info about Arcee/Chromia combine(no pics)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blek50k

blek50k New Member

Alright here's my theory on how the Flareup/Moonracer toy will be:

She will be very similar to chromia, except the bigger arm won't be a cannon, instead it'll connect to the back wheel, then the left arm(one with small energon blade) will somehow form the seat. Finally chromia's grey struts and split upper torso will be carryed to this figure. Oh and the front wheel will come down to form her wheel foot.

That's just my theory but it would make the most sense right now.
    Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, just don't completely bash me :D 

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. Jester Jade

Jester Jade Member

If designing toys is anything like designing products, then I know that sometimes projects can get stuck in dev hell. Meaning sometimes certain components take longer to finish than other parts. Maybe the flare up design was lagging to be finalized to a design they felt was good enough to go to production, and it would have been more cost effective for the team to develop a figure that would sell better in the end, and leave "falre up" to be a redoco. If you were a parent and had only enough time and money to pick one transformer figure for your kid, would you pick another wierd motorcycle robot, or the cool looking stealth fighter (mindwipe.)

At the end of the day, while we fans do add to hasbros revenue, i would wager that parents and children are what make up a big portion of their net profits. Like you said, the cost of toys are going up due to many things like the economy and the price of oil. If a parent is going to spend 12 bucks on another transformer figure, they have to feel like they are getting their money's worth. most parents, and I would suspect most children, wouldn't even know that "flare up" actually looks different from the other motorcylebots. her name wasn't even mentioned, she didn't have any lines, and she barely had any screen time. if it wasn't for me specifically looking for what she looked like on the internet, i would have missed it entirely. so I am sure they will get away with releasing her as a redeco of chromia.

Also, lets not forget the fact that, of the fans that do know more than your average consumer, most absolutely hate the way both arcee and chromia look. why waste tens of thousands of dollars on another motorcycle robot most people are going to hate anyways? me, you, and a handful of people on this board doesn't make a good case on why people would love to see a 3rd original mold released. what if it looked worse than what people have been saying about arcee? Can you imagine the store shelves if that day came? it would be full of the 3 motorcycles waiting to be bought, with no peg space for any other skus. that would be very bad for business. I'm sure they are sighing with relief after seeing how chromia is doing.

3. krawky95

krawky95 Well-Known Member

Good Thinking!

4. GAUGE

GAUGE Professional Digital Artist

News Credits:
    This is going to be the biggest movie toy discussion of all time lol

but in all seriousness, I can't wait to see all the various fanmade combo mode photos.

I still feel that Chromia is meant to be the HEAD and Left Arm.

5. amazo911

amazo911 New Member

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    she wasnt riding arcee, cuz arcee is Ducati 848, but oh well that was before the movie came so i wotn complain

7. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    This is seriously like the zombie thread from hell. It just keeps coming back...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.