In g1 transformers is megatron actually galvatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Slone1993, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Is that the one where they show the toy in it's box representing, I assume, our dimension/reality?

2. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Hmm.. I just looked through the issues 14 to 17, but it wasn't there. Must have been another comic. But I can't remember which. I just know I have seen it, but it wasn't Dreamwave probably.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heres a hint!

BBBZZZZZZZOOOOOWWWWNNNNTTTT

*OP crumbles into dust*

4. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always liked the scene in webworld where galvatron says "you have no right to change who I am" and the doc responds with "that's the problem, you already have been changed" Which I believe means that he is no longer megatron. Like with scourge & cyclonus, they know of there previous lives, but have different personalities.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont think so. I know that the old toy tech specs were written by marvel writers but i always figured it was just detachment between toy production n entertainment. Generally i always figured the profile came 1st but hasbro didnt see that entertainment had to fit in 100%. Hence galvatron being written as magnus' city commander counterpart, metroplex/trypticon being released in year (im a bit fuzzy on this).

6. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    That would have left the Decepticons without leader.

Btw.: I think I remember where I saw the panel with all those Galvatrons. It was in one of the IDW ones. So I mixed it up.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That's probably the best argument I've read on the subject.

8. Slone1993

Slone1993 Well-Known Member

this is what i think when megatron met unicron unicron said he was going to give him a new body he did not say he was going to be a different person. he said he was going to give him new troops. so to me thundercracker and skywarp no longer existed same with the insecticons. even in season3 episode ghost in the machine u hear unicron tell scourge remember what i have given you i can also take away which was life so i think cyclonus, scourfe and the sweeps are different robots just made out of debris of the old decepticons. megatron is still galvatron for several reasons. smashers post, and when starscream first saw galvatron he says megatron is that u and he responds heres a hint and destroys him. in ffod part 1 astrotrain said megatron and galvatron were the same guy. galvatron would have remained the same if he did not take the plasma bath on thrull even megatron hit his own men sometimes. i am going to stick with megatron is galvatron.

9. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they are the same person, you cant judge someone by their state of mind, just because someones gone insane deosnt make them a different person

they have just lost their sanity

10. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I think they are the same person in the old G1 storyline. His madness is due to a head injury. I seemed to know Optimus Prime in the old toon.

11. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

That's probably what most of us inferred from the statement. Yet it is slightly ambiguous, and considering some here state 'new body' to be synonymous with 'upgraded body', can't the 'new troops' then be considered synonymous with 'upgraded troops'?

I'm not pushing an agenda here, in case anyone is wondering, just trying to inspire discussion on an aspect I find interesting.

Something else to note; especially for fans that require Transformer deaths to be confirmed by desatuartion of color from a body.
    at the point of 'I except your terms, I exceeee-aaaagh', Megatron's body fades to a uniform light grey. Only reflecting the green and purple cast of ambient light.
    While at first glance you may consider it a washout effect from over-exposure to Unicron's light, one would think mid-tones and much of the shadows to be absent, or colored.

That's an intriguing theory for the Cyclonus/ Armada enigma. While the production values of the movie were immensely greater than a typical Akom episode, there were definitely slip ups.
    The redundancy in the dialogue introducing the Sweeps and Armada is a concern though.

12. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

What made Galvatron go all crazy and insane?

13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The movie came first and new toy designs were based off their characters movie appearance.

14. Dark Ramjet

Dark Ramjet Waiting patiently

News Credits:
    Unicron complex causes multiple personality disorder.

15. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I don't think Cyclonus and Scourge know who they were because unlike Megatron/Galvatron, they were dead (wreckage) when they were formed by Unicron.

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, there's definitely some ambiguity on this and quite a few other aspects of the movie\season 3. I used to think about this stuff a lot as a kid so I think it's way cool to continue such discussions as an adult.

Has anyone here ever listened to the fan commentary with Joe Moore on the Sony release of the DVD?

17. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crash-landing in a lake of plasma-lava on the planet Thrull after being thrown out of Unicron by Rodimus Prime. He soaked in it until Cyclonus and Scourge rescued him, and it damaged his mind.

18. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

It's commonly attributed to his exposure to Plasma Baths for an extended duration. Others have supposed a break in tether to Unicron led to extreme trauma.
    I'd suggest losing Cybertron, and defeat at the hands of a seemingly insignificant Autobot would be enough to push him over the edge anyway.

Generally, though, Megatron was considered insane by many, well before the events of the movie. The Galvatron persona seems to take it to a whole new level.

In saying that, I do prefer his G1 comic depiction over the cartoon: Cold, brutal, and unstoppable, before breaking in Time Wars and reverting into a mad dog. Season 3 Galvy spent most of his time shouting, cackling and beating up his own troops. :) 
    His 'plans' for Cybertron in Headmasters were fantastically insane though...

19. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    When Unicron says "his Armada" you still see the two Cyclonuses, but before he finishes this, you see them fly off screen, so I think it might be bad timing as well.

20. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Youre right, the designs were in the work even when the 84 line was launch, i'd imagine the toy profiles being written at least in 85, a year before release, and at this point any inconsistency between movie depiction n toy marketing is on purpose i.e. To avoid spoilers, i guess i never really gave 80s hasbro credit and always had this idea of toy galvy as being a separate chatacter from toy megs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.