Iowa Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Doctor Doom, Aug 14, 2003.

1. jeff0514

jeff0514 Well-Known Member

Anyone been back to the southridge TRU? I just found 1 x Prime Arcee and 2 x Prime BB at Clive TRU. Now only 1 BB left. No Prime Starscreams, so if anyone sees them let me know. I don't want to make a trip down to southridge if I can help it.

Also my 2 and 4 y/o boys are into Scooby Doo. TRU has Scooby doo toys on sale but they were cleaned out of the playsets at the Clive store.

2. 420bot

420bot ******

Found a Darksteel today - whats exciting about that is I got it for $3.59 at Kohls b/c they won't stop sending me Kohls Cash.

3. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's one full set of wave 1 Prime deluxes at the Davenport TRU as of 11:30am and several extra BB's to boot.

4. jeff0514

Just found a Prime Starscream at the Des Moines TRU. they still had another, 2 Arcees and probably 4 BBs.

5. Ravage_Eject

Ravage_Eject Soundwave's Favorite

Thanks for letting me know, Depthcharge! I got Arcee and BB this weekend and just needed the Starscream. He's so good!

6. Depthcharge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These figures are all great so far. Bring on Cliffjumper!

7. vamspapi

vamspapi Well-Known Member

MN native visiting grandparents in Cedar Falls, anyone have advice on good places to look for TFers? I'm mainly looking for HA Roadbuster and Guzzle, but anywhere's fine.

8. jeff0514

I think your main options in Cedar Falls will be Walmart, Target, or TRU (Waterloo).

9. Narsil

Narsil Maximal

I braved the crowds last night and managed to get the PPC Stunicons / Sludge combo pack at the north side Wal-Mart up in Ames. The Ames Super Walmart didn't have any packs.

I originally went to Ankeny. but by the time I had made it to where they had the combo packs, 2 ladies had their carts full of them. I was really hoping to get a hold of one of the Dinobots / Skyhammer packs. Oh well. : (

I got home and put the Stunticon drones on my power core commander Crackcase (from the Destron set). I copied this from a reviewer (fxfranz) on YouTube. Looks at lot closer to Menasor I think.

10. Depthcharge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice work. I did the same thing when I got mine. Too bad about the Skyhammer pack, if you don't have that one yet he's one of the nicer PCC figures in my opinion.

I just got back from the Davenport TRU and Target stores but didn't find anything interesting. Lots of Canon Force Ironhide out there as well as later wave DOTM deluxes and a couple of Prime deluxes at TRU. I was hoping to find the entertainment pack (someone sighted one on Seibertron.com) and/or Junkheap and Sky Shadow but no such luck.

11. 420bot

420bot ******

Are there any Track Battle Roadbusters left around anywhere, b/c I still can't find him?

12. Depthcharge

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Haven't actually been looking for him, personally, but I've been to a couple different Walmarts today and did not see him or the deluxe Prime repaint

13. 420bot

420bot ******

I am so still on the hunt for them both.

14. jeff0514

I did see both of those at the Windsor Heights Walmart about a week ago or so. I should have posted this, as I wasn't interested. I know there were at least a few of each.

15. Depthcharge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found a cyberverse ultimate set at the Davenport Walmart last night. They had probably 6 or 7 of them.

Still no sign of new generations or dotm stuff.

16. jeff0514

Not finding anything new in the Des Moines area as well. I have not checked either of the TRU's in the last week though. I have only been to Targets and a Walmart or two. By the way, plenty of the newer Walmart exclusive OP's and RB's at the Jordan Creek Wal-mart off of Mills Civic Parkway in West Des Moines. Cyberverse Ultimate sets are there as well.

17. 420bot

420bot ******

The new Gens/Prime figures are out now and should be around soon if you have't got them, but DOTM del. wave six + HA soundwave are both still slated for a mid december release, that's all I care about for now, that and the two new walmart exclusives.

As for the Deluxe Target Wreckers Two Pack.... it's looking like it got pushed back, who knows maybe they'll just release leadfoot under thr next sub-line as a target exclusive.

18. 420bot

420bot ******

I don't know if I will travel that far anytime soon, but I may check as far as Ames, when I go there in the coming month.

Thank you, the info is always nice to have as I am just looking for these two exclusives right now.

And then it's just Del. Wave 6 and HA Wave 3 (when they come out) and then the DOTM line is pretty much over.

19. jeff0514

I could possibly pick these up and hold onto them in case you can't find them up your way. I travel around central iowa for work, even up into north central Iowa, so could possibly get them to you at some point. Just might not be until after the holidays.

20. jeff0514

Saw some Prime figures at the Clive TRU late this afternoon. I know I saw at least one Starscream and Arcee, and there were probably BB's as well. Absolutely no Generations figures there though.