In your opinion, Fort Max or Mightron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by slochmoeller, Sep 30, 2016.

1. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

This discussion involves both an official product and a third party product, so I'm putting it here.

This october, I may have the money for one Big ticket Transformer product, and I was wondering about people's opinions. I've basically come down between TR Fort Max and Mightron.

With Fort Max, I was gonna skip it despite loving pretty much the rest of the TR line because I thought his city mode was kind of lame, a step back from Gen Metroplex and not nearly as good as original fort max. But I've been seeing fan modes of the guy that look a lot better, I like the look of cerebros, and having a huge base for my other figures to clambor over is definitely appealing. His reprolabels set also seems to add a lot. (for the record, I'm only eyeing US retail Fort Max, as the other options are too expensive for me at the moment.)

But I'm also considering Mightron. Now, I'm not much of a Masterpiece collector, getting only a handful of pieces that interest me. (MP-01, MP-10, Prowl, Bumblebee, Star Saber and from the third party side, Carry.) I understand the want for a g1-y Megatron, but all the options up till now just didn't interest me. Official Masterpiece megs is lame, apollyon looks like a frustrating mess, Hegemon didn't do it for me. But despotron and Mightron seemed like a step up from previous efforts, and after watching reviews I think Mightron is the way to go. Better look, and a reasonably complex transformation that doesn't look overly frustrating. Plus he looks like he would be actually fun to mess with in hand, and playability is definitly one of my priorities in my collecting. I'm also partial to Mightron because I really liked DX9's carry and think they are a solid company.

So, between these two, what do you think?

2. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MakeToys Despotron

• Like Like x 1
  3. slochmoeller

I didn't choose between the two lightly, and watched several reviews of both despotron and Mightron. But I am curious why you like Despotron over Mightron. (One thing I will admit going for Despotron is that it has more swappable face options that I enjoy, but I think Mightron is better over all.)

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Fort Max. If that leaked pic of MP Megatron v2 is legit there would be no need for an 3rd party figure.

5. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Easy decision for me. I say Mightron. He's the best looking MP-Style Megatron on the market right now in an area sorely needing an upgrade.

I'm not really a fan of Fort Max. I don't like gigantic, clunky, ratchety figures with lame lights and sounds gimmicks. They take up too much space and they're not much fun to take out and mess with.

The only Titan Class figure I'll probably ever own is Devastator and that's only because I absolutely adore the character. Plus he's aces with a couple of the upgrade kits.

6. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me personally I just prefer the swappable faces on Despotron they are more expressive than what we normally see for MP and MP alikes also I am not a big fan of Mightron's face. And overall I prefer the look of Despotron slightly more. Though I should note that I don't own either one, yet. But if you prefer Mightron then go with that one.

7. slochmoeller

I did consider this. But we don't have any details on Megs 2.0 yet. And from what I've seen, G1 megs seems to be an unusually hard character to capture in toy form. And if in my opinion Mightron does it right, it just makes sense to jump on it. Rather than wait for an official product that may not be as good.

sigh, yeah those are also factors for me against fort max. I like Gen Metroplex, but I get the most fun out of him in city mode where I can pop all my scouts and legends on him. I don't really even like displaying him in bot mode, because, who does he even scale with? (When Trypticon comes that may be another story.) So I am leaning towards Mightron.

I also rally like CW Devastator, even knowing that his individual bot modes were compromised for the combined mode. Plus he feels unique an less "boring" than a lot of the other CW combiners.

8. Dachande

Dachande Pleasure Toast Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Total agreement.
    If you want to pick up a big ticket item, flip for the SDCC or retail Fort Max. A new MP Megatron will be out eventually, so patience on that front will pay off.

9. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tr fort max

10. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I haven't had as much fun with a figure as I've had with TR Fort Max; ever.

The variation of city modes is simply incredible. I've posted about 5 or 6 super solid ones myself. (search for em)

...and that's ALL before any official upgrades are released. (although I have my Shapeways adapters enroute as we speak) :) 

11. slochmoeller

Ooh, what are the shapeways adaptors for? I haven't heard of them.

But yeah, your alt city modes are pretty much what put TR max back in the running for me.

12. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Werd! :) 

...yeah the adapters are for taking off the existing ramps, re-pinning these adapters, and then securing the original G1 ramps to it.

Pretty dope.

13. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

MT Despotron. I have him and Fort Max. Something seems off to me for Mightron and Despotron cleans up better. But it comes down to personal preference in the end. I would only recommend Fort Max over him if you have kids who play with Transformers,

14. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Do you have a link for the Shapeways adapters?

15. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Fort Max.
    If that MP Megatron leak is of any substance, he'll be coming out late next year and be a much better companion piece with MP-10. You

16. slochmoeller

But I actually play with my transformers! Not just pose them and put them on a shelf! I've had a ton of fun with PMOP, Blaster and Soundwave's base modes, populating them with Titan masters and arming them up with weapons and arranging the deluxes around them. That's what the appeal of Tr max is to me: taking that to the next level.

Man am I torn!

• Like Like x 1
  17. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    This. Biggest regrets in buying third party is that Hasbro/TT generally is coming in with better product post-purchase. Just be patient.

18. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Fort Max then. No brainer.

19. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

20. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I will always support NOT supporting IP theft.

Fort Max!