Infinite Transformation (Prime V3?)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optimus Dime, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

So, I had been talking to a few friends in the toy world, and 3 or 4 of them have told me there has been some rumblings that IT may be doing a Prime in the same fashion they did Megatron. Now I know MP-44 just came out, but with the issues he has, I am hoping this rumor is true. Now I do own MP-44, just like I own MP-36. But I also own IT-01, and sure as hell would get their Prime if it is on par with their Megs.

I tend to believe them, the ones who told me. They told me months a head of time about a few toys ZI broke news on. LikeMegaton, Shockwave, and a couple others. They've been right thus far.

What do you guys think? They have already done BW Dino, right? And heard it is possible they are doing the BW Megs also. But I want a Prime from them.

Anyone else on the same band wagon? Also, I hope this is the right board. If not feel free to move it Admins.

Best Regards,

• Like Like x 1
  2. neomoz

neomoz Well-Known Member

Of course the usual suspects will be doing a mp-44 KO, this is why TE have done another run of TE-01, once the KOs hit that market will be dead for further runs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not a question about if, but when. And not just IT, there will be other players and we'll have multiple KO options to choose from. But we're at least a year away from something coming out. Maybe we'll hear about the upcoming projects in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    He tell me!

• Like Like x 7
  5. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I’ll be interested if somebody makes a version with silver instead of white, more toy details but not locked into a toy head, and can use the normal head to get a more MP-10 styled deco.

That kind of Megatron was only available by KO. The toy version of MP-36 went hardcore full toy, but no blended metallic old school style, like Magic Square made for their MP Optimus. So KO may again come to my rescue and get me the thing I really want.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

I do agree that a ton of KO's will come out. But I am hoping for a company like IT to do it. When the first MP-10 were done there was so much wrong with them, they were IMO a wast of money. Most KO's now are pretty good, but we do still get stinkers. That is why I am hoping someone who knows what they are doing will take this one.

I hope so also. I am not a big fan of the G1 toy look in MP style, but there are people like yourself who are. I hope it works out for all of us in the end. I mean, there can never be too many option, am I right?

Best Regards,

• Like Like x 1
  7. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

It alot of ways, we all knew this would happen.
    There was never any doubt in my mind they would do a KO of it.
    That's the only reason I didn't buy MP44. Also, I really want a KO just for the trailer. I want to use it for TE01.
    It would go better with the plain flat color toon look of the truck mode.

The only question is when this will happen and what kinds of fix they do to it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    I just want a cheap mp44 so that I can display him in Starscream mode.

I have Magic Square as my Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  9. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Looking at how their Dinobot turned out I'm a tad worried about that, but hey, if it's cheap enough I'll bite. anyone remember how long it took after sunstreaker's release for his KO?

• Like Like x 1
  10. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    Cant wait for the mp44 ko. Hopefully he wont have that silly voice box add on.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

But this is Optimus Prime/ Convoy !!!

12. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One important point that will affect the result is how the KO's are designed/copied/made.
    The rumors we've heard are that the MP-36 design files were leaked and the multiple KO's were made based off those official designs. Hence why there were so many version, all incredibly similar and why they came out so fast and so cheap.
    The MP-36 KO's were available from TaoBao sellers for well under $50 a pop. Dinobot's going for twice that. I believe that's because they didn't have to spend a lot of time and effort on Meg's design, they already had the files.
    I believe BW Dinobot had to be reversed engineered. There are currently only two KO's of that character and both seem to have some major flaws.
    Primal hasn't been KO'd at all, nor Cheetor.

In the early days of MP, the figures were a lot simpler and a lot easier to KO. As they've gotten more complex, it's taken longer, the results aren't always as good, and the resultant product tends to cost more. Sunstreaker took quite a while to get KO'd and the result was good but not perfect, and he's the most expensive carbot KO so far.

I don't doubt that 44 will get KO'd. The official is too controversial not to. A KO at half the price will sell amazingly well, even without improvements. But if the KO companies have to reverse engineer the figure, it will take longer, cost more and the results may not be as good as 36's KO's. Unless someone gets there hands on the design files of course.

• Like Like x 3
  13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    @Optimus Dime, I sure hope it is true, and that THF takes a run at it too as well.

Some are stating that it is not a question of if, but when.... And i am still waiting on MP-29+, but got tired and ended up getting KO MP-29...
    And no improved KO Sunstreaker, just a straight not so hot one. I prefer it being official, as not everything i want get improved with good paint / qc does get made in the end.

I am personally hoping for both IT and THF to do an improved KO as a minimum, in case IT fails again like with Dinobot, and THF usually at least insure a nice looking paint app delivers I think at least in terms of the look of the paint app anyways.

And yes, a proper improved KO of MP44 with acceptable paint apps (THF usually delivers in this department) is VERY much wanted, if price is reasonable to me for what they offer. I prefer a version without trailer for lower cost, but i fear that just wont happen unfortunately... even repaint of MP-44 into blue, just the cab with some of the accessories, but no trailer to save costs...

In any case, it will be a very long and painful wait, more than a year, if not two or three, soooo, i'd rather not even think about it for now to be honest, lol. I mean, who knows where i will be in 2 to 3 years.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Repainted KO's seem to take ages to appear. The MP-14+ KO was years in the making. I'm sure the darker Shockwave will arrive eventually but plus releases seem to be an oddly slow prospect. Personally, I'm patiently waiting on Prowl + and Wheeljack +.
    I'm honestly not expecting any improvements on a Sunstreaker KO. So far we've had improved Megatron and improved Magnus. som eminor tweaks to the Seeker mould, and that's about it I think?
    Aside from rubber tyres on carbots and the odd tighter joints (tracks and Seekers) or improved chrome (Ironhide, Ratchet and Hot Rod) improvements aren't a huge thing for MP Ko's, esp carbots.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

The KO Sunstreaker was one of those direct KOs. And there have been plenty of those that had horrible QC. Hell, my KO Sideswipe couldn't even tab together in either mode. My KO Mp36 has super loose gun barrel and nothing actually tabs properly in gun mode.
    My KO Sunstreaker is ok. But paint defects and a bad hip !!??
    But I just pass these off as those average KO that so a direct KO with the box and all.

But when another company pops up out of nowhere and takes a shot at them, all of a sudden, these KO have golden QC that is practically unheard off !! Makes no sense but this is the world of Kos to me.!!

Either way. I think it will be fine, and I suspect that there will be numerous variations of MP44 KO if it happens.

He's just a mold that can't not be repaint hundred times over.

• Like Like x 1
  16. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Perfectly said and agree. KO SS was my first thought too, though from what I read, it didn't start out so great and took many months and copies later to see the improvements being made, specifically the crooked Autobot insignia and the paint flaking or imperfections it had out the box.

I worry with the MP-44 leg bending issue that the KO's will not do much to remedy that issue and will suffer from similar problems as SS did. If IT does do one, they need to be smart about it this time around. Dinobot didn't start off to well with Chinese reviewers already crapping on it before it arrived in US collectors hands.

17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no doubt there'll be plenty of KOs but, after the Dinobot thing, I'm a lot less excited about IT doing him. If they do and it's well reviewed, I'll pick it up but I'm definitely not going to be pre-ordering anything from them anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Optimist Maximus

Optimist Maximus Well-Known Member

As many other customers, I'm not interested in a Straight KO of MP 44. Maybe I'd bite if IT or THF get rid of the backpack and improve the legs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    Mp44 will probably be it-04 and it-03 will probably be BW Megatron

20. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

That's why we need THF to make one too, so they all up their game again. I went with Magten for Megatron, but i would have gone THF otherwise if it had the same silver at the time (or maybe i should have anyways for the better quality vs Magten). For Prime, as I want to transform it if possible, i need the paint to really stick / not scratch, so it would be whichever does it better based on customer reviews.

But that is IF we even get an improved KO from IT / THF...and i am still collecting by that time!!!

• Like Like x 1