Iowa Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Doctor Doom, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to completely discourage you, but having got both of them home, the Elita/Arcee mold is kind of hot garbage. If it weren't coming with Ratchet I would be canceling the Paradron Amazon exclusive right now. If you still get both, maybe open Elita first so that you still have Bumblebee to look forward to. Even though I've had both Cliffjumper and Hubcap, Bee feels like the most solid version of it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Walmarts in Cedar Falls and Waterloo have the Netflix wave 2 deluxes. CF was already out of Bumblebees when I got there. I took one of the two Elita 1s. Waterloo did have two BBs and I took one of those. Both stores looked to have all the rest too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Lincoln

Big Lincoln Well-Known Member

Just got out of Ankeny Walmart with an Elita and Bee, they had all the Netflix wave 2 deluxes separate from the other Transformers. They were in their own area in the middle of the action figures aisle.

4. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @autobotx25 @TickTockGoesTheClock @Matt82

The Davenport Walmart on Kimberly has the Netflix wave 2 deluxes. When I was there they were still in the normal spot (no aisle display as some others are reporting) and they had A LOT of them. I didn't bother to hide any because there were just so many. I did grab a few of the Bumblebee's and Elita's and stick them up in the top stock above the pegs. Hope that helps. Good hunting! Now bring on the voyagers.

• Like Like x 3
  5. RyuGold

RyuGold Active Member

How soon can we start to begin looking for netflix optimus prime?

6. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm actually pretty surprised that the whole wave didn't hit at the same time.

7. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    I'm not, Earthrise wave 2 was split like this.

8. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure, but this is a store exclusive and, if I recall correctly, wave 1 hit all at once.

9. TickTockGoesTheClock

News Credits:
    Oh I get that, I'm just comparing this to Earthrise. Both had consistent wave 1 releases, Earthrise although delayed. Then wave 2 for both was crippled by rona.

10. Matt82

Matt82 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, and especially for throwing the Bumblebee and Elita One up top. There were plenty Wheeljacks and Impactors, but the two you threw up top were the only Bumblebee and Elita figures left.

I skipped Cliffjumper and Arcee, so this is my first purchases with both molds. They're not the best as far as transforming goes (ESPECIALLY Elita One), but both modes look good once transformed. All in all, I'm pretty happy with both. I'll still keep my eyes open, what's everyone still looking for?

Also, if anybody in the QC (or even nearby towns like Iowa City) sees a Siege Ultra Magnus at Ross, feel free to give me a shout.

• Like Like x 1
  11. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Saw the remnants of the wave 2 netflix deluxes at the Ankeny Walmart tonight. Unfortunately Elita and BB were nowhere to be seen.

12. TickTockGoesTheClock

News Credits:
    dealzwanted | eBay Stores

Fuck this guy. He's in Davenport and now, all of a sudden has Netflix Wave 2 and going off of the walmart thread, he didnt "order" them.
    And Elita is 60$, the most expensive of the wave. At least he didn't find bumblebee!
    He's been scalping the area of black series for a bit now it pisses me off to see this locally.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Arcee/Elita mold is definitely not my favorite but where Arcee is concerned I actually do personally like it better than the previous offering as far as sculpt goes. I will say this much, I just got around to opening and fiddling with the Netflix Elita that I picked up this morning and it looks and feels 100% better than ER Arcee for some reason. Everything on this one feels like it has better tolerances to me (and I have had 2 different copies of ER Arcee to compare to) and the paint in bot mode is clean and really well applied. I also appreciate all the sculpt differences; I had gone in expecting just a new head and had not previously noticed the chest and shoulders were also different. I'm pretty happy with Elita, honestly.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's entirely possible that I got a bum one. It just doesn't feel very good in hand.

15. AndroidAnchovy

AndroidAnchovy Dorque Extraordinaire

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not the most groundbreaking news, but Five Below here in Des Moines just got in a metric crapload of Evergreen Bumblebees, and they are ALL packaged like THIS.
    IMG_20201127_171103007.jpg

It's so funny and weird. Like ... WHY

• Like Like x 2
  16. AndroidAnchovy

AndroidAnchovy Dorque Extraordinaire

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Seriously, they have like fifty of them and every single one is boxed like this.

17. RamjetLikesToast

RamjetLikesToast Active Member

For Coralville/Iowa City area collectors:

Coralville Target has nothing new. A couple SS deluxes (Shatter, Topspin), plus a bunch of ER Megatrons, Hoists and some other Wave 1 deluxes. Coralville Walmart has a handful of Netflix Red Alerts and Wheeljacks, and the ever-present metric ton of SS deluxes and voyagers and precious little else (somebody please buy these figures, they have soooo many).

Iowa City Walmart is straight trash when it comes to figures. They literally haven't had any new ones in months. Don't waste your time at the IC Walmart.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  18. TickTockGoesTheClock

News Credits:
    I made the trek to Clinton since Davenport got sweeped by fans and scalpers for Netflix deluxes. The usual deluge of ER Voyagers, SS Scavengers and other random stuff but as of 2ish, they had at least 1 of every netflix deluxe except bumblee which I took. Also, for Marvel collectors, they had all of the fixit wave except for kang, which I took.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TickTockGoesTheClock

News Credits:
    Wave 2 Voyagers are hitting. For those in the pact, with a scalper lurking, if you see these, you might want to slide these somewhere.

• Like Like x 3
  20. blinduvula

blinduvula Active Member

I'm a little new to collecting transformers (just started when the Earthrise series was released). My stores have been pretty bare, but I often go on hunts. Is there a common consensus on where "somewhere" is?