Impossible toys Alicon - How bad or good?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by boomerdave, Jan 17, 2017.

1. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

So my wife and I were watching The Movie and she saw the Allicon quintesson guard. She said "You don't have one of those do you?", which I didn't. So later she surprises me with the fact she bought me a MIB Impossible Toys Alicon because, in her words, "It's cute and this one is mine." (keep in mind this is the woman who thinks the Sharkticons are "Hideous")

Anyhow, it's coming and it sounds like it's going to be in Alligator mode in the quint display with the other IT quints we have (judge, scientist and various sharkticons).

I looked all over the boards and really can't find a thread or get a consensus on this guy. Any good? Bad? Anyone actually got one that can offer an opinion? Just wondering since it's coming and it's going to be part of my display whether I like it or not. :p  It's impossible toys...I'm not expecting miracles but I would hope it's at least "ok".

2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have four and am very happy with them . Plastic is a little thing when comparing them to current 3rd party stuff but I have never felt like I was going to break it. I gave them all to my boy for his b-day and he plays with them and has yet broken them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sndwv

sndwv Well-Known Member

I have two. Both have a couple of stress marks / sloppily pinned joints, but nothing major. Plastic quality is 'ok', slightly above model kit level I'd say. But it works great as a companion to G1 Gnaw, and while not as 'chunky' fits the aesthetic very well, I really like them.

4. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Very similar feel to what sndwv said; plastic is okay... definitely have a couple of stress marks and it's a bit sloppy paint wise. Fun to have one, tho'.

5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Havent played with mine much, wich makes them a rarity in my collection.
    They do look good in both modes but they are very G1 in that what articulation there is is clonky.
    Plastic is allright but not up to standard.
    All in all aside from the quints its the best product Impossible toys ever made and i think that says it all.
    It looks good but not great and it doesnt invite to transform.
    Its an ok display piece.

Ah, for some party to devote themselves to a range of quality chug Quint characters: Allicons, Judges, scientists, Mahr Al Uthra... the works.

6. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I have the full line of IT Quint figures, and while none of them are current 3P quality, they aren't junk. Like everyone else has said, a little clunky, but they look good on the shelf, especially with other Quints, sharks, etc.

7. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    If you can get it cheap it's great, but I wouldn't pay more than $20 - $25 for one

8. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's kind of meh compared to Corbot Mugger though they are different sizes and designs. I have a pic of them side by side, I'll try to find it tonight in case it helps for comparison

9. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here you go, it's this thing, right?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats it but its not transformed right. the animals arms are not out and instead the robots arms are

11. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have him on display with my other Quints and Gnaw... I agree, good for display and "model car" plastic is a very good description.

Works for on display, leaves a little to be desired but ok for a deal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

The plastic is thin. It's still a fun toy to play around with and looks cool in a g1 toy sort of way. I wouldn't necessarily give it to kids as it's got a lot of sharp points and may be a bit fragile. I got it for 30 and would recommend at that price point. Oh, and the hips are a bit floppy as well.

13. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Yeah that looks pretty good. I wasn't expecting Fans Toys or anything here LOL. That said, he'll fit in nicely with the other IT line stuff. Thanks for the feedback :)