Impulse buys- what figures did you buy and love?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rlmiddleton, Sep 25, 2016.

1. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Tonight the streets are ours

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Which figures have you purchased on impulse that turned out to be great purchases?

Back when wave 1 of Titans Return came out I really wanted to get Galvatron (he turned out to be a disappointment imo) but someone else got to Smyths first. I picked up a Sentinel Prime instead having not planned to. And honestly he's one of my favourite figures.

I am thinking of picking up a Leader class figure tomorrow having not planned to previously. Which of the three TR figures released so far do you think is best?

2. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cw chop shop. He's my only insecticon and has no place but he's still kinda fun. He sufferes from a lack of weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto Saving the World, 1 VPN at a time...

News Credits:
    It wasn't a transformer, but I picked up a marvel legends civil war iron man and it's pretty cool

4. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Quite a few!

I think of all my TR stuff, it'll be Brainstorm as Orbital Comics in London had stock in that day and I was in town for a pub meet anyway. Opened Brainstorm in the pub - at a stage where I wasn;t as all in with TR as I am now - and my goodness it was, and is still, a revelation.

All the best
    Maz

5. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Generations Springer! I had a bad day at work and was on my way to purchase a bottle of wine at the local Wal Mart when I walked through the toy aisle and saw him sitting there after years of nothing but movie toys clogging the aisle, so I picked him up. I usually don't buy Autobots, but he's such a damn great toy and I loved LSOTW

6. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SDCC TR Fort Max was one of those impulse purchases where I was like "Do I wanna start an updated Headmasters display?" and I just bought it and I'll never look back

7. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Hmmm... I've had a couple. Thundertron was something I got because I hadn't gotten a figure in a while and the ability to paint him up and make the parrot later on has made him a huge favorite. RID Windblade wasn't even on my radar until I saw her first online then missed her... then I was like "Well, if I see her..." found her a few days ago, just got done painting her up and she is AMAZING.

Leader Ultra Magnus. Only got him because HTS had him on sale with free shipping... he is such a great looking figure!

8. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    I dont make impulse purchases. When a figure is announced, if its one I want for my collection, I preorder it.

9. MrAngry

MrAngry Proud to be Geek!

MP-10V by KBB. Bought him during a beer fueled eBay visit, and turned into one of my favorites.

Also, CW legend class Wreck Gar. Not sure what it is about that paint scheme that makes that mold fun, but it worked!

10. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

TR Blurr. I wasn't really interested in it, but it was there when I bought Skullcruncher and looked really good. Turns out TR Blurr is an awesome figure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I usually don't make impulse buys, I plan out what I will get but I have made a few...

PRID Thundertron. I never saw him at retail till one day I was at a Target looking for Combiner Wars Prowl, Mirage, & Sunstreaker. Instead of finding them I found him, so I said what the heck and picked him up. Think I got him for a few dollars less too.

CW Rodimus. Found him and CW Ironhide the same day I got Thundertron. Didn't think I was going to get it but I said, what the heck and picked him up when I was only going to get Ironhide.

12. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Great choice, I bought him a while back to top up my 'Con squad but he's actually a great toy in his own right.

13. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Wooah, that's quite an impressive impulse buy! Speaking of which I think I may take the plunge on TR Soundwave tomorrow. As I said, building up my 'Con squad and I like the fact he has a base mode.

14. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I finally got a job near the start of the year and I have more more then I've ever had so I get a little crazy doing stuff I never could before :lol  But yeah it was worth it though since I never owned Metroplex (Never will either to be honest).

I have TR Soundwave and I must say hes pretty neat! Laserbeak can sit on his arm, he can turn into his lampost mode from the first G1 Episode? And his alt mold is so refreshing from all the vehicles. His base mode is cool, thats where I like too store my separate Titan Masters

• Like Like x 1
  15. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Tomorrow he will be mine!!

16. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

CW Armada Megs. Was supposed to split a case and the other person bailed. Was one of my favorite figures from last year.

17. Nordh

Nordh Well-Known Member

Recent ones actually. TR Chromedome and Wheelie I just had to have when I saw them a couple of weeks ago. :)  I thought they both turned out great.

18. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most recently, probably TR Galvatron.

Went to TRU on my birthday and, since I'd had quite a bit of money saved up and needed more Cons, got him and Skullsmasher.

He's not without his faults, but he, most importantly, has presence, and I just love that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I saw wheelie and had to pick it up it looked so good. Sad it doesnt come with a driver like the japanese version :(  but its a great lil figure. I need a tiny human figure

20. DesertDog

DesertDog is probably craving pork chops

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Maketoys Despotron. I'd preordered him through BBTS, just in case he turned out awesome, only half expecting to keep the order. I'm glad I stuck with it, V2 Megatron or not, he's a great addition to the collection.