Inspector Gadget Car

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by odelay, Aug 12, 2008.

1. odelay

odelay Downunder-bot

I have an Inspector Gadget - Gadget Mobile made by Bandai in 1983.
    It's about 6 inches long depending on mode and does the most awsome transformation from Gadget Van to Gadget Car.
    Does anyone else have one of these, know anything about it or what its worth?

2. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

no but i did know someone who did have one. there was also a mad mobile too for doctor claw that transformed aswell. i actually have an original Inspector Gadget doll too. European release due to the french writing on the box.

as for prices? no clue. have you looked for it on ebay?

3. odelay

odelay Downunder-bot

Nothing on ebay or Google for that matter, I found its Claw mobile counterpart which looks equally as cool. This thing was made a few years ahead of MASK toys and craps all over them from a great height. Its 25 years old but the transformation is amazing and has lots of diecast, parts and rubber tyres and chrome rims!!! And the car was clearly based on a Nissan Skyline.
    I'd just like to know more about it, never going to sell it but curious about value too.
    Just checked Wikipedia and Brain, Mad Cat and Dr Claw were all voiced by Frank Welker!!

4. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Pics or it didn't happen.

No seriously, photos please.

5. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

The link below will take you to the completed auctions for Inspector Gadget toys on ebay. There are a half dozen 12" figures, sold between $3-$200.
    IIRC, the 2 vehicles are quitequite rare, were talking $200+, minimum. AFTN had a article showcasing merchandise from the line. The words EXTREMELY RARE in the caption for the two comes to mind.

http://search-completed.ebay.com/se...action=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

6. odelay

odelay Downunder-bot

I will have to work out this photo bucket business again, and when I do I will show you this toy, it is seriously awesome, especially for its day.
    And I only bought it for $15 at a swapmeet (car boot sale) when I was 10 or 11, (17 or 18 years ago)
    Its made in singapour and has a 1983 copywright stamp.
    And you open the boot in the van mode and see a penny and brain (sticker) inside.

7. rampageSSS

rampageSSS All Hail Rampage

News Credits:
    Hey yeah I remember when I was a little kid I had both Dr. Claw's car that changers from car to plane and submarine. And the Gadget car which changes from His van to his police car.

Does anyone have any photos of the gadget car/van? i have searched on ebay, yahoo, google everywhere and there are no photos of it anywhere

8. Jhaynes

Jhaynes Well-Known Member

I found this I remember my friend at school had this Dr Claw car and loads of Ulysees 31 toys back in 1987. I reckon he must of gone to France on holiday.

STA: Inspector Gadget: Dr. Klaw Car

9. GTR-prime0088

GTR-prime0088 Banned

News Credits:
    i got that on my bday back in the day it was released. But my bitch of mom made me return it and bought me a walkman since she thought it was not suitable toy for a 10 year old kid. From then on i have been buying my own toys.

10. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Wow, zombie thread... braiiiiiiins