In box pics of Botcon 2012 exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shatterpoint, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can understand some of the dislike for this set. Perhaps its because this is going to be my first one, but I'm pretty excited for the entire set myself. And KICKOFF! Must have to have it!!

2. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

petty awful looking set. Too bad superior 3rd party products aren't allowed at Botcon to make up for it.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    If the rumors are true, I could probably help you out with that too. ;) 

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I suppose I can see that, but only if you really take those questions out of context. In context, they're simply part of proper information gathering for such a situation.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    agreed... i recall someone saying that was blaming the fans, and i just rolled my eyes and neglected to respond... i think you are dead on with your information...

6. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    It also came from Pete originally brushing off the claim that Fun Pub was hacked as being an "over the top comment."

Later, Pete then posted a link showing how common credit card fraud was instead of addressing the issue that Fun Pub may have been breached, which many took to mean "It wasn't us, it was you or any of the other stores you shop at." Almost like they felt there was no possible way they, of all places, could have been hacked.

I remember many took offense when that link was posted, there were quite a few members going "Really? You may have been breached and you're placing the blame on us?"

Honestly though, it doesn't matter anymore, what's done is done.

I'm pretty sure Pete confirmed this at another TF forum, using the reasoning that SG G2 Prime is a good to get the fans an SG Prime if they don't want to pay the huge markup of the original. He didn't come right out and say it from what I recall, but it was heavily hinted that the figure was the real deal.

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A lot of it is mold choices combined with a mish-mash theme.

The bludgeon mold is the big one but for some reason never took off.
    The ironhide mold is crap. It only command the prices it does for rarity.
    The G2 Prime mold requires the 3rd party add to be interesting.
    Metalhawk's transformation is too simple and the recently released Dark Shadow looks nicer.
    For the Jazz mold they decided to go with a random, arbitrary character.
    Tracks is the best mold of the bunch but we've already gotten Tracks, Wheeljack, Runabout & Runamuck from it and 1/6 is disappointing.

I love the Warpath mold to death and would have loved any deco of it but it's only been used once by Hasbro so far so it may not have been available.

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^Sharing your sentiments! :D 

^oh you're such a........ tease! :p 

9. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup,some look good,for those whom has got the boxset & only like a few figures,they can still try to sell those figures that they do not want,best of both worlds

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Not random or arbitrary at all. The set includes an Ultra Magnus, a character whom was packaged with Treadshot in 2003 "Battle in a Box" a woefully unremembered release that I still own and remember as being the first TF I hunted for when I got back in the game.

11. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I was replying to one specific part of his comment. In hindsight, I should have worded that statement better. I have said as much since then...

It was never our intent to have fans feel like we were "blaming" them because we started looking in to ALL possibilities when word of this online broke. That is why we were asking for info...

12. SwineTrekkie

SwineTrekkie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which looks a ton like Armada Sideswipe. I love the homage to Armada. It takes one of the worst characters and makes him cool.

13. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

seriously, eye-rolling goodness for members who apologize for the horrible club and its pathetic actions and customer service...

It's okay, you obviously don't have a formal education in PR so gross mistakes are expected.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    dude, i was talking specifically about the questions that FP asked to send, i don't see how that was blaming the customer, it was them gathering information... and yeah, i've had a great time with the club. i've been a member for years, this year it definitely took a hit. i had 2 cards cancelled, it sucked, and i got over it. i'm excited for Botcon this year, because for the first time in the nearly 10 years i've been collecting seriously, i get to go and enjoy something i've been wanting to since i began collecting... if my enjoyment of the club and Botcon is so annoying to you, then leave this thread, and stop being an asshole...

and i have no idea what Pete's background is, but again, you don't need to be an ass about it... you hate the club, you hate Botcon, you hate Pete, you want 3rd partycon instead... congrats...

back on topic, i like how the figures are positioned in the box... i'll most likely never have them in there, once i get my set, but i'm thinking more about keeping Soundwave now than i was before... just to keep the set complete...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Not really teasing. If the rumored sets are true, I want the toy that comes with Octopunch, but will be looking to sell him. So if you want an Octopunch, I can probably make that happen.

16. Stepper

News Credits:
    Looks like this boxset is an epic failure

17. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do we get the Soundwave headband?

18. Stepper

News Credits:
    Just use a cloth & cut into smaller piece, is just a small little cloth create by our ownself i suppose!

19. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    Wholeheartedly agree with the both of you, the boxset should have just been named: INVASION: U.S.A!!!

Genius...I applaud you sir! These should have been included with the boxset...:( 

20. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you for your feedback... My background is in Marketing/Business Admin/Sales. Though customer relations has been a large part of that experience.

We all make gaffes after a long day. I have said as much and won't be an issue again.

Side note...We appreciate all fans and it would be awesome to come to these threads seeing that amongst everyone as opposed to some calling others names.