Interview With Hasbro On The Future Of Transformers Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 4, 2017.

1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Nothing says Christmas like ugly Transformers covering a box! :tongue: 

• Like Like x 1
  2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Right?

3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

They could in a comic book. Just finish it off.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    Exactly. It's like people expect them to come out and say something like "Well, Bay screwed the pooch on this one, so we're going to announce right here to this small press group a complete reboot of Transformers, taking it back to basics and making it just like G1"

These interviews aren't for hardcore fans who've watched these movies and kept up with the product for years. They're for casual people who know that Transformers are robots that exist.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So people who are casually familiar with Transformers are the target audience for answers to questions that weren't asked?

I think whoever is interviewing Hasbro these days is wasting their time trying to come up with questions. Just ask Hasbro to shill their brand, tell them how much time they have and call it a day. The end result will be the same.

Did you watch a different movie than I did?

• Like Like x 7
  6. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    Then is there any real point to treating this crap as News from now on? Because by the terms you've just used they aren't really for a website full of people who know a bit more than that Transformers are a thing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    The first answer is about the Bumblebee movie, generic info that most TF fans know already...

the second:

The approach is pragmatic, then she goes on to discuss how they get the characters on the shelves via various methods, which is exactly what her job title states she does. Sounds like an answer to me.

8. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    General public interested in Transformers as well as Entertainment News Sites visit this site too. Besides, the statements are coming from an official source. I don't see why we shouldn't be reporting it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:

And let it be as messed up as the one he was listening to :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I think what annoys people more than the fact that interviews with Hasbro are pretty bland and superficial, or that TFW2005 is reporting them at all, is the lack of commenting by the news staff. I recall a time when the TFW2005 news staff occasionally commented on the fact that certain interviews or news pieces weren't particularly filled with groundbreaking revelations. When the news staff treats every piece of news, no matter how trivial, with the same relevance and doesn't ever comment on anything, it leaves the impression that news pieces are treated as mere commodities, the same way Hasbro's treatment of its Transformers brand comes off in their interviews, and the news staff doesn't even particularly care about what they're reporting, just as long as they can report something.

In other words: Yes, as far as I'm concerned, the news staff is allowed to have an opinion! I'd actually welcome that, even if I might not agree with a particular opinion, as long as it's identifiable as an opinion. Just something that gives us members the feeling that the news staff isn't just feeding us random crap with little regard for the content. If the prevalent line of thought is "mainstream media might come to this site and credit us when re-reporting our news, so we'd better not scare them off by pointing out how utterly pointless Hasbro interview #456 is", then as far as I'm concerned that makes the news staff just as bland as Hasbro.

• Like Like x 9
  11. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    Yes, I see precisely why you would feel that way. But by the statement from your fellow Mod up there, there is NOTHING particularly Newsworthy about a bunch of Corporate waffle. And there wasn't.

Some things are News, some things are not regardless of Source.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    This is not a news article. It is propoganda. I'm pretty embarrased to belong to a fan site that thinks this is news worthy. I think we can stop pushing the movies now, it's not working. See TF5.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    I did specifically mention that " Since her tasks involve handling licence for Hasbro properties, her answers are also oriented towards the business aspect of the franchise." That should be enough to understand what sort of an interview this is. This is Brand Licensing Expo. Not toy fair or comic-con.

We don't have to say "Nothing in here. Don't read". Because there are people who are really into these business interviews as well. These are official statements, we report.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  14. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    For the hardcore fans, we have New York Comic Con panel by the Transformers Brand Team tomorrow. 11:15am ET. Join our coverage. If these interviews are not your cup of tea, then we all have the other option.

• Like Like x 5
  15. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You just pointed out exactly why the approach is specifically not pragmatic. I think some of us just have a problem with the quality of the answer, not whether it merely meets sufficient criteria to constitute one.

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    Exactly. And worse case situation, people read what, like 10 sentences and thought "hey, I know this already" and then can move on, instead of the continued "This shit is shit, WTF TFW, why this shit is shit?"

NYCC will offer more real news that's far more oriented to the site, but beware, I'm sure we'll get a few cookie cutter answers as well...

• Like Like x 1
  17. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...that statement hints at a franchise reboot; optimistically, the possibility of a respectful treatment helmed by a competent creative team...

18. Magneon Sentinel

Magneon Sentinel Cybertron's last defense

The only person I've seen better at dodging than them is Sora in kingdom hearts II. They really go out of their way to avoid whatever the reporter is asking.

19. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Such a bland set of canned questions and answers, but that is to be expected of a licensing expo. (Although to be honest it didn't seem like any fans sites asked any hard questions to the TF people at Hascon. The lack of Hasbro response to multiple QC issues with expensive figures like Trypticon is pretty disappointing.)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  20. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Same here. As much of a hot mess that TLK was, seeing as the entire movie's plot effectively achieved nothing but set Unicron up for a future installment it'd kind of suck if they didn't do just one more movie to wrap it up before rebooting.

• Like Like x 3