Infiltration #2 - Reviews and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Shanti418, Feb 8, 2006.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    :thumbs2:  worst 9-1/2 issues eh-ver.

Edit: make it 7-1/2, i forgot the first 2 issues of Armada were a promising start, before they got to earth, than it went to hell.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :sly2: 
    Never said they did. But it is a shame that the nicest cover, imo, is the Starscream incentive cover. And thankfully no one pointed a gun to my head and made me drop $20 on it.

3. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I got the cover with the humans, THundercracker, and Blitzwing. As a fan of Burnout, I loved the chase scenes. Seeing Ratchet score a Semi-Truck Takedown was just too cool. It's cool to see some dissention in the Autobot ranks. We have guys liek Prowl that are all by the book, and then Ratchet who seems to have broken a few laws for the greater good. All in all I can't wait until next month. Actually, I can't wait until next week. Razorbeast was my second TF, so seeing him in action will be so cool.

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

It's nice to have a TF comic to read, they are doing a great job so far. I like how the 'cons are undercover as well as the bots. I would like to see that played out a bit more. I'm afraid the whole "in disguise" thing is about to go out the window.

As others said, Runabout and Runamuck's "battle modes (or as I like to think of them, their non-disguised alt-modes) were awesome, and it was great to see a car chase. To me this sort of thing is what they need more of, why have alt modes if you are not going to use them!

This stuff has a very retro feel to it that I really hope it keeps, I'm enjoying this stuff better than I did any of Dreamwave's, don't get me wrong, I liked the DW stuff - but I love IDW's!!! (so far...)

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    What *I'm* loving is the presence of robot modes, and yet the absence of the high-heeled girl feet. YAY

6. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

The last time I had a pull account, I nearly went broke.

These days, unless it's something I REALLY, REALLY want, I don't bother with pulls. I knew TF #2 would have decent distribution, and wanted to see it hands-on before buying (esp. after the last two issues).

Anyway, I went to a different shop and picked up a copy today. Not impressed with the covers (I saw 3 out of 4 on the shelves), but the issue more than made up for it. The art is consistently solid (and sometimes great) for the whole issue; the script writing almost so, except for that canned "woo, we're FREAKS" speech on the cliffside. Verity is still annoying, but giant robot action makes that irrelevant. Also nice to see conflict within the Autobot ranks, for once.

I'm glad to see that the transformations are more physical/realistic. Specifically, the Ratchet/Ironhide chest transformation makes complete sense -- I want a toy based on that NOW.

-XCN-

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

It said in the back they are reprinting the DW editions of G1?

8. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Yeah. I can't see why personally, unless it's to remind people just how bad it was and that they should be picking up the new series instead... possibly part of a "split the profits" deal with Hasbro to try to recoup some of the Dreamwave losses.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just got it. i feel the story is getting better. the pace is picking up and the characters are piling up. i liked the subtle characterization in between action scenes (like how verity refused o'nion's hand as they left the garage).

just nitpicking; i dont like the way they stamped bot logos ad hoc on the alt modes, most noticeable towards the end, and that friggin giant decept sign on that hillside. just felt forced, tho understandable to help new readers.

i will be buying the marvel reprints with the new cover. i'm hoping they are recolored internally too. i liked warrior school and the following issue as drawned by william johnson very much.

thank you, have a nice day.

10. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

My sentiments exactly. My one complaint would be that Su needs some work drawing people, but I do like the robot modes quite a bit. The writing is also a lot fresher than I expected from Furman at this point.

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think he draws people, okay. at least he makes an effort to make people look distinct. maybe some of you guys dont dig the manga influence?

12. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

I don't read much anime, but I do read a fair number of webcomics in which anime stylings are occasionally used for emphasis... it's quite nice to see that reflected in a mainstream comic, IMO. The TFs deliver the gritty and/or realism, so no complaints here...

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Just picked up issues 1 and 2 a couple of days ago, looks pretty good so far. The story is off to a bit of a sluggish pace so far, but I suspect its just to build up the story, universe, characters etc... its going to be interesting to see were they end up taking this over the next year, ether way I cant wait for more. The arts a little hard to get used to as well but for me its no biggie as long as the story is there.

Hopefully it really starts to pick up in the next couple of issues but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far so no complaints :thumb