the ankle tilt articulation is sacrificed for it, limiting the poseability of the legs (not sure why TFC made the hands and feet so limited in articulation with the all-too specific way they peg in). I currently have Huffer attached to the Iron Army as I find the proportions a bit better with him as a torso, not that Heavytread is bad either.

5. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

ehh---all valid points, I just don't dig the popeye calfs. wish there was an airplane center body bot. I'd get another set and, after a bit of paint, have an all tank bot and an all plane bot.

bucket

6. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

My Ruination/Iron Army. I got the idea from someone on this board, but search is down and I can't find the thread again :/

Basically you take a PCC Huffer, and a KO 6" Bruticus, and dremel out most of inside of Bruticus' helmet. You then can stick it onto Huffer's head. I drillind in the minicon port, and used floor polish, and some tacky glue to thicken the peg of Bruticus's peg.

Painting Huffer in purple highlights makes him look like a kid Swindle as well. I call him Haggle.

Attached Files:

7. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

nice!

bucket

8. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Pretty sweet lookin' man! Do you have pics of "Kid Swindle" (I love that)alone, or in altmode?

9. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

Sure do!

Edit: Haggle's an autobot because he's a rebel! Not because I don't have any stickers or anything...

Attached Files: