In Tokyo! Where to go??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mooge, Aug 11, 2010.

1. mooge

mooge Member

Hey everyone - I am in Tokyo for a couple weeks and was hoping some members could point me in the right direction. Where is the best place to go for Transformers here? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks everyone!
    -Mooge

2. jon

jon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spent two years in Okinawa and been to mainland twice. Where exactly in Tokyo are you at? I could help you plan some routes out that way. Akiabara, Tokyo, Japan AKIABARRA! It's a anime shrine. It's basically a whole street of just old toy stores and anime stores. When I was there last year I found a lot of ROTF chine toys there and a lot of vintage Transformers. Another place to go is of course Toys R Us to get some sweet Japanese Animated and Alternity at retail. There's a 5 or 6 story toy store I'm looking for right now that's in Japan as well. I went there years ago and got my Book Style Megatron there.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
  4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Uh, Jon, its Akihabara. But yes, that's where you want to go, mooge. Just keep in mind that some of the stores are not for minors.

5. jon

jon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My bad. Haven't been there in a year and just went off that website's spelling. It's a foreign language. It's cool.

6. teruo kaiba

teruo kaiba Made In Japan

I go to Tokyo every 3 years since I was a kid and over the years I've found the best deals In akihabara.

If you are looking for current line figures, try yodobashi (they have a number of locations). The only problem is they probably don't have as many transformers as you might think they would.

For older figures try your luck at the smaller shops specifically the cubical type stores. Sometimes you can get very lucky and find a good deal. Be warned even within the same store look around because sometimes the same figure isn't priced the same. Also just to note there are several figures not suitable for children. Walk around the area as there are a number of stores here to explore.

There is a toys r us at the sunshine city mall as well.

7. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Try the Mandarake outlets in Nakano Broadway and Akihabara.