Imax added Scenes *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by beatrush, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I didn't really see much similarity to the Tetrajet mode of G1 aside from what appeared to be a somewhat higher tailfin area. And it's tough to tell the exact shape from all the smoke or clouds or whatever that's supposed to be. You can be sure, I'll be watching that like a hawk on the BIG big screen this weekend.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Not true at all. They fit in quite well, as it happens and don't do anything at all to the pace of the movie.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I do believe there was an extended scene with Starscream in it. When he's chasing Sam, and he lands in the street, he gets into a fire fight with Ratchet and Ironhide. It may have just been a while, but I don't recall that in the regular theatrical release, just him taking off again.

4. Night Flame

I think that's there in the regular release. He lands, everybody fires once, he takes back off. Typical Starscream. Fly in like the great Decepticon conqueror, get shot at, run away with his tail between his legs.

5. DeathDrop

DeathDrop Well-Known Member

I just saw it in IMAX Yesterday and first off, the CG looked cleaned up in a lot of places. Just clearer and detailed in some of the action scenes. Also may god the sound, the whole theather shook like crazy with Blackout and the final battle.

Was the "New Scenes" a bit disapointing, sure I guess, but I still enjoyed it.

6. bumbay18

bumbay18 Bumblebee's assistant

i saw this yesterday and noticed that when Bumblebee shoots the signal out of his chest that its the Autobot symbol

7. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Well, he wasn't shooting the Batsignal, that's for sure.

8. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Saw it today in IMAX. Well worth the $14 :)  The robots looked even more incredible, especially in the Autobot arrival/backyard scenes. IMAX really lets you appreciate just how damn good the CGI is. The sound was also very clean and loud :) 

9. Schnafe

Schnafe .-. --- -... --- - ...

News Credits:
    I also saw it today. I have to say it was well worth my $14.50. For one thing it was nice to be able to see it one last time on the big screen. Chances are that will never happen again. Plus, like others have said, IMAX really brought out all of the fine details. Despite how many time I saw it on the regular screen, I still left today noticing things that just weren't possible to see on a "small" screen.

10. Night Flame

OK, with nine viewings in the regalur theater, (seven for my wife) we went to the IMAX yesterday and did a quick write-up once out of the theater of all the differences we noticed in this cut of the movie. In addition to the additional scenes, there are also several one or two second changes here and there that stood out to us.

My wife spotted, but I can't confirm seeing:
    1. When the group that survived the attack at the base were walking there was an additional couple of seconds prior to them stopping to look at that picture on th camera/scanner thingy.

2. John Voight's press-conference that Captain Lennox's wife is watching appears to have been a few words longer.

What I spotted, some of which she confirmed, some she didn't remember:
    1. In the Scorponok attack in the desert, the red-haired guy actually points his gun at the ground and looks alert before getting spiked instead of just standing around acting like he doesn't notice anything unusual going on as in the original cut. (She confirmed.)

2. Miles being picked up by Sam with his "new car."
    Miles - "It's yellow."
    Sam - "But it has racing stripes."
    Miles - "But it's yellow."
    Sam - "Four thousand dollars and all he can say is, 'it's yellow.'" (Confirmed by multiple reports.)

3. When the kids are dumped out before Bumblebee transforms and Barricade swoops in to attack there's an additional second or two of footage of the kids shot between his legs, of them standing behind him looking at Barricade as he comes in. (Not remembered by her.)

4. At the police station, the previously mentioned video, the old commercial with the girl losing her mind with the frying pan, smashing an egg, then going insane and destroying the entire kitchen, and he hands them two say no bumber stickers.

5. In the Sector 7 vehicle ride with the kids and Simmons, there were a lot of changes. When Simmons says, "Criminals are HOT!" he eyes Mikela a little longer than in the regular cut, and then it shows Mikela looking at him like he's scum as he keeps babbling, "I understand the attraction. I've been down that path myself." Then there was the eye scanner "telling the truth" thing that's been mentioned. And then they cut out the little shot of the scanner thing in the back of the truck as they approach Optimus Prime. It was just Simmons talking and then *BAM* they hit the leg. (All confirmed by her except she missed the "I understand the attraction" lines.)

6. When Jazz's visor pops up after taking the S7 weapons at the "crash" site, the sound effect was omitted in this cut. In the theaterical cut you can hear a "sword in sheath" sort of sound. (She didn't notice.)

7. Simmons talking to Lennox during the initial MBE1 conversation (try to keep up with the Acronyms) has additional verbiage.
    Simmons - "Ever heard of area fifty-one?"
    Lennox - "Yeah."
    Simmons - "This is fifty."
    Lennox looks grim for a second.

8. There is a long speech about all of the presidents from Simmons before entering the Allspark observation chamber. He called Clinton "Bubba." (Confirmed by multiple sources.)

9. They added a couple seconds of intro before entering and being locked into the chamber with the Allspark demo box. (Confirmed by her.)

10. There is one extra shot of about two seconds when everyone draws their guns on each other during the "I'm gonna count to three" scene right before the "whoah, whoah, WHOAH" is said that is a really nice establishing shot. It's pulled back a long ways from the people and shows exactly where everyone is standing. (She didn't notice.)

11. Lennox buying the radios at the Pawn shop. Tries to sell the lady his watch and that doesn't work. What finally works is him saying, "You're way too cute to be pointing that gun at me." (Confirmed by multiple sources.)

12. The scene where Starscream lands in the street and the cars go flying everywhere and there's a brief battle between Ratchet, Ironhide and Starscream over Sam is actually expanded by about three seconds. Ratchet and Ironhide actually shoot at him enough to justify him taking back off and getting out of there. ADDITIONAL BOT FOOTAGE! Sure, it's only a few seconds, but it is additional bot footage, and it adds to Starscream's character a bit. (When given a decent fight, he runs.) (Confirmed by her.)

That's the changes that were big enough we noticed them. We wrote them up fresh out of the theater so that nobody could come at us days down the line and tell us we weren't remembering it right.

There seemed to be a lot of folks seeing the movie for the first time in the theater yesterday. We have a feeling when the DVD comes out there are going to be a lot of people asking, "Hey, what happened to that little clip? I remember it differently." We sort of wanted to put together a list that we could point to and say, "this was the theater release, this was the IMAX release, which did you see before?" I'll probably be slapping together a permanent web page for all of this over the next couple of days so I can track changes between versions as different DVD versions come out as well. Hit me up if you spotted anything we missed.

It was pretty damn awesome to see it all on that big of a screen. The bot footage was a lot cleaner looking in several scenes, but where we saw it Ironhide looked really rough during the "feeling lucky punk" shot. Like, he looked yellowish, and the rest of the shot looked really black. Outside of that, everything else looked amazing. I wish we had an IMAX theater around here somewhere because I'd probably consider going to see it once or twice more. But, as it is, I'm happy. I've seen it ten times in the theater, and that's probably enough until the DVD comes out.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That all Happened in TFTM. S0 no Barricade,I hope he's in the Sequel.

12. polymorphic

polymorphic Bumblebee tuna!

You definitely CANNOT miss this movie on the Imax. Freakin' awesome. Also, why is everyone paying $14 and $15??? Imax here in Texas is $11. Is Texas the only place with $11 Imax screens?

13. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    $13 here in San Antonio

14. Rick_Coronel

Rick_Coronel Owner of many customs

Ebay:
    I can confirm those as well, I noticed them since it was my 9th viewing.