Info on Bully Video That Went Viral

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverider, Mar 15, 2011.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

seconded.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First time I watched that video out loud I said "Oh SPLAT!"

Most of Jr. High was a nightmare for me so seeing big boy here pull off his fishing move on a little punk ass makes one feel good. Sucks he got suspended for it, maybe his parents can hire the Star Wars Kid to fight it. (Star Wars kid is all grown up and a lawyer now) Gawker — Today's gossip is tomorrow's news

3. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sometimes the only way to get someone to stop attacking is to damage them. Push him back and he might just come after you harder and perhaps ask his 4 other friends to jump in as well. Seriously, we are trying to figure out the best way to fight back? That big kid probably didn't have any formal self defense training so didn't know how to "properly" stop an assailant. He did what he thought would be best at the time and what is his advantage. But even in martial arts and self defense classes (which I have taken for years), you are taught to disable your assailant. Disabling means hurting the other guy because most of the time only pain will stop the other guy from continuing the assault.

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And at what point is it just to use violence as self defense? When you get damaged/crippled yourself? Then you can try to cripple the other guy? By that time it's too late. There's been alot of incident's where the attackee tried to fight back and was unsucessful and in fact got injured. What happens next? Yep, the assailant pours it on and friends jump in now that the attackee is hurt and since the attackee even dared to fight back that just pisses off the assailant even more.

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe the little ahole should pick on someone he can actually take on... like a preschooler..

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He probably never even heard of Tyson's Punch Out.

7. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  8. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly, if it's fair game for someone to get pushed around with no repercussions, then I'm for DAMNED sure going to push that school around in a court of law for doing nothing to stop it from happening to my kid.

Yeah, but the argument I hear is, "We need to educate them, it's not my fault my kid is messed up, it's obviously the school's fault." Sorry, between the experience of teaching teenagers and working in law enforcement, behavior is almost ALWAYS indicative of respect for boundaries and authority at home, or the lack thereof. Granted, some people are just shits who come from great situations, and some kids are great who come from the worst situation, but those are exceptions. The parents of the victim have EVERY right to fight this in every possible avenue.

Ditto. Junior high and high school was hell for me. Being 5'2" and 100 pounds made me an easy target. Funny how once you deck someone even knowing you're going to get your @$$ kicked, they start backing off. Too bad it took me until senior year to figure it out.

Exactly. My wife and I have already discussed this for our kids, they will be in some sort of martial arts/self defense class at a young age. Too many valuable lessons there to be learned, and I want them to know if there is no alternative, they can defend themselves and dad won't get mad, so long as they didn't start it.

Exactly. You can't tell me those kids weren't ready to push it further. Videotaping it? You can see the crowd moving in at times to step in until the instigator gets beat down. The victim was in a no win situation. He took FAR more than anyone that age should expect to take without retaliation. Yes, it was retaliation, but you know what? He was going to get worse if he didn't stop it right then and there

9. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Screw that, how many hits must one kid take before fighting back? If I was him I'd have taken that suspension proudly. but it's still messed up to punish the victim though.

10. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Casey Heynes is a Champion - he took a hit to the face and STILL owned that lil turd.

I got bullied at times in jr high and in high school. I remember this one dude was always on my shit...up until the day he got me in a headlock between classes during our sophmore year. I was always worried about defending myself <--- cuz, y'know, the person on the defense gets in trouble for protecting themselves - but I'd had enough and elbowed that MFer in the ribs a couple times.

Hunched over, he was like "Heh heh, yeah - just playin' around, heh heh," but I could tell by the look on his face that I hurt him pretty bad. Dumbass never bothered me again. And THAT, my friends, is how nature works - via action and painful consequences...

:dj 

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Speaking as someone who got bullied like this pretty much every single day of his school life, I say well done to him. Shitbags like that don't stop. They don't leave you alone. They make your life an absolute misery unless you do something about it. There's someone walking round out there right now with a differently shaped nose because he hit me that one time too many one day. He didn't fucking well do it again after that day either (partially my own fault, I suppose; I neglected to warn him that I'd been studying Shotokan for the past year because of him :)  ).
    When I have kids, if one of them does the same I'll be buying him a console so he can enjoy his politically correct idiot-enforced holiday properly.

12. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

the little bastard deserved it.

i was a quiet kid in high school and hung out with nerds cause i love videogames but never really let anyone bully me like that. someone tried. the guy was bigger and couple grades above me but he didn't know that as a kid, i grew up in one of the toughest neighborhoods in manila. took him down quickly and thought about kicking his head in but didn't. i didn't want to give my parents that much trouble, you know after moving to canada and all.

i was also suspended for defending myself but made the best of it. i played "a link to the past" the entire day.

i agree with the school's decision. the "victim" broke the "bully's" ankle. you can't just let him go like that either. i can say the same for me when the exact same thing happened.

13. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Ok now I'm confused. There's places saying the bully's ankle was broken....and other articles saying the bully wasn't injured. What's the real scoop here?:confused: 

14. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

Those crime shows or what you took from them is incorrect.
    Runyan v. State (57 Ind. 80) is a case which is one of the earliest cases to strongly support and establish in U.S. law an individual's right to initiate self-defense actions up to and including the justifiable use of lethal force against an aggressor.

In Runyan, the court stated "When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justiciable."

Chuck

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I hope that little shits ankle is broken.

Honestly, whats that saying?

Don't start anything you don't intend to finish?

Casey Heynes? I salute you.

16. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    So there's been someone who has killed in self-defense and never got punished...?

I'm sorry, that's effed up. Just my opinion.

17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can sorta understand the rationale of the suspension. I can imagine the councelor going 'look kid, its good you stood up for yourself but we gotta give u a slap on the wrist for show sake. Cant have ppl think we condone violence even if it is reactionary right? Plus u could use the time off to reflect on the situation n get a bit of perspective.'

U guys see punishment. I see a time out.

That said, got a kick outta seeing the lil fucker body slammed tho. Had my experience hitting back bullies but mostly with the bullies buddy holding back the guy i hit cuz the guy would prolly destroy me, me being a weenie :lol 

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    If his ankle is broken he’s lucky that’s all he got.
    Imagine if the bullied kid hadn’t just walked away but stuck around to do more damage.

And you guys are pissing me off.
    He didn’t ‘go all Zangief on him’.
    That move is obviously Alex’s Power Bomb from Street Fighter III.

The real scoop?
    Sensationalism sells more than facts.

19. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh. Here's how this will work. They both get suspended from school, and that's about as much punishment the victim should get. If mom and dad act decent, he won't be punished for standing up for himself.

20. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

Pshh, that ain't no powerbomb neither. It's Farooq's Dominator.