In this topic, I will watch, rate and comment on every G1 episode.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MetaRidleyX, Nov 22, 2008.

1. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Bumblejazz:

I loathe streaming full episodes of anything...it's so annyoing.

Optimus62:

Yay more fans!

Now I really must be off...goodbye for now.

2. X-Brawn

X-Brawn Well-Known Member

For the record, I'm guessing you're watching the Rhino DVDs, as you had mentioned that the snow was falling UP. I have a few of the original fhe VHS tapes, and I can assure you that the snow was falling DOWN on those (I'll have to break the tapes out to check though).

Also, in Fire on the Mountain, you've seen Trailbreaker before. He was in the second episode where Sam, errr, Spike and Sparkplug were hanging out eavesdropping on the Decepticons. He was the one who said "I'm not built for speed..." . You're just not used to seeing him BRIGHT RED, which was another animation error.

I sure hope that someone else releases a set of G1 DVDs (or Blu Ray discs). Rhino screwed up something fierce. Just wait until you get to Heavy Metal War, almost half the episode is missing (the whole ep is there, but there's missing background elements, missing laser fire, scenes that "had to be replaced", etc. Argh.)

Also, I think the Season 2 eps are in production order instead of airing order, so some things may not make sense storywise (characters showing up before they're supposed to.)

3. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Season 1 Episode 11: The Ultimate Doom pt1: Brainwash

Rating:
    90/100: This episode was very, very, very, very, VERY good. Espeically for the beginning of a 3-parter. It had a good plot, it introduce a evil human character like in Animated which I enjoyed and even forced Optimus Prime to make a tough choice which I always love to see a hero do.

Now let's just hope the other two parts to this are as good as this one.

Comments:

-That's very nice of that leader to do that for his people.....though you gotta wonder what brought it on.

-............waterski's...really? I thought they go all speed racer on us when it came to crossing water bodies.

-Who the fuck is this Doctor Arkeville and why does Megatron know him and not killing him...this doesn't make any sense.

-Deceptikitty...I swear to god Sparkplug you are slowly becoming my most hated character.

-"The decepticons have captured my dad" Thank you for stating the obvious Spike.

-Did the 80s really have the type of technology to give someone a robotic hand...that must have been Decepticon work or something to that effect.

-Dammit, Sparkplug don't you know that hitting random buttons NEVER helps...ever.

-....Does the mind control chip give Sparkplug super strength as well? I mean he took down Optimus Model like it was cardboard.

-Jazz should not quit his day job when it comes to poetry.

-Bumblebee caught that missile in MID-AIR that is pretty awesome.

-Dammit, Sparkplug listen to Ratchet like your supposed to.

-What the hell did Spike just trip over....the ground?

-Where does Arkeville keep all these camera's they seem to be everywhere at once?

-Fire-******ed form.....this is one of those times I'm just gonna nod and agree.

-What the hell are energy pylons?

-Ok, ok they want to teleport Cybertron to earth just to get more energon....Megatron your so crazy you make the Joker look like Agent Smith.

-That's their alarm system having Thundercracker yell "Autobots"...that's just dumb.

-The humans are using BRANCHES to attack the autobots. Dr. Arkeville must have not have given knowledge of weapons that actually work against robots.

-"Fat Chance Fathead" Optimus should really use some better humans quotes like "No chance in hell" that would have been more appropriate.

-OPTIMUS IS ACTUALLY DOING IT...THIS IS CRAZY...and AWESOME!

So yeah this episode was awesome and crazy. Now since I didn't review an episode yesterday sometime during the weekend I will review two episodes during the day instead of one....Enjoy!

4. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

Great review. I look forward to your reviews of the next two parts. Keep up the good work.

5. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Lol, it had transforming alien robots and good human characters like in Animated, as well!

G1 is a total rip off. ;) 

Just kidding, I love reading seeing someone delve into the roots for the first time.

I'm going through the Unicron Trilogy now. I wish we could swap places so I could watch G1 for the first time.

6. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
  7. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

Thats going to take you about a few weeks to do

8. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

I always though Optimus bring Cybertron to Earth was just stupid.
    I mean, throughout season 1 and 2... Aww heck, I can't ruin for you...

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Get used to new characters showing up without being introduced or given an origin story.

And as far as Reflector goes and how he is three robots who transform into one camera, just look at his toy.

http://www.unicron.us/tf1986/figures/reflector.htm

Remember that the toys were created years before the cartoon so the change in appearance is the cartoon's fault, not the toys.

10. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Season 1 Episode 11: The Ultimate Doom pt2: Search

Rating:
    70/100: This episode was good on it's own but it just doesn't compare to the previous episode. It was very slow-paced and I felt there wasn't enough random destruction to earth because of Cybertron coming into the earth's orbit but I guess this is how all 2 of 3 parters feel like. Expanding the storyline but not enough for it to be satisfying.

Comments:

-I'm trying to figure out if the mind control chip is an actual MC chip or just a chip that intensifies the evil urges man has deep down inside of him...I think I'm thinking to far into this.

-Thundercracker shot out pure fire....that's awesome.

-Blundercracker...never change Jazz...never change.

-Audio Disruptor Waves.......how much stuff can he do by hitting that eject button?

-Doctor Arkeville looks more ape-like then most humans...I guess in return for evil genius-ness he's lower on the evolution chain then most people.

-Woo! Minorities, Megatron doesn't discriminate.

-....Bumblebee continues to prove he is the worst transformer ever I mean who has ever heard of a transformer that get's a FLAT TIRE.

-What the hell was Spike steeping on when he tried to push up Bumblebee?

-Bulian buzzard?.....What?

-EPIC CATCH by Hound.

-"It looked like someone mugged your manifold"....once again....WHAT?

-Can Doctor Arkeville not move his non-robotic arm since he seems to be holding it up when he's pointing at Skywarp.

-YAY! Random things collapsing.

-Wow, Grimlock is an uncaring bastard...but that's why we love him.

-Everything is the autobot base is collapsing, oh crap.

-Wow, the metal of autobots must be made of adamantium or something to be able to survive being blasted out of a volcano.

-Skyfire's puns suck...horribly.

-This episode is incredibly slow paced.

-I wonder what the max number of 'bots Skyfire can hold is.

-Why is there ventilator shafts on Cybertron if robots don't breathe?

-Wow, whoever designed that room must have been an idiot to put HYPNO CHIP CONTROL in big letters as soon as someone walks in.

-Stop trying to solve your problems with reasoning Spike, you should learn to solve your problems with punching...that's how everyone else does it.

So yeah this episode was okay. Enjoy!

P.S I have to go get a root canal tomorrow so depending on how much pain I am in I may or may not get an review out tomorrow....hopefully it won't be as bad as I think it is and I will be fine to do a review.

11. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Why is no one posting....oh well....root canal went fine next review up sometime soon.

12. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

I wonder why no one has posted since the last review...did I do something wrong? Neverthless, I will not stop purely because people do not post! Oh no it will take much more then that to keep me down so let's start the show.

Season 1 Episode 12: The Ultimate Doom pt3: Revival

Rating:
    80/100: I have to go so this review is going to be quick....good resolution to a good 3 parter....animation flaws were funny enough for me to not care.

Comments:

-Wow, I never knew Shockwave was so big, I mean he towers over Brawn and Bumblebee.

-Wow, Brawn just took out 3 Decepticons like they were nothing, you've gotta love constantly shifting strength in 80s cartoons.

-I don't know why but it seems like a lot of the audio of when Spike is talking seems to be desynched.

-Shockwave's gun mode is just so cool in so many way I can't even begin to describe them all.

-I like when Wheeljack said "diabolical" it sounded funny after saying all that hypno mumbo-jumbo.

-When the hell did the Autobots get surf boards and why would they need them in the first place? It's not like they can't just drive under water.

-Autobots riding tsunami wave FTW!

-Rumble is just a huge jerk in every way possible and I hope he dies in a fire.

-a Nickle Knuckle-Sandwich...so does that mean Iron Hide is made out of nickel?

-Spike still run's like an idiot...a funny idiot but still an idiot.

-Wow, that guns actually looks like a pistol with a silencer...that is very surprising for an 80s cartoon.

-KODAK MOMENT HURRAY!

-I not even sure Starscream knew what he was doing trying to get brain energy from the doctor.

-"We got a problem Optimus, Ratchet's face is gone! What are we going to do?" Oh animation errors how I love thee.

-It's Tarzanbot he swings like no other autobot can! Bumblebee actually did something cool taking out Rumble that way.

-Once again Spike proves how super strong he is by lifting Optimus's gun and using it.

-I keep wondering why Megatron keeps using the term "avenged" he's not dead or anything.

Well, here's the episode a good three parter all in all. Now tomorrow we go back to the normal sized titles instead of super long ones. Enjoy!

13. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Met, this the most forum-reading fun I've had in a long time. Thanks for this. I'm actually interested in watching all of the G1 episodes again! :thumbs2: 

14. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, don't stop! I'm enjoying this, even if I'm not posting much!

I guess they should have named him Nickelback.

Maybe they were going for a more toy-accurate look :lol 

15. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

rotfl!

16. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Oh, no, no, no! Having no prior TF experience is what makes this so great. Remember when you were at this stage?

If someone can make it through G1 unscathed, without learning all of the "history" and "science" contrived to explain away some of its jaw-dropping plot holes and stunning flaws, that person will be a fan for life!

17. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Myself, I was just waiting for you to finish all three parts. Glad to hear the root canal went well. It's one of those things that usually hurts more before you get it done.

Shockwave's alt form is indeed really sweet. I still remember seeing the commercial for the first time that introduced him and Jetfire (Skyfire). They show this wicked huge Transformer jet (an Autobot jet none the less) and then some kid shows off his GIANT FREAKIN' LASER GUN THAT MAKES NOISE. Way too much cool for a thirty second commercial. EDIT: Found it.

The issues with relative strength and capacity seems to change to suit the writer's needs. Sometimes Jetfire and Astrotrain (and later, Cyclonus) are super huge and can carry other Transformers inside them and sometimes they're just regular size vehicles. Sometimes Bumblebee is super strong and most of the times it's a wonder he can lift his own head. Sometimes Perceptor is absolutely useless and sometimes he's...never mind, bad example.

18. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I had one about two weeks ago... not much worse than a filling really, apart from half a dozen jabs with the novacaine needle, and a sore jaw for a week. They didn't have to tie me down or anything like that. :eek: 

It's been fun to read a first-timer's reviews. I havent' seen some of these episodes since I was a kid, but oddly enough they've stuck in my memory well enough that I remember quite a bit as you describe them.

19. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    Sweet f^&#ing asscrackers, I can't get away from that friggin' band no matter where I go!

Curse you Chad Kroeger and your douchy name and your omnipresent band!!!

This is still the best thread ever.

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Transformers Cartoon Bloopers

I really do recommend you read the bloopers on each episode (unfortunately, it doesn't look like this list will ever get updated again). Its written in an informative, humorous and interesting way. But yeah, everyone should read it.