Interesting week and it's only Monday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Nov 26, 2019.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I 20191124_121243.jpg t's been an interesting week so far. And it's only Monday.

A fire broke out in my bedroom Sunday morning. My bedroom is completely destroyed. The Purple bed we got 2 weeks ago is gone.

Had a phone interview yesterday afternoon for a job that sounds like a mix of call center and field work. 4 month contract to hire.

Had a hearing for my unemployment appeal this morning. No one from my former employer showed up. My sister in law says that I automatically win, but we'll see. I read the case file, their evidence was a statement that my boss would have not told me that I could stop in the van, and that it was he that caught me. Such bullshit and lies. I feel like I was setup in the beginning incase they needed to find a reason to fire me.

Video interview this afternoon for the job. An in person interview with the company I'd be working for. It's for a company called Club Prophet. They make POS systems for country clubs. 10 to 20% travel around the US and Canada. It sounds like fun.

Tomorrow, a guy's coming to access the damage from the fire. I'm pretty sure it was electrical.

And I get to have the car fixed to. The bracket that holds the exhaust pipe to the car broke, so I get to have that fixed.

Can't wait to see what Wednesday brings.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn man....sorry about all that's happening man. Hope you get the job at least so you won't have to worry anymore about unemployment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Shit! From a certain point of view, you’ve actually been quite lucky this week! I have a friend who works for a company doing POS system work. He loves it. Free food and booze!! There is occasional travel involved, but the majority of the time he does help desk stuff. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheIncredibleHulk

I wonder if it's the company I interviewed for. They're based out of Cheswick PA.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheIncredibleHulk

My arm

20191124_164555.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

He works for NCR (not entirely sure where they're based, though).

Edit: ouch

7. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO **CoOL FLeX BrEH!!.!**

@TheIncredibleHulk Sorry to hear about all your shortcomings but just remember in life there are more better days than bad and next thing you know all this will be behind you. That's what I've learned and always remind myself when shit hits the fan.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

I've been checking out what's damaged and the approximate cost for the insurance company for 2 days. It's amazing how much stuff that you don't realize you have until something like this happens. My tv that's across from the room from where the fire was is having issues now. It starts to get darker the longer it runs, plus lots of gunk and soot all over it. Even my ps4 isn't running right.

Plus my G1 Omega Supreme and Titans Return Omega Supreme have crap all of them. My Infinity Gauntlet Slipcase box set retails for $500 alone. Now it has smoke damage and wherever flung over to it during the fire. 20191127_151705.jpg

9. TheIncredibleHulk

It's been a month now. Contractors are almost done rebuilding the bedroom. Just painted today and hopefully get the carpet in tomorrow afternoon. My new bed is waiting in the kitchen for everything to be done.

The holidays were pretty tough but we're getting through them as best we can.

20191226_143603.jpg 20191226_143644.jpg 20191226_143632.jpg 20191223_121143.jpg

• Like Like x 5