In-hand pics of Combiner Wars Alpha Bravo

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by megatronski, Nov 30, 2014.

1. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    My superion will have 4 jets this will be an instant vortex .....after i play with him :) 

2. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    He looks pretty good, like a stronger version of the FOC Vortex. Still, some comparison shots would be appreciated, for the sake of scale. I wonder how much these are downscaled...if at all.

3. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    So much hate for the new kid... :( 

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I suspect they wouldn't want any paint on the combiner ports because it would get rubbed off and scraped after the port was plugged in and disengaged a few times.

5. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    That's what I think too, painted ports are just asking for trouble, they could be worse, the HEAD could be the part that gos in the socket. Which is what i thought when I first saw AB, due to poor pick quality and the cubeness of his head, I realized my mistake when I saw Dragchins rounder head.

6. phantomfharlock

phantomfharlock Well-Known Member

So is this the base mold for a combiner wars bruticus blast off down the line? It looks space shuttle-ey enough...

7. Lewa1267

Lewa1267 Well-Known Member

He looks good and would make a great Vortex repaint, but I really hope they make a Slingshot down the road...

8. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    If the CW follows the comics, SS is dying, that's why AB is here to take his place. Hard to have a combiner with only three limbs, sure defensor managed once, but still...

9. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

There are packaged samples getting out. Where are our preorders BBTS? TFSource?

I preordered Arcee and Chromia six months or so before seeing them. Same with a ton of other mainline figures. These are set to hit in a month or two and still nothing.

10. TheTigerking84

TheTigerking84 Active Member

He's not a jet! Digging the Orange and white deco however.Day 1 pick up.Does the hand/foot do anything in vehicle mode? Guess a Vortex and Blades redeco is coming..

11. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Liking him SO MUCH.

sure, these guys are going to be basic in transformation, but they're integrating the combiner ports into the torsos in cool ways.

12. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    me want

13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'd rather Alpha Bravo not be used for Blades, but there's no point in making a second helicopter mold.

14. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Vortex...I mean, Alpha Bravo looks very nice, he'll fit in well enough until someone creates a real Slingshot.

15. HARD RAINBOW

HARD RAINBOW Well-Known Member

Indeed.

I feel like buying him just so I can have the satisfaction of throwing him in the trash.

16. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    In all honesty, helicopter tfs tend to turn out better then jet tfs, both in bot and alt-modes.

17. DarthusPrime

DarthusPrime Well-Known Member

tbh hasbro has to remould or repaint either skydive or fireflight or somebody and make a walmart/target/toysrus exclusive Slingshot so we can feel fulfilled with our lives. Same with Offroad= Wildrider.

18. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    That is probably a secondary reason. I think it's more that these connectors are going to be made in unpaintable plastic so they can do their job without breaking or easily wearing out. But even if that didn't need to be the case, paint on these would be pretty silly. Of course, then cue Takara unveiling a Drag Strip whose plug is chromed...

So, issues with using Slingshot as a trademark name are one component of getting someone not named Slingshot on this team, but I don't believe it's the only one, and it's not the specific cause of getting a helicopter. Both of the first two teams are notable for being all the same types of vehicles, internally. Four planes, four cars. Mixing the teams for the first two assortments is partly to keep some variety in the assortment. As a result, neither has more than two of the same type of vehicle mode - two jets, two sportscars. Making Alpha Bravo a helicopter and Offroad a truck is part of the same goal. They fit the needs of their team's motif, but keep the lineup from being really homogenous. Good chance that even if Slingshot was an available name, either he would still not be a jet, or someone else on the team would have had a change of alt mode to reach the same end.

19. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Good idea. But instead of a trash can, maybe throw it in the toys for tots bin...?

20. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

This looks really good! very G1 inspired - yet modern. ALSO - all the modes look great! especially foot mode! I'm so buying every damn last one of these!