Info on Bully Video That Went Viral

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverider, Mar 15, 2011.

1. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Pssst.......drag the body into the house.

2. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

The kid who was filming it has been suspended as well.

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
  4. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    How much time do you give them till they end up on Tosh.0?

5. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:

Know anything about the kid with the black backpack? He's just as guilty, he stood there the whole time and watched it happen, then from the looks of it he tried to start a fight with Casey at the end and even followed him.

6. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    the only appropriate response if you ask me. i've never known any teachers or school authorities to actually do anything about bullying.

7. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

Little shit deserved it.

Read the article and don't care much for this particular quote, "police and bullying experts are concerned by the overwhelmingly positive reaction to the older boy's retaliation against his attacker."

Honestly I'm glad he stood up for himself. I'm glad that people appreciate that fact.

8. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

What the hell is wrong with todays kids.

9. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Misappropriation of social services. General abuse of child protective services. Hmmm....what else?.....all of it leading up to parents afraid of "properly disciplining" their children to where parents no longer have authority or are no longer seen are authoritative figures in the house hold. Just a short list to start with :wink: 

10. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'm concerned that any adult would have a problem with this kid defending himself. If these people think that what he did is somehow wrong, they are seriously divorced from reality.

And, reality got the house, the car, and the dog.

11. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Yeah. It is kinda morally and legally shady if you use violence at all. Even at times when you might think that you are in real danger. If you take it too far, you can prepare to go to prison for homicide. The policy reasons to punish for self defense is to discourage any continuance of violence. In your case, what if the bullys you fought against were some sort of true psychopaths? It might have turned out much worse for you than it did.

Also, this discouragement of violence is not a new thing at all. I have a criminal law casebook next to me. In it is a case from 1937 Georgia were a man was convicted of homocide after defending himself by shooting a much larger man who was really beating the shit out of him. Self defense is not an open door to just do whatever you want to somebody else. But I guess that is just "liberal/intellectual" 1937 Georgia for you.

That said, good for the kid. I think things turned out pretty much the way they should in this case. Hopefully that kid does not have any more problems. And it would be cool to see him on Tosh.0.

12. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    This story reminds me of this video:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  13. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

Good that he defendend himself.

i was bullied too, a kid called me little shit, dwarf, and threw stones, gravel, sand or earth at me and also punched me. i always tried to flew. but luckily one day i managed to defeat him. he threw a stone at me and hitted me at the head. it hurted but i didnt bleed or cried. still i was so angry and overcharged. i jumped at him, boxed into his face and crotch, because he was hurted, i also managed to overthrow him and kicked into his belly, he cried. but he wasnt seriously wounded. wee were about 10 or 11 years old, but he was like 1,55 and i was not even 1,25 m. it wasnt in school though, it was in a playground.

14. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Hey i don't like killing, but at the same time, killing in self-defense is different if its the only option, some people will be haunted enough in the fact that they did in fact kill someone else so why punish those?

As for this story, big kid did what was right, one show of strength is all it should require, now, he probably could have been a tad more careful on how he tossed the other kid just to be safe.

15. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Well, the problem with killing in self defense is that it the self defense aspect can easily be very very subjective. I think often people who have later been convicted of a self defense killing usually were most likely found to have acted excessively. Some people will shoot to kill, when for example, simply fleeing the scene is a non-violent option which will also result in you being safe from harm.

16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I would have thought any situation where you're able to draw a gun legally; it would be hazardous to turn your back to your assailant.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I really wanted to see him rip into the smaller kid's larger friend. I am disappoint.

18. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Nope. Gun safety courses (and the military) will teach you that you only draw a gun when you believe your life or the life another may be in imminent danger. That does not include the general ass whooping where people get bruises and a hurt ego.

19. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Nah unfortunately, as far as I know only Casey, the bully and the kid filming it have been suspended. But I agree all of them should be punished, since it's pretty clear they were acting with a pack mentality.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    No I mean the circumstances in which you may legally draw and discharge a firearm, probably the presence of other weapons or multiple assailants, would be a really stupid point to turn your back to them and try to run.