In what movie were the Decepticons the scariest?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by reep15, Oct 3, 2011.

?

What movie are the Decepticons the scariest?

1. Transformers

34 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. Revenge of the Fallen

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Dark of the Moon

69 vote(s)
    63.9%
  1. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

DOTM. They gave the impression of a scary alien invasion and that they were capable of killing people and destroying whole cities.

2. Egami

Egami Active Member

Definitely DOTM...

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Tied between movie 1 and DOTM. In transformers, blackout alone took out the entire base and everyone in it. then scorpinok..... "this thing is wicked!" remember when he impaled the guy with the glasses and flung him around? then frenzy was crazy with those sharp disk-stars killing people. megatron's rage surly killed a few Sector seven workers(if you look closely some met their fate by his wrecking ball of doom, and some fell into explosions and to their death).

In DOTM, the decepticons are sneaky as lazerbeak tricks a young girl into thinking she has a play date, only to turn into a date with death. then he killed Wang. The invasion scene was creepy seeing as people were just exploding into dust when they got shot and dead burning corpses can be seen through that train. they had air ships that took people out with ease to the point that all was left were smoking skulls and clothes.

what about ROTF? reedmen and ravage were the only scary ones. i mean as if ravage isn't enough,(a very fast robotic cat with very big guns), you would NOT want to even be in reedmen's presence because once you realize you are, its already too late(as demonstrated by that doomed soldier).

in all the movies, the Cons mean serious sh*t.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

^There was Alice, too.

You know that hot chick that's totally into you? Oh yeah, she is an alien monster that will kill you. painfully. Or maybe not, you'll never know until you see a large metallic tail hanging you quickly while she turns into a fucking nightmarish metallic body.

5. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    ...Maybe being forever alone isn't all that bad...

6. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

It is tie between 1 and 3. TF1 was the only film where the main villain from the decepticons side, when megatron not only could physically over power optimus to the point where he could have killed prime, basically the same as when sentinel was doing it to optimus in their final fight.

And DOTM when they brought cybertron to earth, and of course invading earth

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    DOTM. We didn't really see them exterminate humans in the other movies.

8. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    I have to say Dark of the Moon; Laserbeak's scenes and the Chicago massacre were freaking terrifying. The first movie has its moments as well, with Megatron's presence in the final fight (especially when he rips Jazz in half and chases Sam) and Blackout's attack on the SOCCENT Forward Operating Base. Even Revenge of the Fallen has them, with Megatron's scene in the warehouse, just before Optimus and Bumblebee bust in.

9. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    This.

Yeah, I'm just glad that - OH CRAP THERE'S ONE NOW! :lol 

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    TF1.

When the Decepticon we a real threat.

Only Laserbeak is scary in DOTM.

11. Shocktron

Shocktron Well-Known Member

What I always found funny about that scene was how Donnelly was never mentioned again in the franchise after that. It was like:

"Hey, Alex! Let's kill off the glasses-wearing guy with the Boston accent and never talk about him again!"

"Great idea, Robert!"

Holy fuck, this. Especially the part where the girl's father tried to negotiate with Laserbeak and got killed offscreen a few seconds later. Brrrr...

12. abc55abc55

abc55abc55 Banned

Megatron in DOTM. Look at him, he has spike things everywhere.

13. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

You know what makes this scene creepy? Is not what they show, but what they DON'T show, they just show us Laserbeak entering, we never see anything because the screen keeps cutting to black, so we are left to assume what happened from the sounds of the screams and our grimm imagination can fill the rest, that's the worst kind of creepy: The creepyness that drags your daaaarkest thoughts in.

That shit was Nightmare Fuel I tell you, NIGHTMARE FUEL.

Me? Two years ago? I'd have spent months without sleep after that. Good thing I've developed a natural defense against Nightmare Fu--

[​IMG]

--AAAH, GO AWAY, GO AWAY! *cries*

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dark of the Moon, no contest. Laserbeak could literally take the form of everything so he could be anywhere. That scene with the little girl and pink Bumblebee was goddamn creepy. And then there's suddenly the reveal that Soundwave is Carly's car and almost tentacle murders her. And in DOTM, the Decepticons were actually explicitly shown vaporizing people and skulls flying out. It legitimately shocked me the first time I saw the movie. I was thinking, "woah, what the hell? They're actually killing people?" The only thing close to gory in ROTF was Reedman shredding through that military guy's torso and blood going on the camera.

DOTM actually felt like a real alien takeover movie instead of a couple of robots invading an area.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think I'm going to have to give the edge to the first film.

Up until about the last act when they had to start with the worn out film cliche of the human spirit can defeat everything in the universe the Cons are kind of looking like a real threat.

Blackout slaps around a military base on his own, Scorpie is out hunting down a highly trained unit like they were teens in a horror film, Barricade is all in Sam's face to the point of thinking Sam is going to have to change his underwear, Bonecrusher almost seems like an even fight for Prime, Megatron is taunting Sam, and Starscream has the idea of air superiority.

The threat even seems like something the Cons could pull off because we don't know if Megatron can really do whatever it is that he hopes to do with All Spark. Or even if he did get the All Spark maybe that would be the set up for another film.

By the third film it just kind of felt like the Cons were such losers that even with taking out some random humans they really weren't that much of a threat because they would be easily beaten like the other times.

16. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Dark of the Moon, for previously mentioned reasons. Laserbeak was creepy, in the way he controlled others and in the way he infiltrated. "Is your daddy home?" Is a goddamn terrifying line and you know it. Not only that, but he turns into a pink bumblebee... he turns pink to trick a little girl into playing with him. They didn't need a helicopter to destroy a military base, nor did they need thousands of nanobots that could turn into a blade-thin creature, they just needed a pink bumblebee. That scene just creeped me out.

Honestly, was I not the only one that thought the DC invasion was scary? You see protoforms fly through the streets, turning into cop cars, dump trucks, and fire trucks... The implications of this scene are frightening. I just remembered thinking, "Oh my god, what if DC gets lit on fire and you have Decepticons disguised as fire trucks just riding through the streets, people thinking they're going to help... It was pretty discomforting.

Also, the seal the city scene. While his use of cuts to black is pretty blatant, it was deliciously atmospheric. It's just terrible to think that you have nowhere to run- the skies were filled with fighters, the ground had Decepticons disguised as normal cars and trucks just destroying them. They didn't care about casualties. It was the first true brutality those cons ever showed.

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Oh scary. Sorry, I voted TF1. They were the strongest but not that scary. DOTM had scary Decepticons because we were unable to fight them and they were killing humans.

Also Laserbeak!

18. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I may go with the first film now, just because the plan megatron put together he would use the cube to create a huge army of decepticons that would be bigger than saurons and darth vaders army's. I wound not be surprised if he was going to use this army to overtake the fallen, and with sentinel these 2 would use this army along with the pillars in DOTM to completely overtake earth

19. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Ash...you are my Faaaavorite...but my superiors need me to...Sssuiside you...

20. Shocktron

Shocktron Well-Known Member

Oi! Get out of here! *Whacks Laserbeak with shovel and chases him away* Aaaaaand STAY OUT! Creepy bastard...