Interesting/Weird/Quirky Things that happened during your viewing of ROTF..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Darthbane2007, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Second viewing, a 6 year old boy repeated the "I'll do anything for an 'A'" line, obviously not getting the joke, he just thought it was funny. And I thought that was funny.

2. Yakko Prime

Yakko Prime New Member

At two of the four showings I went to, when Skids and Mudflap stop in front of Long Haul, the audience gasped because they realized Devastator was coming. My friend at one of the showings even yelled "Oh sh**"

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    I went to the midnight showing, and while my little bro and I were waiting for the movie to start, I blast "Never Gonna Give You Up" on my cell phone. (Relax, the previews hadn't even started yet.) It wasn't very loud though.

Oh, there were also a couple hot girls wearing shirts with various TFs on them like Prime and Bumblebee. They were hot.

4. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Were we in the same theater? Because there was a guy at my showing too who was laughing at everything, really loudly and at the strangest moments. I was thinking, "Are you drunk?"

The kids in my theater did that too, a group of three of them sitting behind me. I thought it was cute. Encourage the little protofans!

5. Marni

Marni Bagel Eater

Nothing happened the first time I saw it, but the second time two guys came in and one tried to sit down on a busted seat or something and shouted really loud "Son of a b****! Imma sue this place! I think I just broke my ass!" The other guy was laughing really, really hard.

I was biting my lip trying not to laugh and my nephew choked on his soda. XD

They where really annoying during the whole movie though. They shouted "WHOOO" and clapped their hands at almost every part. 8l

6. 420bot

420bot ******

Somebody spray painted 'Le Boss' on my car after I came out of the theatre, beat that.

Everybody boo'd at the weed joke until sams mom starting acting really nuts like she was on real drugs, then they loved it, morons.

There were many others, but actually when I saw the first movie in Omaha everybody went nuts, stood up, and cheered when barricade started chasing Bee during the car chase scene.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    lol i was waiting in line for my second veiwing, wearing my transformer hat, and this preppy guy with his hot girl was said "where did you get your hat?". needless to say, thanks to my brother talking and saying i got 200 transformers, he semi bowed to me :lolol  i wanted to kill my brother cause of that....anyways it took everything i had during the first showing to not go g1 kup and say "devastator" loudly when he was about to form :lolol 

oh also, when prime died (i knew it would happen but it was still a "HOLY S***" moment to me, i saw my older brother (32, he grew up with g1) get tears in his eyes)

8. Aquarius

Aquarius Well-Known Member

Haha, I live in Omaha. Full of crazy people!

I didn't have anybody boo the weed bag, but there was quite a lot of gasping.

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nothing happened to me (except for some dumb bitch rather loudly declaring that she recognized Alice from "Home and Away" and then talking at an increased volume every time she appeared onscreen), but I did hear from someone else how a bunch of teenagers completely disrupted basically the entire screening he went to and they couldn't get the ushers to boot them out. Grrr.

10. spreckenstein

spreckenstein Well-Known Member

Hmm things are a little different in Australia apparently. Barely anyone said anything in the session I saw (and they rarely call out at all), except for people behind me going "that was shit" at the end.

The whole "audience participation at the cinema" thing makes zero sense to me

11. 420bot

420bot ******

Yeah Omaha's the craziest city, I love it.

I forgot to mention that I was the only one laughing very loudly during the opening when the fallen was stepping on all the people.

Also I look like a bizare cross between the good Dr. Hunter S. Thompson and Oscar Acosta put together, so I surely scared some crackers after that b/c I was around children (16 yr. olds) and they all looked at me with a real fear in their eyes, at this twisted figure wearing sunglasses in a movie theatre who stank like the good marijuana, gasp!

12. Rand0

Rand0 Autobot

this. except no one said it was shit... everyone was pretty buzzed over it :) 

13. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

When i went to watch in in Sydney the audience loved every bit, maybe the other aussie guys lives in Melbourne; too cultured for badly reviewd movies.

When we went to see it and optimus prime dies, my cousin (who's 18) she yells out "No! It cant be!", while almost standing up from her seat. Most dramatic shit you ever seen lol

14. scottimusprime

scottimusprime i have a license for that

Nah, no number. She was with her husband i think plus my special female friend goes through my phone alot. She has swords and would cut me up like Optimus did Grindor! lol. Im gonna try to get her to the movie this weekend. She is not a Transformer fan but she did like the 2007 movie.

15. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I saw the movie twice with absolutely no off-the-wall stuff happening. It was relatively mild for a midnight showing compared to the midnight Spider-man 2 I saw years ago. That was just out of control.

16. red4

red4 Banned

When the movie started, some guy a few rows back said "Oh yeah!". I responded with an over-sexed "Oohooh Yeh-aeahh". Nobody laughed at that except my friend.

17. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    1st. Viewing: Two or three kids started crying when Optimus died. Someone whistled when Megan Fox was on the motorcycle at the beginning.

2nd. Viewing: Some kid behind me kept asking his parent what was going on and what the Twins were saying. It got kind of annoying.

18. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a lot of talking, texting, calling, etc. in the Lincoln Square IMAX theater just before the movie started on 2PM on opening day. As soon as Dreamworks appeared, everything went dead. It was absolutely silent. And incredibly exciting.

There were multiple points of applause, but it was understood. I believe there were some woos and clapping when Prime first skydived onto Demolishor. The forest fight got the most. When Prime entered, when he started beating the crap out of Megatron, and most especially when he split Grindor's head. The theater fell dead silent when he died though. However, his revival and subsequent combination got what was nearly a standing ovation, except without the standing. There was a lot of laughter. The second time around, that laughter was merely reduced to chuckles for the most part. More like laughing groans, as in "oh, that's bad, but kinda funny I guess." Nothing out of the ordinary but I felt glad to cheer during the first showing. On an IMAX screen it was truly epic to behold.

19. JawBreaker

JawBreaker Member

I sat in the front row with my brother.
    While looking for seats one guy blocked off about 5-6 seats for his kids, I found out later. The most saved seats I've experienced, usually 1-2 seats. Was nice but somewhat selfish considering everyone was having a hard time already finding seats already . They need to be in their seats already if saving so much.
    People were laughing hysterically during all the sex joke scenes, including my brother. At least he enjoyed it.= more than I did.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    opening night at IMAX, for about a half hour before the movie started, five girls were dancing near the stairs. like, the kind of dancing you'd see at a night club. I yelled "thats not how you dance for transformers", and was ignored.

when devastator was combining, some stupid piece of shit behind me yelled "go go power rangers".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.