Interview with Mark Maher and Evan Brooks

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jacdoprime, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    All the uses of the Siege and Earthrise seeker mold says that there's plenty of reason to believe a Voyager MW Megatron could see plenty of reuse, especially since it's got a tailor made repaint as a seeker (Energon Starscream)

• Like Like x 2
  2. VerdantWind

VerdantWind Well-Known Member

For those who have watched it, did they ever talk about the figure yellowing issue?

3. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    No weren’t asked about it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VerdantWind

VerdantWind Well-Known Member

Thanks! You saved me 56 mins :lol 

5. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're done talking about, it won't come up or be answered in any upcoming interviews. No company is going to voluntarily bring up QC problems again and again after already addressing it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, I'd take it - but would rather see Energon Starscream go full circle and share tooling (not just engineering like before) with BWII Starscream/G2 Smokescreen/etc.

You could pool both sets of characters into one tool, but we haven't seen nearly as many Voyager reuses as we were seeing in Siege/Earthrise, and the amount of Seekers we've gotten has dried up since then, I feel like the odds of getting more obscure guys like the RID and RM redecos for either original mold go down.

A Deluxe G2 Smokescreen feels like it'd be easier to integrate with a Leader G2 Dreadwing for the combined modes, otherwise at current sizes I feel like Dreadwing would have to move up to Commander and that's already a hotly contested size class with one Legacy slot per year for new tools.

I also just kind of like the idea that the leaders don't always have to be big, fond memories of G2 Gobots Prime/Megs and MW Megs as a kid. The size didn't matter, it was what was on the inside that made them the leader.

7. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just occurred to me that the "oh" character could be Medix.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    It could be, but I think he meant in general with the exclusives (not just one character/exclusive) but could have meant just for one particular exclusive also.

9. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I'd rather MW Megatron and Megaplex get their own molds. Let G2 Smokescreen/Energon Starscream have their own Voyager mold(probably a head shorter than Megatron's, as all non-Core/Beast Megatrons/Starscreams have had up till now), as well as the G2 Cyberjets having their own Deluxe mold(s). There are plenty of redecos each of them could have anyway, it's fine.

We're still waiting on mold reuses of the existing Decepticon jet molds(Siege Tetrajets, ER F-15s, the new Armada mold)

10. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great vid, I always enjoy hearing from these two and we're lucky to have them on the Hasbro side. It was especially nice to have Evan talk without getting rushed by BMac :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. firelancer120

firelancer120 Well-Known Member

Thats literally what they said? They said that the core dinobots are a combiner. They literally say that they are excited people figured out the 2 out already and the rest will combine to. Watch the interview and listen to mark AND evens replies on that.

12. firelancer120

They are doing g1 figs. Both of them say thats what they are focusi
    Honestly never thought bout it either. I knew they were gone but hadnt given them much thought. After russ mentioned it. It was interesting to see mark and evan both kinda surprised with them selves that they HAVENT used those mechanics in any recent figs

13. firelancer120

Sandstorms a triple changer so remolding needed 10000000%, nothing you named can be beast machines either they are g1 remolds. Why woukd they remold needlenose into new innacurate seekers? They are doing g1 molds not just fun repaints of dif characters that was during classixs and bayformers..they arent going to make a starscream thundercrqckwr or skywarp needlenose repaint 0 reason to at all. Your the only pwrson whos ever mentioned a want for it im sorry. Soundwave is perfect and wasnt in beast machines either lol. Dont k kw how doubledealer could stand in for him though since hes already got a cassete player mold thatl come sometime next year when licenses and co tracts expire. Have you been hiding and off internet the past 3 4 years when they loterally released definitive versions of em all? Why repaint skyquake into starscream when we have starscream.the seeker 2 pack is not hard to find anymore nor really scalped much

14. Gastrotrain

Gastrotrain Well-Known Member

the conversation is about machine wars not beast machines/g1

Machine Wars: Transformers - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 3
  15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *raises finger and opens mouth to speak*

Thank you. This. I almost flew off the handle.. :lol  Especially when I’m being insulted or accused of not knowing what I’m talking about when I absolutely do.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    621.png

• Like Like x 12
  17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So, real question. Are you fucking stupid? Because everything you just incorrectly interjected into a conversation about Machine Wars tells me you are fucking stupid.

• Like Like x 4
  18. KiraAthrunAsuka

KiraAthrunAsuka Banned

steamhappy-psp-yipiee-1.gif

19. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I have wondered for quite some time about why sliding fists weren't used anymore. Seemed like the simplest solution to hollow arms. This was definitely one of the better interviews I've seen of these guys. They both seemed to have space to chill instead of nervous energy infodump. It is refreshing to have folks that genuinely seem to care about the product they work on. I've been generally very satisfied from CW onward. Of course the quality ramp up from Siege to now has been a leap too. I think my excitement keeps ramping a bit as we go on because we have gotten things in more recent years than I ever realistically expected to get. Two to three years ago, I would never have expected all the Diaclone, E-Hobby, Botcon, and JG1 stuff we've gotten. Just fantastic. Keep it coming, fellas. I'd love to see us finally get Brave Max and Metrotitan in the Selects line at some point as well. Universe Primal is a must! Let's go!

• Like Like x 3