1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Customs: Input wanted: Bludgeon

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    No idea where to put this, so I'll go here. If I chose wrong, please move it (and PM me telling me where it was put. That would be much appreciated.).

I saw Megamus' Bludgeon that's for sale earlier tonight, and realizing I don't have $200 to drop on a figure, I decided I'd try to make my own upgraded version. Whether or not I enter this in the contest is beyond me, as I don't know if/when it will be finished (or if I'm allowed to enter... Either way, I don't stand a chance.) Here's the Bludgeon I'm referring to, for those that don't know.

So... Here's a nice list of what I have so far.
    - Minicon Dualor (from Destruction team) will serve as the base for the tank
    - I'd like to make the turret portion removable. If the turret cannot be salvaged, I may have other things to make a turret out of.
    - It will have a shell. I need to figure something out, but it will have a shell.
    - I'd like to give the minicon base a new head, or at least modify the existing one.

Here's a list of what I still need to figure out (please do not hesitate to add input to this)
    - How do I remove Dualor's existing turret?
    - Base figure for a shell (between basic and deluxe size, hopefully. I may be able to revamp my deceased BWN Randy into something)
    - As I have no need for an entire order of Apoxie Sculpt, is there any other type of (inexpensive) modeling compound I can use to fill things in, etc.?
    - Is this a half-decent idea or not?

If I didn't clarify something well enough, please mention it. It will probably only help me in the end.

EDIT: Here's a link to Dualor, for those that aren't familiar with it. http://www.tfu.info/2002/Mini-Con/Dualor/dualor.htm

Thanks in advance for the input
    SB

Attached Files:

2. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Anyone?

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if you're wanting to make an actual pretender Bludgeon, its going to take a lot of work making a shell that looks like bludgeon.

4. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I'm thinking more like power suit. Pretender shell sounded like way too much work from the start. Worst case scenario (aside from aborting the project altogether) is a non-transforming Bludgeon shell-esque bot with a transforming Bludgeon tank-esque bot.

5. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

With Bludgeon being made from a minicon you could have him become a "backpack" for the shell.
    some sort of samuri Skeletor would be ideal.

6. Soundblaster1

News Credits: