In this topic, I will watch, rate and comment on every G1 episode.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MetaRidleyX, Nov 22, 2008.

1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    yah that episode gives he headaches trying to follow it XD

2. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I like both "A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court" and "Forever is a long time coming".
    Well, to each their own.

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yeah. I have to disagree with the notion that "not liking the time travel cliche -- automatically a bad episode -- not worth writing a proper review for", a proper review can still be written for something you don't like instead of "hate it... hate it..." I have a feeling we're not getting your full thoughts on why you hate this particular episode, just that you do.

4. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Well, Deception Raider I just don't like because I don't like it. This episode was honest to god, the most confusing thing I've ever watched next to an episode of LOST. Everyone was all over the place, you couldn't tell where everyone was since the backgrounds were mostly the same. And the whole of reality collapsing thing would have been a lot cooler if they didn't tell you about it right before it happens.

Also, Beast Wars is a huge Time Travel episode in the same way that Mythbusters is a "science" show, it does involve science but it's more about the explosions then anything else.

....Does the analogy suck as much as I think it does?

5. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

What did you think of Beta? Of learning that A3 = Alpha Trion? Of what Cybertron was like during the Great Rebellion? This ep is more or less a sequel to War Dawn (from the Aerialbots pov) which was another time travel ep that wasn't hard to understand so what made this one hard to follow exactly?

I like time travel eps. I understand them just fine.

6. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Aerial Assault was cool because even though it was time travel in the sense that they went to the past and stayed in the past until the end of the episode. "Forever is a long time coming" is different because if focuses on two separate points of time, the distant past and the present and since they both take place in space it was really hard to tell when they went from the past and the present.

The best way to describe it is that I only like Time Travel as a plot device and not as an actual plot....if that makes sense.

7. Spearhead

Spearhead NEVER!

Uhm... what? How was it that hard to follow? The past was on Cybertron the whole time, the present was on an asteroid... far as i remember, and they only changed twice, one at relatively the beginning, the other time far at the end. No offense intended to you, but i just don't see the big problem.

And also: i think you mean War Dawn, not Aerial Assault ;) 
    In which as far as i remember they also switched from past to present once or twice

8. Fairlady_Z

Okay, gotcha. Thanks for answering my question Meta.

9. New Soundwave

New Soundwave SUXXOR

IMO your episode rating is too low, but I appreciate your honesty

10. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I think the part that bothered me about the episode (other than it's pretty obvious from the start that A3 is Alpha Trion) is that Superion knows that A3 is Alpha Trion, but the Arielbots don't.

It was hard to tell when someone transported to the past or to the present(?),um past(?), um future(?), um past-future(?), 2005 (!) because they never actually went through the gate. Some were transported in the general vicinity of the gate and others walked right up to the gate and stayed where they were.

Story wise, nothing happened. Quintessons are messing with time travel. Autobots show up. Some go the past. The Quintessons return and argue with the Autobots for a bit. The autobots from the past return. They blow up the gate. Roll credits. With the exception of seeing an army of Omega Supremes (Guardians), there's nothing good about the episode.

11. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Next Review Today!

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Surprise Party?

13. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Season 3 Episode 10: Starscream's Ghost

Rating:

70/100: I like Starscream, I like ghosts, and I like Octane so this episode wins.

Comments:

-So, that's Octane...he doesn't seem that bad of a Decepticon.

-Octane has a sense of smell...interesting....

-Who is this orange 'bot and why is he so pretentious?

-I guess triple-changers get along better with other triple-changers then other transformers.

-So, now transformers eat and have discounts..double interesting.

-Ha, that alien just ate the gun.

-This assassin is the worst assassin since.......Altair from Assassin's Creed.

-.....that pig alien....is something, somewhere in between dumb and stupid.

-Why does Octane keep tripping on things?

-...so the Decepticon have a memorial to? That's amusing...I guess it shows the deceptions nicer side.

-...So Starscream is so awesome that he forced himself back to life...I approve.

-The sweeps are....lame....Cyclonus is awesome.

-Cyclonus get's pissed if your not a warrior...and that's why we like him so much.

-Hearing Starscream's voice come out of Cyclonus's mouth is one of the creepiest things I've seen.

-Cyclonus doesn't laugh manically nearly as much as he should.

-Ha, Starscream and his sarcasm....you don't hear it often enough.

-Starscream is a devious planner even in death...that's hilariously awesome.

-Well, this is kinda of an odd fight...espeically with it being so badly animated.

-I love Galvatron's reaction to it being Starscream "Okay, I'll just kill you again"

-And of course Starscream takes control of a sweeps....awesome.

Enjoy!

14. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

i think ghost in the machine was the better of the two. i'll have to refresh my memory on this one tho. what's up next?

15. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Did you notice that Starscream/Cyclonus and Octane say each others lines near the end?

Not his fault. The freaking rock literally jumped in front of him to trip him up.

Sandstorm. His origin episode comes later in "Fight or Flee".

I use this list - http://zobovor.tripod.com/bloopers_cartoon.html

Watch Ghost in the Machine next as Starscream doesn't show up again until that episode.

16. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

The episodes originally aired out of order. Since you're viewing them in the original order, you get to experience the introduction of Sandstorm after you've already seen him.

The setup for Starscream's Ghost (Carnage in C-Minor) doesn't occur for another 7 episodes and Sandstorm doesn't get introduced until another 4 episodes after that.

In fact, Carnage in C-Minor is also the set up for the following episode as well (Thief in the Night).

17. Fairlady_Z

I'm not sure how you jumped from Dark Awakening to Forever is a Long Time Coming to Starscream's Ghost.

Episode order
    Dark Awakening
    Surprise Party
    Madman's Paradise
    Webworld
    Carnage in C Minor
    Forever is a Long Time Coming
    Fight or Flee - which intoduces the orgage bot Sandstorm
    Thief in the Night - which sets up octane's exile from the Decepticons
    Starscream's Ghost
    Ghost in the Machine - more of Starscream's ghostly antics, which should also be the first episode on the last Rhino box set
    Dweller in the Depths

You might want to go back and watch in order everthing you missed in between. What episode guide are you following for season 3?

Starscream's Ghost is a cool ep btw, very creepy. Nice review.

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Its the same order Zobovor has the episodes listed (see link above).

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is the correct order for all the episodes? I was watching season 2 the other day and saw the Combaticons appear before their official creation... weird.....

20. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

I'm following the way it's listed on TFwiki.