imagine if Transformers was sponsored by Toyota/Scion/Lexus....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:

barricade
    [​IMG]

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I said this once on one thread and I'll say it again.

If Megatron Transforms into a car he'd be too short for the Big Decepticon Rides.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    So it would be almost exactly the same.

4. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I prefer the cars they chose for the movies. They were cool looking and represented each character pretty well. The cars you chose look average. I swear I pass these cars every twenty seconds on the road.

5. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

This is a WHAT IF thread... i in no way think these cars are superior

6. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I don't want to. I really don't want to.

Happy place, happy place, happy place...

7. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Ya got that right...
    And there's the reason!

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You can't actually be serious.

You can't compare the Topkick to the Tundra and call them the same, strictly speaking of the asthetics. Aside from being much larger, the Topkick has a totally different shape and feel. It's taller, has a different "meaner" front end, the big exhaust stacks. It's got a totally different profile. Ditto the Scion TC and LFA for BB and Sideswipe. The camaro is a muscle car, the TC looks like a car mom would drive the kids to school in. And the LFA, while nice looking, doesn't have the sleekness and flat profile of the Stingray. None of the listed cars have the, for lack of a better term, stage presence of the GM cars picked.

9. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

yeah, toyata, without a doubt, is the most BORING car company in the world. and if you have an action movie with a flimsy plot, YOU. DON'T. WANT. BORING. based on that, you really could not have ANY japenese car company sponsor, due to how boring the cars are. So, what if the Volkswagen group sponsered.....

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i'll tell you one thing, if they went with Toyotas and stuff itd be a WHOLE CRAP TON better on the whole "robots in disguise" shtick

who's head DOESNT turn when you see a convoy of Concept Camaros, Corvettes, Ferraris, gigantic top kicks, lime green hummer, lead by a giant red and blue flamed pickup truck

11. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

This. Yeah while the cars in the Bay movies are indeed sex on wheels, thats not the best way to be in disguise if your a giant alien robot. Bland toyota cars would work better with the whole Transformer idea imo.

edit:
    For example while Primes truck looks snazzy and all that, no one would expect him to be something like this
    [​IMG]

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    And how much of that stuff would actually impact the movies in any way other than as a slightly different blurry car-esque shape in a couple shots? Oh, the vanity "line of autobots driving down a road" scenes would look like a commercial for a different car company.

13. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I can see where the OP is coming from and thought it strange too that there were no Asian car brands represented at all (given the origins of G1). They did fix it a little with DOTM and introduced some European brands for more variety but the overwhelming majority of GMC vehicles really did make the movies feel like 3 giant car commercials for GMC, Chevy, Hummer, etc.

Out of all the vehicles represented in the Bay films, I loved Barricade's Saleen S281 alt mode the most (and it's a big part why I bought a new all-black 2012 Mustang this past week, heh; a shame Saleen is no longer in business). I also appreciated the tongue-in-cheek rivalry between Bumblebee and Barricade (ie. Camaro vs. Mustang).

The exotics in the films were nice but nothing I could realistically afford. And I do agree with the whole "robots in the disguise" theme but these are Michael Bay movies we're talking about. Common sense goes right out the window, replaced by the most flashy and loudest of vehicles to capture the summer popcorn flick audience's short attention span for the best dollar return. XD

Not to get into domestic vs. imports debate, but I would have liked for at least one or two Japanese cars represented as a nod toward the G1 character origins. Gimme a Datsun of some sort, or maybe the Lancer Evo X or Impreza WRX STI. Not flashy enough? A GT-R or NSX would have done the trick.

That's why I like and appreciate the Alternity line of figures since it gives us some very nice Japanese exotics (too bad the line kinda sorta ended and is just giving us endless repaints). And Megatron as a 370Z interdimensional hyperspace samurai? Brilliant.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Jolt as Prius....Nice. :lol 

Expect many drag races out of Jolt then.

Whta no Scion xB? :mad 

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    THIS. And people would once again be complaining about Car Company X's product placement as opposed to Car Company Y's.

And that's why I applaud DotM. Throw in a Ferarri, a Mercedes for the Autobots, and a Mercedes and some Chevy as some 'Cons, and it just nicely breaks up the monotony. :) 

16. Lord_Starscream

Lord_Starscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will give you LFA is cool , but not as Sideswipe though . I do however like the ROTF Sideswipe best

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    That's actually a somewhat close version to a live-action Transformers Prime Optimus. Sort of. In the sense that it's big and red and not a Peterbilt. I'd love to see a list of other great live-action Optimus trucks.

I just realized something. Bayformers Optimus Prime=Peterbilt. Optimus Prime=Peter Cullen. Peterbilt. Peter Cullen. Mind=blown.

18. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

Well if they were going for conservative girly Transformers they'd be spot on.