Infinite Crises: Secret Files & Origins 2006 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Brilliantly penned by Mr. Marv Wolfman. (Of Crises on Infinite Earths fame) It's main story is called "Heaven" and it makes a fine prequel to the current Infinite Crises. I love how it puts you right into the mindsets of Kal-L, Lois, Alexander and Superboy Prime before they started all the mess that's going on now. At one point you feel sorry for Alexander and his extremely rushed life as he laments for all he's missed out on. Superboy's story kind of tears at the heart-strings when Alexander lets him see his parents and his girlfriend as they are on Earth 1 and then they die in a car wreck and Superboy regrets not being there for them. :(  Pretty ironic that Superboy's punching of reality is what sped up Lois' death. They also give you an eyewitness account of just how Alexander pulled the strings of Superboy to further his plot for finding the perfect Earth. Definitely glad I picked this up.

On a side note, next Saturday I get to meet Marv Wolfman and Geoff Johns at my local comic shop! Hooray for me! :rock 

2. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Apparently, EVERY weird glitch in continuity is now going to be blamed on Superboy Prime punching a wall, if the art in this issue is to be believed.

SO WEAK.

But yeah, great issue overall. I guess Alex Luthor never really had a shot at sanity, considering his non-childhood.

-XCN-

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:

I was raising an eyebrow at the insinuation there as well, that everything that's wrong in the current Earth is Superboy Primes fault, for touching something.

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anything ever strikes you as odd, unfair, or nonsensical, just remember one thing.

It's all because Superboy punched reality. With his fists.

So, kids, don't punch reality. With your fists. You'll only ruin it for everyone.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

*crisis on infinite message boards*

A wizard did it.

6. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Honestly, is it possible to give a satisfactory explanation for all of that?

7. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Probably most fans could have come up with a decent explanation.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i enjoyed it...not sure if it was worth 6 bucks, but i enjoyed it....i didnt pick up that superboys punches were hurting lois, thats cool, and this helps explain why superboy appears in IC 5 with antimonitor armor on...that had always made me confused, but now it works....cant wait for IC 6 now...and then 7...and then...no crisis....but thats ok....

9. Ironhideforever

Ironhideforever Straight Fucking Edge.

In 10 years we can have Kyle Rayner:Rebirth so hopefully something good will come out of all this!