In-box Universe Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blitzwingfan94, Dec 2, 2008.

1. ntsan

ntsan Well-Known Member

Nice on the faction swapping!

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's my guess. He's the "beast bad guy" for the assortment, even if he ain't REALLY.

And the way I see it, this toy is more show accurate than the first one, at least when all details are averaged together.

What else would he attach the rigid grill structure to?

Really looking forward to this one. Have to check if those arms tuck away better for beast mode, even if only in a fan-mode half-assed way.

3. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I disagree. Undeniably born a Pred, but, being Predacon is certainly not nature. It sounds awfully black and white. Dinobot was all sorts of shades of grey. Its not programming in my eyes, its experience. Can one really say a code of honor is a primary Predacon characteristic? He learned it from others around him. I believe Predacons were divided by ideals. Somewhere there had to be a group who valued honor over glory. And Dinobot struggled with both. I think that's why he joined Cryotek and eventually Megatron. They offered glory and he was curious. In the end honor prevailed.

And to whom said he joined the Maximals out of revenge against Megatron, that was true at first. However, I wouldn't say his final act of life was about revenge. It was about restoring fallen honor and moral. Most Preds liked the idea of altering the past to meet their own desires, however, most got cold feet out 'what if' syndrome (as I would call it). Dinobot was against this. It went against honor. He joined Megatron thinking it was about gathering energon and taking back Cybertron. Moral is what defined his life in the end. Box labels him as a Pred/Con, but he was Maximal in many ways.

And is it just me or are his stats awfully low? Not vibing the missle launcher. I still prefer the old spinning tail gimmick (single greatest toy gimmick ever). I do, however, love the faction swap gimmick.

4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    This is like the BW counterpart to GEEWUN.

5. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

loving the mold but the color is not show accurate , but thats why we get henkai!

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Faction symbol swapping? EXCELLENT!
    It may not be show accurate but I really like the deco, I'll just have to wait and see what Henkei's is like though.

7. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I don't really care for this one, I'm waiting for the others.

8. honcho

honcho BW Megatron Completionist

Ebay:
    I cannot wait for this toy. At all. I need it now.

Dinobot was one of my favorites when I was little. This toy is infinitely better than his original. I like that at least they tried to mold it show-accurately with some of the details, despite it being a different transformation. Still gorgeous. Definitely picking this up and Henkei's.

In regards to the box art, I gotta say it's weird seeing Dinobot with... not-sharp teeth.

9. dinobotdude44

dinobotdude44 Cliffjumping Jazz

:gen069:  back at me, i feel like an idiot, but thanks for filling me in

10. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The robot legs look a lot better.