IN MEMORIAM-TV & Movie Celebrities and Public Figures who pass in 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moreprimeland, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    I was really shocked when I heard the news since the band was supposed to go on tour in a couple of weeks. I was listening to two radio stations earlier and one of the announcers was tearing up when he was telling the listeners what happened. The other station started playing Linkin Park songs nonstop while telling the listeners the news. Rest in Peace Chester :( 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

3. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Tears that soak a callous heart

News Credits:
    RIP to him

4. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

RIP Chester Bennington. I don't listen to a lot of modern music, but I have always really liked Linkin Park.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    First Robin williams now Chester bennington, damb my favorite actor and singer are both gone, please dont let my favorite voice actor be next

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Whether it was watching the gorgeous tribute to the finale of Animated set to "New Divide" by @Strawberrytop00 , hearing the opening of "In the End" used in every other YouTube video from the dawn of the YouTube era, or watching Chris Christie ride the beat to "Numb" at the prospect of having chicken nuggets for breakfast, Linkin Park has always been like that musical cousin you didn't see often, but they still made you laugh and have fun. Still reeling from hearing this.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I can't express how sad I am right now. I've enjoyed their music since I entered high school in 2000.

I had my own battle with depression in the 2000s and their songs kept me going.

Thank you Chester and the rest of Linkin Park.

• Like Like x 2
  8. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

I found out about this when I got off from work. I’m shocked. Completely shocked that this would happen. I know I’ve heard about him having a rough life, but you think the music would have been enough for him to enjoy his life.

I came to like Linkin Park through the Transformers films. The song New Divide became my favorite song through the films as well. I think the band should be allowed to make one more song for the films as a tribute to Chester.

With the loss of Chester, the band might not ever be the same to me. Linkin Park is the only band I like that I could probably sit through an entire album without wanting to skip a single song. (On A Thousand Suns, there are some tracks that would not consider to be songs). There is just something about Chester that made the band’s music feel great (I can’t think of a proper word to replace great).

Chester, you will be missed greatly by many people around the world.

That is crazy. Whether he knew it or not (he most likely did) will likely remain a mystery.

9. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Man....Minutes to Midnight is hands down one of my favorite albums of all time. He had such an awesome voice; his ability to sound great on a slow melodic song or hard metal song was just one of his talents. Wow...is One More Light eerily emotional now...

10. Raiju

Raiju Oh, thank heaven for 7-11! Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Man, I'm genuinely shocked and hurt by Chester's passing. His and the rest of Linkin Park's music got me through some tough times myself, grappling with depression and contemplating serious thoughts of suicide at one point in the past (I'm glad I didn't go through with it because I love my life now).

It seems Chester was struggling with some real demons himself, which was what LP's new album was about. It's just sad that he seemingly chose to end his own life when so many people loved and cared about him. RIP.

I'm glad, at least, that I got see him and LP (with a surprise appearance by Jay-Z to sing their awesome Collision Course mashup) live at Madison Square Garden a few years ago. It was an amazing performance and one that I'll never forget. My cousin (with whom I attended the show with) is also taking this tragic news pretty hard.

• Like Like x 3
  11. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :cry :cry :cry :rip 

• Like Like x 1
  12. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    Goodbye chester. R.I.P 

• Like Like x 1
  13. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Hybrid Theory was the first album I ever owned. Linkin Park has been there for pretty much my entire life and their songs like many, helped me get through the early struggles of my youth. I've never felt so empty inside right now, I can't even begin to imagine how his family is feeling, how his friends and fellow band mates are feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    This was really sad to hear about, and I'm praying and wishing his family and friends well in this trying time.
    Like many, I grew up with their music, have great memories singing along in the car with it.

For the longest time, whenever their albums would come out, I'd go straight to learning the mike shinoda parts because there was no way I was going to strain my voice to try and do the Chester parts.

I'm not even sure what to say about this, except that he'll be missed. Linkin Park was one of the first concerts I ever went to without an adult with me. I even still have their first DVD special they had made.

I hope where ever he is now, that he's at peace.

• Like Like x 2
  15. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I listen to Green Day more than Linkin Park nowadays, but Chester's voice is still a solid part of my soundtrack. May he rest in peace.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  16. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i wasnt' a fan of their music at all but man this is still rough to hear....it's always so sad to hear when anyone takes their own life celebrity or not. i feel for his family his kids and all the fans.

RIP chester...i didn't like your music but i like that you made it...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't even have the words to express how I feel about this. Till all are one.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Prival

Prival Prival-con

I've never felt so destroyed to hear about a singer/band members passing. Literally spent the morning crying. While I'm not very old (turning 18 in December) it has still had a heavy impact. They were the first band that I ever actually loved and rode with and we're a huge part of my childhood.

I was introduced to the band in 2007 when I was 7 years old in June. This marked the day that I fell in love with two things. Those being Transformers and Linkin Park. I remember leaving that theatre and for weeks humming the tune for "What I've Done".

Without Chester I may have been a completely different person...so thank you Chester Bennington. Thank you for being a part of something I could turn to in my struggles. Thank you for the inspiration and motivation you gave me. And thank you for being a part of my life. You will forever be missed by me and never forgotten.

• Like Like x 3
  19. autobot1024

autobot1024 Armada Addict

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    the moment i heard about this..i was hoping to god it was a hoax, a joke, a falsehood. but sadly that wasnt the case. Chester must have been going through some really heavy stuff and i feel sorry that he didnt get the help he needed. now he leaves his life with his wife and 6 children with no dad or lover. i wasnt a fan of linkin park till i heard "what ive done" in the 2007 transformers movie. from there i went and listened to more of their songs and soon full albums. something chester brought to the band can and never be replaced. he was a uniquely talented man and it's with deep sympathies and a heavy heart to say thank you chester, for making me a fan and for everything you did. you leave behind a legacy that will never be forgotten and you'll always be in our memories. RIP Chester..we'll miss you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. soundwavejordan

soundwavejordan Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    May he rest in piece, so sad to hear that he\'s gone. My condolences to his family & the rest of the Linkin Park Crew.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.