In this topic, I will watch, rate and comment on every G1 episode.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MetaRidleyX, Nov 22, 2008.

1. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Season 2 Episode 44: Cosmic Rust

Rating: 60/100:This episode was okay but not anything great....I think I gave it more points just because it was referenced in the recent premier of season 3 of TFA.

Comments:

-An Autobot symbol on a planet...is it sentient like Mogo (Green Lantern)?

-Autobot is a language? What?

-...so it's a holographic message that speaks in rhymes....I bet it's Wheelies grandfather giving the message.

-How did they move the lighting bug? Did they rip it out of the ground?

-....This is what happens when you don't take the proper precautions when using weapons...you get damaged when your in the middle of space...stupid Megatron.

-This is not the starscream I know...Starscream would make Megatron wound worse instead of help heal it.

-Woo! Perceptor....voiced by Stephen Hawking in animated.

-Crap...Megatron sounds like he is actually dying.

-This is what happens when you let cars on boats....they transform and commit mutiny.

-I'm liking the different personalities of the Stunticons.

-Yep, Megatron definably looks like he's dying.

-OH NOES! COSMIC RUST! That's what killed Hot Rod in animated...I assume anyway.

-Hey, someone should give Megatron a hand with his cure....god, I hate myself for making that joke.

-...Megatron...so...shiny...

-...the autobots have been around since the Dawn of Time?...that's crazy.

-XD! Wheeljack looked like he had cosmic rust on him....then didn't...crazy animation errors.

-...now everyone realizes they have Cosmic Rust on them...OH NOES!

-There's only 4 minutes left in the episode and they are just now getting the cosmic rust...this is going to be one rushed ending.

-The deceipticons are going to attack the statue of liberty?...Well, at least it's not as crazy as attacking the capital itself.

-YES! More Superion vs Menasor action!

-....I can't believe Bumblebee actually said that...and had the closing line...Perceptor deserved it more then he did.

Enjoy!

Also for the next week I have a big competition coming up so I have to focus a lot on OM (odyessy of the mind) at my school...so they might only be one update this week...terribly sorry guys. I'll try my hardest to get you as many updates as possible.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Great review, as always.

3. Spearhead

Spearhead NEVER!

nice reviews, you might wanna put the Animated episode short-review in Spoiler tags, that is definitely not something one expects when reading this topic and some don't want to know before watching

4. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

This is just a bump to the front page........I think this is the first time this has ever gone past the second page.

New review by Sunday.

5. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Well no new reviews, its to be expected. This was on the third page.

I don't think you should do the 1986 movie - part of the appeal of these reviews was that you hadn't watched them before yet you say you have watched the movie before.

6. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Awesome Bass XO! Well, a review will be up in the hour and if anyone cares the OM competition went great we got Second Place and are going to states.

Next Review: Starscream's Brigade

7. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Season 2 Episode 45: Starscream's Brigade

Rating:
    80/100: This episode was combining fun times, it introduced a new combiner team, had some awesome combining fights and was just a good episode that likes combiners....like me!

Comments:

-This episode starts off what I assume to be an old war movie....they've had worse openings but this is up there.

-Heh. Starscream just had one of his many personality changes because now he just shot Megatron in the back surrounded by all the other deceipticons...that's a gutsy move.

-Why did Lazerbeak drop Starscream on an island? Doesn't he know that Starscream can just fly off it anytime he wishes.

-So, Starscream is going to be making an army out of old WWII planes...well, that's insane.

-....so...wait, Energon can also give transformers life?...this show needs to get it's fact straight.

-HOLY CRAP it's the COMBATICONS!!!

-Ohhhhhhhh, so the combaticons were made into Energon because they did something horrible to the Decepticons and now Starscream wants to them to help them take down Megatron....makes sense I guess...actually kind of cool.

-....I don't like this reporter guy...he's giving me a bad vibe.

-The combaticons just want to have a good time....while fighting the autobots.

-So far the Combaticons are the most dysfunctional team of 'cons I've seen so far....I wonder what Bructicus is going to be like.

-Wow, Megatron admitted he messed up...that's a first.

-I like Swindle's voice...it has just the right of salesman quality in it to be awesome.

-DEVASTATOR'S IS IN THE BUILDING! EVERYBODY RUN!

-OH CRAP! NOW BRUTICUS IS IN THE BUILDING! EVERYONE GET TO THE SHELTER!

-"Bruticus devastate Devastator"....Okay, Bruticus is definably the dumbest of the combiners.

-Wow, Megatron had a retreat like three times in a single episode...that's just sad.

-MID-AIR COMBINING! OH SHIT!!

-Menasor vs Bruticus....this is going to be awesome!

-...they stuck Starscream and the combaticons on a meteor....stupid Megaton why didn't he just kill them all?

Enjoy!

8. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

No no no no no. I think what you're taking for energon is actually the personality components. There is a line of dialogue that explains the Combaticons were rebels who Megatron punished by having their personality components removed, then destroying their bodies.

Always thought this was a good episode, partly because it's fairly unusual for an '80s cartoon to give over so much screentime in an episode to the bad guys. And it's a nice set up for the next episode, Revenge Of Bruticus.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Yep, but there's more then one line of dialogue, it's mentioned a few times, Starscream, Shockwave, Megatron, and Optimus Prime all mention the Personality Components.

They may have looked like Energon, but they were something completely different.

I regard this as one of the best episodes of G1 (Seasons 1 and 2), along with War Dawn and The Golden Lagoon in that they didn't follow the norms of format cartoons and had more to them then just being a 27 minute toy commercial. It was also one of the few episodes I remembered quite vividly watching as a child.

Oh, and

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Dude, the "Bruticus devastate Devastator." is a classic line!

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i love that episode as well, and if it wasn't for the stunticons, who knows starscream might have won lol

12. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    My thoughts exactly.

13. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Except, as Wildrider put it, he doesn't know when to quit.

Favorite exchange- "Bruticus?" "No, Starscream, not Bruticus."

14. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Season 2 Episode 46: The Revenge of Bruticus

Rating:

90/100: Fun episode with a fun plot...don't have time to say anything more.

Comments:

-....my god...a plot point from last episode that carried onto the next and the episode isn't a two-parter....G1 is learning Hurray!

-I love how Onslaught has a Russian accent...it's fits him so well.

-I thought Shockwave knew who the combaticons were beforehand?

-I love Swindle...so much.

-Wow, Shockwave's gun is damnably strong, to be able to take down Bruticus.

-Crap, it's the insecticons....it's never a good episode when they are in it.

-Protectobots?...where did they come in? I mean we got at least an episode dedicated to every other new team yet not the Protectobots? That's odd.

-...XD Shockwave crashed into Starscream.

-...now I've heard of sending humans into the sun, even cities but sending the entire earth into the sun....that's so new and awesome I can't help but get behind it.

-Wow, the insecticons did considerably damage...I didn't even know they were capable of doing that much to a city.

-Those illusions are interesting...I guess Shockwave must be a worshiper of Cthulhu since all his illusions have tentacles on them.

-Those illusions are crazy, awesome.

-Starscream is....crazy.

-So, it went from Starscream and Shockwave being prisoner to a farmland...that's the oddest transition I've ever seen.

-Damn, Insecticons making everything worse...this is why I hate it when they are in the episode.

-Awesome action scenes are awesome especially since the Combaticons are getting so badly owned in them.

-Bruticus is just a HATE MACHINE isn't he?

-I like how the machine asked if Sideswipe really wanted to change the earth's direction.

-Wow, this is the first time a Decepticon has actually died on screen.

-...damn, illusions...I thought Bruticus was really dead.

Enjoy!

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    protectobots just kinda show up lol, like a lot of characters, but they were doing alright introducing the combiner teams up until now, but i really like this episode

16. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Told ya it was good. :tongue:  I'm trying to think if Shockwave would have known the Combaticons. I don't think he'd seen their new bodies, so that might explain why he didn't know who they were.

17. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Good thing Onslaught used his backpack otherwise they never would have brought Bruticus down. I love how close the Earth is to the sun before in reverses lol. We would have been SOOO dead already...

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    He did. But keep in mind that as he knew them, they had their personality components removed from their bodies and their bodies melted down. He has never seen their new bodies, and had no reason to link them to the recently stolen personality components.

19. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Combaticons = win!

20. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Next Review! SOON!...maybe....hopefully.