In g1 transformers is megatron actually galvatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Slone1993, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slone1993

Slone1993 Well-Known Member

yea to me i think galvatron was one of the reasons for season 3 not being as good as as the other 2 and the series to go down hill a bit.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The complete opposite for me. I was a fan of the series right from the first mini series, and I thought the cast of characters and stories improved dramatically in the third season.

For me, the only thing holding season 3 back compared to the first two is how bad the quality of animation got. You know you're in trouble right from the opening credits. Everything from storyboarding, to layout, to key animation, to even cel painting took a MAJOR hit in s3. A lot of it was Hanna-Barberra Superfriends-level bad. The first two seasons had a few poorly animated episodes sprinkled in, but in season 3, it became the norm rather than the exception. It was especially disappointing coming out of the movie and how amazing that had looked.

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    On how much I enjoy each episode of season 3:

1."Five Faces of Darkness, Part 1" - average
    2."Five Faces of Darkness, Part 2" - average
    3."Five Faces of Darkness, Part 3" - average
    4."Five Faces of Darkness, Part 4" - average
    5."Five Faces of Darkness, Part 5" -average
    6."The Killing Jar" - above average
    7."Chaos" - average
    8."Dark Awakening" - good
    9."Forever Is a Long Time Coming" - above average
    10."Starscream's Ghost" - good
    11."Thief in the Night" - above average
    12."Surprise Party" - average
    13."Madman's Paradise" - average
    14."Nightmare Planet" - average
    15."Ghost in the Machine" - good
    16."Webworld" - above average
    17."Carnage in C-Minor" - bad
    18."The Quintesson Journal" - good
    19."The Ultimate Weapon" - good
    20."The Big Broadcast of 2006" - average
    21."Fight or Flee" - good
    22."The Dweller in the Depths" - good
    23."Only Human" - good
    24."Grimlock's New Brain" - good
    25."Money Is Everything" - good
    26."Call of the Primitives" - good
    27."The Face of the Nijika" - below average
    28."The Burden Hardest to Bear" - good
    29."The Return of Optimus Prime, Part 1" - good
    30."The Return of Optimus Prime, Part 2" - good

1."The Rebirth, Part 1" - good
    2."The Rebirth, Part 2" - average
    3."The Rebirth, Part 3" - good

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I would love to see something like season 3 of G1 again in modern Transformers. Especially the new characters. That's what I love about IDW. They have something of the first seasons and season 3 in there equally.

I loved the exploring of other worlds, the discovering of the history of the Transformers and how they have "seen in to the face of their creators" ;) 

HAIL GALVATRON.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I always preferred the explanation where being severed from his contact with Unicron is what drove him batty. Or that all the power poured into his upgraded form was just too much for his mind to handle.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Season 3's Return of Optimus Prime would have been a fine ending to G1.

Had the Rebirth not been made.

7. Slone1993

i agree the return of optimus prime would have been fine i mean a truce was made temporarily and the fighting was over and iptimus came back the rebirht mini series was just trying to ge tkids to buy more toys but went downhill even with optimus prime back to life.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I think this sums it up

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I hated Rebirth when it originally came out. And I didn't watch it again until many years later after I saw the Japanese Headmasters series which made me think, "Hey, maybe Rebirth wasn't so bad after all." Then Rhino released the 3-part Rebirth on a dvd (one of their first, before the season sets), and I liked it a lot more.

So now I'm a fan of Rebirth. I like it a lot more than Headmasters. the animation isn't up to the level of the first two seasons, but is at least as good or a little better than a lot of season 3 (except they couldn't color Optimus' head right to save their lives). And there are parts of Rebirth that crack me up, like Cyclonus freaking out over the Autobot heads popping off, or Prime repeating his disastrous decision to leave Ultra Magnus in charge AGAIN, who sure enough botches everything AGAIN and manages to practically lose the entire planet Cybertron single-handedly in just one episode. Never leave Magnus in charge.

Yeah, there is a lot of goofiness in Rebirth, but no more than in any episode from the first two seasons that everyone loves so much.

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ive actually posted a prev. Discussion here hypothesizing a what if galvy was a separate character megs as per toy profile. But i guess history has shown usurping galvy with past life as megs is way more interesting angle.

Its kinda like how old biff vs young biff played out in bttf2. Hey mcprime! Why dont u make like a fotosynthesizing organic n roll out?!!

11. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I think that in the original Transformers animated movie, Galvatron retained Megatron's "laser core/personality component/spark". So in my opinion, that makes him essentially the same character. However, the show stated that Galvatron went insane due to a "plasma accicent". In addition, I think that all of that mental torturing from Unicron probably didn't help Galvatron's mental stability either.

12. Slone1993

i never really considered unicron becoming the reason of galvatrons insanity

13. supermegatronwd

supermegatronwd Well-Known Member

always thought and always will think galvatron/megatron same person, thats why unicron could not control him like the other re-formated transformers till he torchers him of course.

14. Slone1993

agreed totally

15. supermegatronwd

supermegatronwd Well-Known Member

even galvatrons head is megatron with a crown on it lol

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    And a goatee.

17. Slone1993

i have notice the onlyt hing megatron and galvatron look different is the color the purple crown and the gun and their transformation.

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Although if you remember the original Galvatron toy was grey, so there's another commonality between Megatron and Galvatron. Which actually I prefer to the purple. Also both toys of Megs and Galvy had pistol modes. Don't remember if Galvatron ever changed to his pistol mode in the cartoon but he did at least once in the Marvel comics. Marvel Galvatron was also grey instead of purple.
    I suppose it depends if you want to include the toys (and the Marvel comics) when trying to compare Megatron and Galvatron.

19. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

long story made short unicron forced megatron into making a deal wwith unicron who happens to literally be the devil of the transformeres mythos

megatron gained a whole new body as he was reformatted and upgraded though perhaps reincarnated would be a better way to understand the matter

galvatron clearly had megatrons memories his drive for conquest and lust ful hunger for power though i doubt galvatron as a liviing being actually posessed megatrons spark

there is absolutely no way megatron would ever allow himself to be forced into a lackey role and he would never accept anything short of being the number 1 alpha male when it comes to the greeater schems of things

most likely megatrons spark exstinguieshed either that or unicron kept it for himself usning maegatrons anger rage and hate to keep himself alive as a disimbodied head

20. Slone1993

galvatron is megatron it will always be my opinion megatron was still alive all unicron did was give megatron a new body and new name even in ffod part1 astrotrain even said megatron and galvatron were the same guy when starscream saw galvatron for the first time he asked megatron is that you and galvatron said heres a hint and killed starscream the only reason why galvatron became more crazy was because of that plasma bath on thrull when rodimus threw him out of unicron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.