In this topic, I will watch, rate and comment on every G1 episode.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MetaRidleyX, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Ah, you're a bit young maybe. Try getting hold of a 5 1/4 inch floppy disc and seeing how easy it is to tear it to shreds. :wink: 

And Chip does have other powers. I think you've got Divide And Conquer up next, so I won't spoil it.

2. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

I'm so, so, so very sorry everyone for not reviewing an episode yesterday...I kinda lost track of time....but never fear all 5 people of my readership the next episode will be reviewed within the hour and the next episode will be up sometime this afternoon.

I promise

<_< I'm also sorry once again for not doing one yesterday.

3. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Season 1 Episode 6: Divide and Conquer

Rating:

90/100: This episode was the first episode with "drama" in it with the whole "is Optimus going to die" plot, this was also the first episode the autobots went back to cybertron which was extremely enjoyable to watch though the cybertron vehicles still look weird as hell. I also like this episode because of Prime's DRAMATIC ENTRANCE at the end of it. I took off points purely because of Rumble's horrible line which you will see in the comments.

Comments:

-The humans are actually making weapons to fight the decepticons...wow times sure have changed I mean the humans in A/E/C didn't do much of anything other then be annoying.

-"Humans run funny don't they Starscream?" Yes, yes we do Thundercracker.

-So, their weapons they are using against the 'cons are lasers...well, I guess that makes sense.

-That black scientist has an awesome afro

-Dammit Starscream, if you didn't starve for attention so much they would have been out of there before the autobots even knew you were there.

-How the hell did chip know that the missile was heat-seeking when Optimus Prime gives off no heat whatsoever.

-Heh, thinking Optimus Prime is going to die...that doesn't happen till the movie.

-laser core....I guess they didn't think of spark until later.

-Wow, I thought for sure they said he was going to explode...but this Optimus Prime we are talking about, he could take a nuke to the face and probably survive it.

-72 BILLION astroseconds....that must be like 72 hours...or something that has to do with 72...crazy machines and their method of telling time.

-Starscream was going to bash them with a tree?! when he could use laser beams....either Starscream knows he's a bad shot or he's just stupid.

-Did IronHide always have a freeze gun?

-Why would the 'cons keep liquid nitrogen just hanging on a wall?...I guess Shockwave doesn't pay attention to the small things.

-And so we have the return of the crazy cybertron vehicles....hurray!

-Acid rain...OH GOD EVERYONE IS...wait....why isn't Chip affected by it sure, he's not a robot but it's still acid and that usually burns through EVERYTHING....I guess is secretly a cyborg from the future or something along those lines.

-God, Bumblebee is so negative...though you can say Chip is a little bit to positive.

-Is there like a joke I'm missing or something? It's like the autobots (and chip) are going out of their way to not say "Transform and Roll Out"

-Spike must be very strong to be able to hold that autobot gun.

-"So you want rumble with Rumble eh?" I can't believe Rumble just said that.

-Optimus Prime just made a DRAMATIC ENTRANCE which is how every good hero should make all their entrances.

-Oh Starscream you will do anything to make Megatron look bad.

So, yea I hope you all enjoy as usual...I'm still waiting to review the episode where the Dinobots show up.

(Next episode will be up sometime this afternoon.

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Courage!"

5. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I personally loved this line!

6. Optimus Sledge

Oh, you're going to LOVE G1. :D 

7. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

-Now you know why all us old timers hated the kids in A/E/C.
    -Prime must give off some heat when turns energon into kinetic energy.
    -The writers apparently hadn't settled on a saying yet. Don't worry, once they start saying it, they won't stop.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Yep, expect to see more of it.

Take a drink everytime Starscream screws up and you'll be dead before the movie.

A giant moving transforming robot has to give off heat.

Sparks are an invention of Beast Wars, so no series before has any reference to them.

Similarly if you take a drink everytime a human character does something far, far beyond the realm of human capabilities, you'll be dead before the season is over.

It's a development thing. Transform and Roll Out wasn't a catchphrase at the start. If you're jonesing to hear it, you will later on. A lot. Even if it's not really applicable.

Pfft. Silly statements, drink, dead, end of season.

Wow, you're just eager for the Dinobots eh?

9. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Season 1 Episode 7: Fire In The Sky

Rating:
    90/100: I'm immediately docking points because of snow was falling up at the beginning but other then this episode was very good, it introduced a new character that was based off of SCIENCE and it then proceeding killing him I guess that's what happens when you mess around with SCIENCE. Also the duel between Optimus and Megatron using pieces of the earth core was epic.

Comments:

-WHY IS IT SNOWING UP?

-Oh god so many snow/ice puns it's feels like I'm watching Batman&Robin.

-Snowball fight...in JULY....in the middle of the desert....did Mother Nature take a day off?

-Oh yes Skywarp insult the guy who can make earthquakes that's a smart thing to do.

-Somethings struck in the ice...I bet that's where they got the idea to freeze Movie Megatron.

-THEY FINALLY SAID IT "Transform and Roll Out" it took them long enough to get the catchphrase right.

-1 Billion volts.....that's a little bit extreme isn't it Starscream?

-Hmmm...I wonder why Starscream has never before mentioned that he has been to earth before?...I'll go with that this all part Starscream's plan to rule the decepticons.

-THE AUTOBOTS DROVE TO THE ARCTIC CIRCLE....that's just crazy.

-I find it very odd that Starscream was a scientist before being a decepticon it just doesn't fit with his personality.

-Skyfire is an interesting character I'll give him that, also his symbol keeps being shown as red and barley ever as purple...I'm going to say that what's it's supposed to be and not purple.

-Dammit, Ironhide your so fat you ruined everything.

-YAY, the trailer bot (Roller I believe) does something.

-Megatron and Optimus are fighting using pieces of the EARTH CORE...that's incredibly awesome.

-So I take it Skyfire is a cybertronian jet?

-Well, Skyfire died as he lived...completely covered in ice.

Woo! I told you I could get two episodes done in one day. Enjoy!

Next: The Dinobots (Hells Yeah!)

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I enjoyed that reivew alot! (You just can't emphasize how cool it is that Megs and OP fought with parts of the Earth's core, can you?:D )

I think Skyfire comes back, though. I am almost certain he comes back later and does something that pisses off the Robotech guys, I just can't remember what and when.

11. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    While I'm not going to say one way or another, if he really is watchng them for the first time ever, let's try to avoid any spoilerish comments.

12. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Yea, I rather not have any spoiler comments in this topic since this is my first time every watching G1. This is also cleverly disguise bump back to first page.

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, actually. His main weapon is a liquid nitrogen gun, or he shoots it from his hands or whatever.

14. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Erm, that STILL falls under the definition of "inconsistant"... doesn't mean it's a negative though.

15. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Because the cartoons exsist solely to sell toys, not make sense! In fact this reply would probably answer MOST of your questions! That having been said, I'm enjoying your 1st impressions.

16. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Season 1 Episode 8: S.O.S Dinobots

Rating:
    70/100: This episode wasn't bad...but I think I might have put my expectations a tad bit high with the fact that the dinobots were appearing in this episode. The Dinobots didn't do as much as I'd hope they would and barley spoke, also the episode had more animation errors then I usually pick up on which is why I docked so many points...I also docked points because I really hate rumble's lines...with an undying passion. Though Grimlock did catch Skywarp in his jaw which was very awesome and probably tasted like chicken.

Comments:

-Spike is going to explian to them what dinosaurs are....oh god that doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

-I'm trying to figure out if Reflector has a hive mind which would explian why all three talk at the same time or Reflector likes to be annoying.

-"That's what I call heavy metal" Two things about the line 1. Why is a heavy metal rocker at a museum he should be in his garage....rocking. 2. The tradition of hilariously bad lines continues....but this is 80s so it's okay.

-Now that's just mean Spike how do you know all dinosaurs have small brains? Were you there when they were around...no, no you were not,

-YAY! Work Montage! Every good show needs at least one.

-Great Cybertron...holy hexadime....I'm sorry I don't even know what a hexadime is. Crazy robots and their sayings I don't understand.

-YAY! Dinobot Rebellion....I guess they don't like being called simple-minded.

-Bumblebee the smallest of all autobots VS Grimlock the biggest of all dinobots.....this is going to be a one-sided fight.

-The autobots I believe made the dinobots a little bit to strong.

-Ah, we got the humans doing what I normally expecting them to do; running away and not helping the situation at all.

-They are still using the term astroseconds as time and not explaining how much time one astrosecond is.

-Oh, Bumblebee must feel so left out right now.

-Permanent dysfunction....isn't that a disease not another word for death?

-I guess the Dinobots aren't used to talking since they are talking so slowly.

-Optimus Prime is....blue? Crazy animation errors.

-Megatron's death cry sounds so bad it makes my ears hurt.

-Of course as soon as Megatron goes down Starscream fancies himself leader. If I didn't see that coming by now I would be a failure of a transformers fan.

-Dammit Rumble, your rhyming and cheesy lines will be the death of me.

-GRIMLOCK GRABBED A SPEEDING JET IN HIS JAW.....That is awesome.

-So now Megatron's gun form is magnectic...I can believe that.

-Yay more animation errors with the Seekers.

Yea, so this episode wasn't as good as I could hope but hey it still the first appearance of the dinobots so that's certainty something. As always Enjoy and a new review (if you can call it that) will be up tomorrow.

17. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

IMHO, this is the weakest of the pre-movie Dinobot episodes.

18. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

SOS Dinobots was the first episode of transformers i ever saw. The image of Grimlock grabbing Skywarp out of the sky has been etched into my brain from it's pure awesomeness.

19. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    this thread is so full of win, keep it up! it reminds me of when that guy was viewing beast wars for the first time. I actually waited till he was done, then went back and read all 18 pages start to finish. I haven't watched the series in probably 5 years, so your comments are bringing back memories of the best (and worst) of the series.

it's almost unfortunate that you don't have a deal of knowledge of some of the G1 history, as there are some things that could help you out. for instance, the great shutdown and sub-space. basically the war on cybertron depleted all of the energy on the planet, and most of the inhabitants shut down for millions of years, while shockwave and a few others were still functioning. and sub-space is just what has been used to describe where prime's trailer goes when he transforms, where soundwave's mass goes when he goes into tape player mode, etc.

20. Optimus Sledge

I respectfully disagree. I think it's far more interesting to read the opinions of someone viewing the show without the preconceptions of all the fanwankery 25 years of fandom has instilled in a lot of us.