Ireland Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Nerroth, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But were Transformers Not one of Hasbros only brands that did that well last year, that and Star Wars I would assume ?

2. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While both valid points, hasbros recent over the years endeavour of cheaping out on things is worrying as over all if you're not making money materials etc. aren't there or provided, this is what has been giving me the idea, hasbro must be cutting back on design teams too as allocating most moulds to repaints/retools is very lazy(yes I know the core of G1 were in fact repaints etc. but modern day things are different).

I think, this year at least, hasbro have been trying to branch themselves into a media center and while that is indeed commendable they already stated G.I. Joe renegades may be rebooted already! G.I.Joe boasts a massive fan base but from last I've heard from a guy that's into joes hasbro havent' released joes here since the movies and won't be releasing the lines for the g.i. 2 movie overseas. That's surely putting the eggs into one basket.

Hasbro also for dotm seemed disinterested in that line by merely pumping out shit loads of bee again and not the new characters. TFP may share the same fate as animated, CGI is far more expensive than traditional drawing and animated which was a darn good show was pulled too quickly with many moulds made apparently at the end of the line. This coupled with the past generations, animated and dotm line doesn't show alot of confidence. To get season one characters should have happened way before now that we're already starting season two.

3. Airspeed

News Credits:
    LIES, the thing now says they will be in on the 20th, I assume next week it will be the 27th and so on. :tongue: 

4. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oil and costs does come into factor but they still package the tfs in the same boxes they have minus the plastic ties replaced with paper ties. They said they'd be changing packages as it was too costly yet they still make the boxes quite fancy with the art of the character on the box thus employing artists(known from insider knowledge). The figure qualities have gone down an awful lot in so much as paint apps, the size of the figures and the quality of the figures too.

ROTF was a massive loss for them in terms of the later waves because they produced garbage. Fans and kids want to see new and different characters. I know as when I was a kid and now as an adult I certainly didn't want the same character twice due to a different paint job i.e. mudflap,skids,bee in recent movie lines. Ok we have the seekers but G1 worked a hell of a lot different from the movies.

To relate to TFP too in terms of WHAT they produce, so far we've had two bees and a bee repaint/remould on the way with a leader bee also coming because. Totally unecessary. I understand that he's the poster boy but I buy my defining bee and that's it, I'm not sure about anyone else. I've heard fans say they won't buy bee and have heard first hand and from friends on various occassions kids they have or know refusing bee because they're "sick of him." Now apparently people don't like cons which is why we missed on DOTM leader megatron and shockwave which baffles me as I've always assumed cons were well liked. In the TFP line the writers have included storm/clone troopers in the shape of the eradicons, this should be ringng bells in Hasbros heads, package the shit out of boxes with eradicons because fans and kids will buy various times to make armys, wreck gars and scourges sold pretty well I believe but yet they want to put three bees and one eradicon in the boxes, it's lunacy.

Back to TFP, we have characters not yet out and an unknown length of seasons, we've seen that hasbro have the "oh new shiny" attitude to producing products due to dotm, f/e and r.i.d. fiasco that was. Youa re correct in who you stated were planned for animated. Given more time however more would have been produced, yoketron and the members in the crowd on cybertron, cliffjumper and more ss clones too that could have been made. To design and make the figures cost money surely and with losses from rotf and animated that couldn't have been healthy.

DOTM may not be a total lost cause yet, 40 characters in generations is huge and easily the likes of soundwave and wj can be slipped in there.

The joes have been shunted and when I was in america recently they seemed to sell well and sure any The Rock or bruce willis toy will sell well, the reason why I bought two different CJ's due to The Rock.

Hasbro branched into the HUB and if they've no shows to show as GI joe seems to be in trouble then that will be a serious waste of money. What I am saying is they need to tread softly with the economy the way it is.

5. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Was happy to see the voyagers in Smyths Waterford today and the bot shot launcher trailers look interesting, wonder would they fit Legends Prime well.

6. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's gonna be a huge wait and see factor with hasbro, they need to up the anti and the station can either go very wrong or very right. The fact they can't even remove the third party guys is witness enough to their power being dimnished.

7. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agree there, hasbros pulling off risky moves but I hope that they continue to do well for the sake of the brand we know and love. I just want to see them buck up in reference to pumping stuff out instead of delaying everythin

8. Airspeed

News Credits:
    No botshots in Smyths Jervis Street, Toymaster have all of wave 1 single packs for €4

Got MTMTE #3 though, which is great.

9. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

well I spotted the launchers in Waterford here for €12ish yesterday, they're on the way.

10. Airspeed

News Credits:
    I think they had them in boxes high up on the shelves, So I assume they just need to clear some space to put them out.

11. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just back from town, seen an unhealthy amount of TFP Bee, only two or three cliffs and wj's. Not a single soundwave in sight. Voyagers were there too, Prime doesn't look that bad but happier with my f/e.

12. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry man wasn't keeping an eye out at all, I couldn't saya s I dunno what they even look like lol.

13. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Smyths Jervis Street when I was there on Wednesday had no botshots at all out, despite the website saying they were in stock.

14. Airspeed

News Credits:
    The option was not available on them on the website, only select things for the on shelf promise....I think.

15. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    really 8.50? I paid 24.00 in ARgoSE

16. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is TFP cyb ss here??

Just seen a very interesting use of him on one the threads here :) 

17. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    I'd rather the 8.50 too.
    Passed Athlone yesterday and had a look in Smyths. All Botshots are in stock including launchers. Prime Voyagers in stock too. DOTM leaders €30. Prime Commanders instock too.

Also Tesco selling Kreo basic Prime n Bee for €2.50.
    Tesco prices seem to vary from store to store and day to day.
    Its like their pricing is done by a chimp on meth!

18. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet, I seen on one the boards that the cybs weapon can slide onto the f/es hand like the show model

19. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    cool for 2.50 no one can go wrong.

20. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So where do you get Transformers in Ireland, exactly?