In Hand Images of Legacy Evolution Leader Prime Universe Skyquake

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SG_DJ_Vaporwave, Dec 10, 2022.

1. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Primus, who art dead and in Cybertron, alloy be thy name, please grant me, your humble supplicant, a Prime Dreadwing repaint and retool of this figure….

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Prime Dreadwing has already leaked as a store listing

• Like Like x 1
  3. vatarian

OH???? Color me both embarassingly out-of-the-loop on this matter, as well as pleased. Thank you for the information.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Don't think I've posted about this one yet (and if I did I forgot lol) but this is by far one of the best updates. Sucks about the gun being tiny in robot mode (though ironically it's scaled for jet mode, since proportionally I think it comes out to around the same size as the main GAU-8 Avenger gattling gun in the nose of an A-10 Warthog), but beyond that I really like the design of this one. The flat cockpit chest is rather quite novel, don't get too many of those, and frankly I'm just a fan of hard geometric square edges in general so this really tickles my fancy. The redesigned head crest also looks very nice. Definitely on my watch list.

5. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

Man this almost looks like a WFC (FOC?) design IMO! The chin is kind of strange though, it being pointed just looks off, it makes him look like he has a goatee

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    I honestly didn’t even notice how whack the arms are until you mentioned it. With that said he’s just a simple toy I don’t see anything really worth on the voyager price point.

Another concern other than them making Ghost Starscream (aka a time bomb) or just eliminate it (thereby missing the point), would also be the sword, since it’s insanely long (for reference it’s 10% longer than Legacy Bulkhead’s alt mode), and I know that Hasbro will shorten it and it’ll be the length of an average British dagger.

Another thing I noticed on my Nightscream is how uninvolved the clear plastic is to the transformation. The only joint that moves is honestly the right arm.

• Like Like x 1
  7. vatarian

I’ll be honest— The whole face looks a little…. Too sunken? Into the helm proper? For my tastes?

It doesn’t kill my interest in the figure, and I think that problem will be less noticeable in Dreadwing, who had a far brighter faceplate, but….

It’s an odd design choice, imo.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That is surprisingly reasonable for a stolen mid-2023 leader class figure. I'd have expected much higher than that, unless the stolen toy market has cooled off a bit.

9. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

I see, the face does look like it's almost too small compared to the helmet that fits perfectly around it, I wonder if that's why he looks sunken.

10. vatarian

That too! And perhaps I’m seeing things where they aren’t, but his face LITERALLY looks overly…. Recessed… Into his helmet/cranial-case/skull to me.

Which is a nonsensical design choice, imo, because out of all of Prime's designs, the Dread-Quake twins had very sleek, fluid helms, which their faces sat more or less on the surface of.

There WERE Transformers in Prime who had rather deeply recessed faceplates— Megatron, for example.

But Skyquake… Did not.

“But Vatarian, this isn’t a 1:1 reproduction of the Prime designs-“

Yes, yes, I know. It just feels like more of a betrayal of the original character designs homaged to than much of the rest of what’s been seen in the Legacy line.

Does it make me dislike the figure? No. Am I perhaps wringing my hands over a very minor flaw? Yes. Does it still bother me? Also yes.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's times like this when the youngins must realize that they are now going through what us G1 fans went through in the 90s and 00s with figures that bore the name of characters we liked/had/cherished that ended up either looked nothing like them or were stylized/updated but still weren't able to completely pass as what we remembered.

• Like Like x 2
  12. vatarian

Oh…. Oh god.

Does this make me a Prymewunner?

• Like Like x 2
  13. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    If I've learned anything while being on this site in the recent years. Everyone can be a geewunner and [​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  14. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Not bad, though Rotorstorm didn't even show up in Machine Wars. However it hits me that if we end up with MW Sandstorm, that might end up becoming Rotorstorm?

Actually, hang on. Do we have like a timetable to determine when characters go from retools to new molds? Because if Selects Rotorstorm was released in 2020, how soon could we see him scoring his own mold.

...Man, I am really fixating on Rotorstorm too much, aren't I?

15. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Hyperdrive was a retooled/ repaint from Thunderclash, HD would need to be able to combine with his trailer for robot mode. HD was meant to be much bigger than TC. I'm assuming also in vehicle mode too. He won't be if he was a repaint from TC.

Hyperdrive is an obscure character, I think way more than everyone from Euro and MW. He is also large in size, so a figure might be hard to sell until he has more exposure. There has been suggestions if he was a repaint/ retooled of Legacy Menasor and the cab was Thunderclash. Like a two for one. It would be his introduction but not necessarily his only figure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. vatarian

Jokes aside- And I do, very self-awarely, have a tenancy toward shit-stirring for the sake of it— I don’t actually often let details in Transformers bother me TOO much.

Do I always like the directions Big Hasbro™️ takes with their figures, characters, comics, lines, and shows?

No. But, tbh, at the end of the day, it’s a franchise aimed at kids. And I, like most of the rest of the people on this site, am a weird fucking maladjusted adult who enjoys Funny Car Robot. Being aware of that, I try not to get my panties in a wad about what the creators of Funny Car Robot DO with Funny Car Robot, given that the specifics of Funny Car Robot are no longer aimed at people like me— Us—

…..But am I ABSOLUTELY going to be waiting for a third party faceplate-replacement to snap/adhere in place over the stock one on this mold? Even if it’s overpriced and fiddly? Even if I have to model and craft it myself?

Yeah, yeah I am.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have this thought , what if the leaked Leader G1 Sandstorm is a hybrid of G1 and MW and is actually a pretool of MW SandStorm and Rotorstorm. Like the robot mode and helicopter mode is more MW Sandstorm and his dune buggy is G1.

18. ProfessionalIcee

ProfessionalIcee I have a fear of places so I want to change shape.

I hope not. Doubt it.

• Like Like x 6
  19. SaberZ

SaberZ Well-Known Member

an interesting idea would be if they took a page out of fanshobby's book & instead made Thunderclash a retool of PMOP with the combined mode being Hyperdrive.

That or they could just do Thunderclash normally, and make Hyperdrive a haslab. Tho idk if he'd get the backers, but maybe he could if enough people think he looks cool.

20. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    it make me think it his cybertronian mode